Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

VCTF-Aggressive Alleys 3 (Xmas) PS3 BETA NOW UP!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VCTF-Aggressive Alleys 3 (Xmas) PS3 BETA NOW UP!!

Aggressive Alleys 3

PS3 version, let me know if it works, if so consider it final

http://files.filefront.com/VCTF+AA3x.../fileinfo.html

PC XMAS FINAL now available.

Please go here:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...3#post25342233

Thanks to everyone who helped

the sky still "flashes" frequently
    Start with the basics. Select Sky mesh and Hide. If you have any Sky S_s remaining; you have found the problem. Delete the extras.

Not the first time it has happened to people. Hard to understand the cause unless you watch for Z-fighting a lot.

Comment

Hi Chainsaw, really great XMAS map. I love it! You can maybe change lighting a bit- it can me more, you know, colourful. Red & green light will be perfect too

Change the name of my map in your first post- it is DM-Flatwars, not DM_Flatlands Happy christmas!

Comment

DL-ing and will test it out tonight

Comment

cool a beta of the xmas map is here i download it no i hope you can fixs that problem you have

edit: the map is ready it give me the xmas feeling mucic is nice too
          the jumpad too get at the big xmas tree is not working good

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
            Hi Chainsaw, really great XMAS map. I love it! You can maybe change lighting a bit- it can me more, you know, colourful. Red & green light will be perfect too

Change the name of my map in your first post- it is DM-Flatwars, not DM_Flatlands Happy christmas!
            Name changed, I'll give proper credit in the ReadMe Thanks!

I'm trying to spruce the colour, but the PP effect I'm using makes it tough. I'm tinkering, the final (tomorrow maybe) will be a bit more lively Thanks for the feedback!

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
              cool a beta of the xmas map is here i download it no i hope you can fixs that problem you have

edit: the map is ready it give me the xmas feeling mucic is nice too
              the jumpad too get at the big xmas tree is not working good
              No luck fixing the issue yet

I'll look in to the jumppad, you mean the ones that push you over (onto) the tree in the middle??

Comment

Originally posted by MapMonkey View Post
                Start with the basics. Select Sky mesh and Hide. If you have any Sky S_s remaining; you have found the problem. Delete the extras.

Not the first time it has happened to people. Hard to understand the cause unless you watch for Z-fighting a lot.
                I've been through everything mate. I can't see what is causing it. There's no meshes left of the original lightning model I can see, the toggable light is long gone, and the kismet controlling it all is removed. I'm stumped right now.

Comment

yeah that jumpad in the middle 1 time i land on the top of the tree
                  later i try it again and i get over the tree

Comment

It's meant to chuck you over the tree and with a bit of air control you can land on it - I think one side is easier than the other, I'll tweak it, thanks!

Actually is there a mutator that makes the jump pads work on the hoverboard and vehicles? That would be fun

Could someone please open the map in the editor and take a look to see if I'm missing something obvious for this flashing sky. It's driving me mad!!

Comment

Think I've found it! It wasn't a lighting issue, it was a material issue with my falling snow to do with Cosine. I'll cap it and all should be well!

Look for a final by end of tomorrow, though maybe tonight....

Comment

LOL. Turns out the "flashing" actually happen when a small "piece" of snow comes sideways (a sideways pan, can be a constant, cosine, anything) at the camera and clips through it! Removing all side panning fixes the issue. The snow isn't as good now, but there's nothing else I can about the issue.

Comment

maybe it not a big problem i test beta1 but i thit not see it or i am blind i neet too go too the eye docter

Comment

It's more one of those things that annoys me. I like to get things as good as I can within a realistic time frame.

So all now done! Though not tested as UT3 now crashes on (even after a fresh install) I'm pretty confident this is FINAL

Aggressive Alleys 3

XMAS FINAL now available.

Please go here:

http://forums.epicgames.com/showthre...3#post25342233

Thanks to everyone who helped

Comment

I love Christmas & I've always loved your versions of Aggressive Alleys, so if a PS3 version is still forthcoming, I'll definitely be looking forward to it

Comment

Working...
                              X