No announcement yet.

CTF-Sabr [Released]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, about the music, it is not mandatory that you change it again. IMO, the actual one is ok and since I'm the only one who have point that out, I don't think you need to bother with it anymore

Comment

man, i have to listen to this life eschewing music before i die,
      can't wait

Comment

awesome map!
        there is actually nothing to improve on this map, in my opinion, besides a few ammo pickups which are floating above the ground:
        -the linkgun ammo [both bases]
        -one of the two flak ammo pickups [both bases]
        -the minigun ammo, behind the base [both bases]
        -the biorifle ammo, next to the base [both bases]
        -the sniper ammo, next to the base [both bases]

btw: i love the hidden redeemer

just an idea: the transparent wall in the flagbase, maybe it is cool to make it like this that when you havent got the flag, you can walk through, but when you do have the flag, you cant anymore
        or that it only appears when the flag is taken

Comment

stevelois, yes I won't change it if nothing else satify me more. I checked DM-Worm, it's a simple ambient track and sounds nice;p

Coreper, thanks for pointed out the floating ammo problems. Didn't notice that before.
          About the transparent wall, it's the most tricky one to balance out the gameplay for it. My opinion is:
          - I need it to be transparent so that player can see through and get aware of if the flag is taken or not.
          - But it's a wall blocking shooting so that you can safely grab the flag without being ambushed, too much
          - Also it blocks player/translocator, so that you can't just shoot your translocator from distance to right at the flag and take it immediately

I found a few bugs, including a big one. This final release is planned on Monday I think.

Comment

Take note that the floating ammo is a common prob when placing them on rocks meshes.

It is caused by the default rocks collisions. You may try to play with the floating settings thought. But it isn't very friendly user...

TBH, I saw that but since I'm aware of that **** thing unless you do your own collisions, don't spend to much time working on that since it isn't related to your map specifically. I post that info since maybe you don't know that information & I don't want you to waste your time for nothing

Looking forward the next release

Comment

Thx! I made collision meshes for the rocks. And I tuned them to fix the floating bug for pickupbases before, just didn't think too much about the ammos.
              Right now I am struggling with a missing cached shader crash bug reported by my friend, which I still can't reproduce it on my own PC and I gonna re-install my UT3 to check up. That's pain in the ***.

Comment

check the BU thread, moonflyer....I mentioned he should try moving/deleting the cached shader .upk files from his /CookedPC folder, then try again.

Comment

I checked and normally it sees not a map bug. Finally we found the reason, it was simply his patience was not enough and dropped to zero before the poor cpu recompiled all the shader caches. The engine looked frozen so he thought that was a crash and ctrl+alt+del it.
                  Holyxxx, it took me almost a whole night to find it.

Comment

So that's great

Final should be soon then

Comment

Released:
                      http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...5#post25895655

Comment

The last changes:
                        - Created fall back materials
                        - Final tuning of sunlight
                        - Fixed blue flag base missing bug(this was big too)
                        - Tuned the floating ammo, now not that visible I think
                        - For PS3, a different material for that glass window, as PS3 can't render the previous one correctly

Thanks again to everyone!

Comment

Yippie !!! Final

Comment

thanks a bunch!

Comment

Working...
                            X