DM-BETA-Hanatake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-BETA-Hanatake

this is my first realeased map called hanatake its a azian styled village.
    dont be to harsh on me with your comments becouse its my first release

i made this map becouse i wanted to see how nice i could make a realtime reflection in water(WHAT REALTIME REFLECTION?!?!?!)

i have made this map ready for testing and i would like to see and fix bugs that you guys encounter testing it

i prefer the vivid posprocessing becouse it gives the best looking results

a preview video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cx0UA_EfCzU

if you want to copy or use anything from my map ask permission first: stefandinkeltje@gmail.com

Download: http://www.megaupload.com/nl/?d=NLDVAB9D

Screenshot:

how to intall:
    place the files in this location: mydocuments\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\Maps
    if the folder doesnt exist dont be scared to create it

Looks great! Downloading!

Comment

yup look really nice D/L

Comment

look good i gone try it

Comment

any bugs found yet?

Comment

Wow, your water refection is simply awesome.

FYI, the "default" profile provide the best visual experience. vivid & the other one I never remember boost contrast &/or brightness, which in either case, add distorsion & unecessary artifact in the image. Even the black color tone aren't accurate. Anyway, in the end, It's only a question of taste

I'm at work now, so I can't try it. But I'll play tonight & comments if I found something.

Look interesting but you can add more pics in your first post

Comment

I was able to play the map and it look promising

Still, there are things that IMO should be re-arrange & enhanced.

The map need more buildings &/or more levels, like making a second level, or towers in the corners, or even a underground that you could see the nice water from below,etc. There is plenty of solutions. Don't want to offense you but now it isn't very interesting.

Also, there is no point of putting the helmet so close to the sniper, The helmet should be at the opposite of the sniper & not just at 4 foots. TBH, the sniper don't fit in this map & putting 2 hitscan weapon at the same spot is not a good idea. You also have items in this room on the floor that are in the way and remove the flow. You will have more fun fights if you put the flak or the link or a powerup there instead of the sniper/stinger. Also, putting the flack in a wide open area like at the moment is not suggested. You better to go with the rocket launcher or the bio.

Take note that I can pass through the grills (don't know if it's the correct word, maybe grid ?) in the water.

Waiting the next release & I hope that help

Comment

ok i will be re aranging some stuff and make some more levels probably but first i need more ram becouse i just installed windows vista

thanks for the feedback

Comment

Might want to include more than 1 screenshot to give people an idea of what they're downloading. From the one screenshot you provided, it looks too bright.

-EJon

Comment

Originally posted by EpicJon View Post
                    Might want to include more than 1 screenshot to give people an idea of what they're downloading. From the one screenshot you provided, it looks too bright.

-EJon
                    ok i will put that on my todo list

Comment

it is a great game
                      nice that there finaly is a download for it!!

Comment

WOW that water totaly OWNS!!
                        can you tell me how you made it or what tutorial you used?

map looks good, but like the others said needs some Z fights.

Comment

wow water is Amazing !!!

I think I getting more love UT3 by this water !
                          thank you for make me love again UT3

Comment

Originally posted by ZixXer View Post
                            WOW that water totaly OWNS!!
                            can you tell me how you made it or what tutorial you used?

map looks good, but like the others said needs some Z fights.
                            I asked it on this forum and i got this answer, read this topic: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showth...ter+reflection
                            you should test out some diffrent things and you got yourself some nice water
                            BTW it eats like 15% more frames then normal water so you will need some good PC to play it

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                            I think I getting more love UT3 by this water !
                            thank you for make me love again UT3
                            no problem

Comment

This looks great! DL'in nao.

Comment

Working...
                              X