Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

very nice map, though there are a few bad points:
    -the bots dont know where to go when they are at the center node
    -this map includes way too much nodes, i suggest you simplify the layout and decrease the amount of nodes
    -the base is way to complex: 3 floors, hard to go from one to another, and you fall down very fast.. i suggest you make it two floors, easier to navigate in and maybe even possible to access with vehicles [making ramps so vehicles can ride up and down]
    -i like the dark theme, but a bit more color/lights/effect would be nice...

Comment

Thanks for the feedback!

Yeah, the bots do get stuck around the center node, need to work on that.

My intent with the core was to focus more on grounders and dm action, thus I wanted to eliminate most of the vehicle access to the core.

How to artistically add more color to the map is something I'm struggling with.

Comment

just a few colors would be nice, but i really like the dark theme, so you shouldnt make it too colorful

about the core: well, by focussing on the dm action, you make it rather hard to destroy the core [while attacking the core, you leave nodes unguarded]
        just think about it:P

Comment

Exactly the point. Instead of a mad rush to the core you have to balance your resources and perhaps only send in a few to hit the core while some stay back to protect the nodes. The base/core setup for UT2K4 map Arctic Stronghold wasn't all that different other than the core wasn't as elevated.

When playing competitively in 2K4, our team often had only a couple people that were designated to hit the cores, the rest would take up defensive positions around the nodes to hold them or have other duties.

Comment

but not very nice when you play with bots or low skill players....

maybe you could create something where the Scorpion, Manta and Viper only could ride across, so they only can enter the base...?

Comment

I know the airborne vehicles can get inside to attack the core, or at least sit outside of the base and shoot in through the back. I think the viper can get in there as well, not sure about the manta though with it's limited jump height.

Most of my other maps can be noob friendly with attacking the core from a distance. This one I paid a bit of attention to where the nodes were placed inside of structures and tried to eliminate more of the long distance shots on the nodes and encourage more up close attacks on them.

I see your point though.

Comment

i agree with you on the nodes: long distance node vulnerability definitly isnt nice [especially not while healing/building them]

i guess ill just wait and see what youve changed in the next version

Comment

The first post has been updated with the link to the latest build. The theme of the map is the same but A LOT of detail work has been done along with reworking the nodes. Oh yeah, and the orb has been added.

Comment

nice!
                    downloading now! RC 2a

Comment

Let me know what you think Coreper.

Comment

i just had an extensive test run, and:
                        WOW!!!!!
                        some awesome improvements you made dude!!!
                        its so much better now!
                        im amazed by the perfect botpathing :O:O:O!! >> i went along with three bots [tank, darkwalker, and one on foot] to the nodes, and we conquered them all!!!
                        this map is just freaking awesome!!
                        in my opinion its pretty much perfect

Comment

Wow, I guess I can't get a better review than that. Thanks for the input.

Comment

Working...
                          X