• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Iridi

Name:Iridi
    Version:Final
    Compatibility:PC
    Description:Mostly Axon vehicles with some Necris at the center nodes.
    Comments:Storyline: In this ancient valley a long lost civilization colonized and built temples to their Iridi god who was believed to make the iridi crystals grow of which they would harvest. These crystals were used by their priests in invoke visions of the future. Was it their visions of the use of this valley as a bloody battleground that forced them to leave? Do you dare to tempt the anger of the Iridi god?
    Credits:Thanks all the guys at the once popular ZeroFrag who tested and provided me with input on this map.
    Download PC:http://www.dogsofwarusa.com/dow/b1gd...DogUT3Maps.zip

Looks different from the original version. Have u updated this recently? Either way this map is incredible and if anybody wants to test this on a dedicated server check out the server link in my sig. thx again bigdog and speaking of signatures, yours is starting to look real serious. I encourage anybody if they haven't already to check out this mans maps!! there unbelievable!!!!

Comment

Thanks Nootsac! Yeah, this map has undergone extensive updates since it's first release.

Comment

Don't know the original map (if there's even one) but i liked very much these screens...i liked that "mystic" feel. Downloading right now

Comment

The first version of this map was a very limited release, it was my first map and I didn't do to well the first time around. It's been sitting around for about a year now so I figured I'd rework it and release it for real this time. Let me know what you think Staward.

Comment

we played a few rounds of ArchCliffs and Iridi tonight, very nice maps

the only issue I found was in Iridi there was a "hole" in some of the rocks where they werent sunk into the terrain enough:

I couldnt go into it or anything, just a visual flaw..

Comment

Yikes! Stuff like that bugs me. Thanks for finding it.

Comment

Very nice and exellent map BigDog!

It feels a bit like a big Artic Stronghold map with a different node layout (i really like this kind of layout that give to both teams many possiblities to strike back).
                I just tested it very quickly, i like the necris center node, mix of necris-axon vehicles are IMO better than axon vs necris maps (which can be cool too).

I will give you more comments next weekend normally

Comment

I liked it very much...The only thing that bugs me is the massive size of the map, sometimes i spent much time running around from node to node and don't find anyone. Not much of a big deal, just adding some bots may be good enough . Anyways, great map, graphically speaking

Comment

Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah, it is a large map, sometimes I think it's way to large. I hoped to offset that by including a good vehicle count on the map, but if you still get stuck on foot your pretty much screwed.

Comment

Just played Iridi-RC1 online yesterday and it was good!
                      First, i thought that map scale was a little too big, but as you said BigDog, vehicles are there and you can go quickly to the nodes indeed and vehicle layout seems to be very good, GG

Just few things need to be corrected:

- Pillars at the blue prime: all the litlle pillars need blocking volume

- Wierd zone with little blocking volumes? near teleporter and weapon spawner:

- Bridge: Be careful to the limit of bridge terrain and textures/volumes (flying on or going throught bridge textures)

I think this map must be a blast in 16v16 \o/, very good work!

Comment

I found a problem with the red base upper level structure while playing online. While on blue, I jumped onto the roof of the red core building, dumped my ready to explode raptor. Then from the roof, I attempted to jump down onto the ledge in order to enter the core area and shot it. Instead, I jumped into the wall. While in the wall I could see the red core, but was not able to shoot it as the wall blocked the weapons fire. I was stuck and unable to move so I had to suicide out..

Comment

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll take a look at the problem oldkawman, and Tenebre, yeah, that bridge needs work bad. I was hoping to go for an all natural look but may have to end up doing something else entirely. As of late I've been busy polishing up my maps to be released with the ONS 2.0 mod so Iridi has taken a bit of a back seat.

Comment

original maps are always a good thing too

Comment

Oh no. You mean I've got to have this one ready too?

Comment

Working...
                              X