Final

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by danjw_net View Post
    Because people asked for it...
    I need 500$, can you please give it to me

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I don't see the point of adding music if you don't care about it ???
    Because people asked for it.

I have the final all packed up but i'm having trouble cooking the ps3 version. It looks like it's hanging.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    There are great maps that don't use music & only ambient sounds.

I don't see the point of adding music if you don't care about it ???

The only thing that it does for those who, like me, play with the music on, is found that it doesn't fit & is more annoying than appreciated.

But anyway, your the boss

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Well, personaly I don't like any of the music avalible. I put in music because people asked for it and since I play with the music off, it doesn't affect me to put it in there.
    meh.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If there's a different music that would work better please suggest it. I play with the music turned off so I never even hear it myself. I don't know how (or if it's possible) to lower the volume of the music.
    Well, you already have a background noise. I suggest simply to use that or add another one so the 2 mixed together will provide a better experience.

For the volume control, you can set it in your sound cue in your "volume multiplier" option.

But, if your playing without music & the backgroug noise is enough satisfying for you, you should set it that way, don't forget that your the map must reflect your taste & not our...

As for me, I like plenty of music style. For my first map, you can expect trance/techo music since my theme is futuristic & I 100% won't change it. But, if you like ambient sounds, I put plenty of them

Leave a comment:

• replied
    If there's a different music that would work better please suggest it. I play with the music turned off so I never even hear it myself. I don't know how (or if it's possible) to lower the volume of the music.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Just played B6 & I can see that you improve the map a lot

I like almost everything in it.

First thing that I don't like is that you put the 2 sniper ammo just beside the sniper. That encourage the player to stay there instead of moving. Also, you have a lot of health just beside the sniper (already point that out in my previous post). So, if I'm very skillful with that weapon, I just camp there & move a tiny bit to get some health if I got damage. I suggest that you move the ammo from there. The weapon spot is IMO a great one but the ammo aren't at there place & you have plenty of spot to put them.

Second, the background noise is very suitable but not the music IMO. I hear that track to many time & TBH, it doesn't fit very well with the theme. I would only leave the actual noise & remove the music or replace it with another low noise.

Lastly, the bloom is a bit to high, I already comment about that but anyway, it'S only a question of taste

Except these, this map is great

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I have make a round on the B6 version, really good improvements on it
    This map is really fun to play, the flack place is gore as I like !
    And the ambience feeling on it is very creepy, I like it.

I wait the final, good work

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I swapped out one of the lower flak ammos for a stinger ammo so now the path between the udamage and stinger has 2 flak, 2 stinger, one shock and one bio ammo.

I may have fixed the issue with the bots getting stuck. I watched a game and they still came over that spot but this time jumped it and continued on rather than getting stuck.
    I'm going to watch a few more rounds to make sure.

I'm going to check over the map to make sure I'm not forgetting anything and hopefully have a final release tonight or tomorrow.
    Sounds good. Bots have a wider path in which they will travel. They tend to move side to side more. I bet they are just getting hung up ont the sharp direction change.

Looking forward to the final.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Ok, I swapped out one of the lower flak ammos for a stinger ammo so now the path between the udamage and stinger has 2 flak, 2 stinger, one shock and one bio ammo.

I may have fixed the issue with the bots getting stuck. I watched a game and they still came over that spot but this time jumped it and continued on rather than getting stuck.
    I'm going to watch a few more rounds to make sure.

I'm going to check over the map to make sure I'm not forgetting anything and hopefully have a final release tonight or tomorrow.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Also, I saw a bot get stuck on the left wooden ramp (that leads to vest armor).
    Dang, I was hoping I had fixed that.
    That's one I can't figure out, I don't know why they want to follow that path and I can't figure out how to force them to turn that corner rather than try to clip the edge.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I really like the new position of the flak. It makes the 2 most powerful weapons on the opposite side of the map and gives players/bots a better reason to go over there. I actually spent an "equal" amount of time on both sides of the map this time.

Having 3 flak ammos on the lower level (below the Udamage) is a bit much. I would replace one (where there are 2 right next to each other). Also, I saw a bot get stuck on the left wooden ramp (that leads to vest armor).

The bots may not go for the vest because it could be considered a "dead end" and having to jump down may be too risky. I have a vest in my new map that's in a similar position and it doesn't get used much by the bots.

I like how you put more items along the "sniper's ridge". If you want bots to use it, put a link gun over there. I bet they will go for that as they are link whores.

Over all, I really like the map and think it's in very good shape.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    BETA 6
    I moved the flak under the wooden ramp that leads to the stinger. This seems like a good change I'm not realy sure.
    move the flak ammo from the bridge down to the lower level under the udamage.

Spent some time watching bot matches and I noticed that they never go for the vest. and rarely for the sniper. Not sure if that's just cause they're stupid or not.

Also changed the description, tell what you think of it.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X