DM-Rocks and Shoals Moved to final!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Update,
    I switched the sheild for the udamage and done alot of work on the seams.
    Still got quite a bit more to go but progress it being made.

And one fun shot just cause everyone likes blood splater.

Also, I've started moving some of the meshes over the map file and removing them from the package. Not sure how far I'll get but i'll get as much moved over as I can.

Comment

New version!(updated beta 5)
      Ok so beta 4 has the u damage in place of the belt, the flak and link switched,
      It's also a hair darker, with numerous collision fixes.
      I think the only seams I have left to fix are on the area that leads to the vest, if you spot any others please post them.

And some screenshots just for good measure

Comment

Happy to see that you implement some of my last suggestions

Sadly, the amount of bloom is to much for me. I was mentionning in my last comments that it was already to much and you add more. So, it is no use bothering downloading this version but still I'm happy that you made some changes that others will surely appreciate

Keep it up

Comment

Personally, I like the bloom. I was talking about adding more to the scene earlier, however the changes are great. Looking forward to the final release!

Comment

I didn't touch the bloom. I did lower the ambient light, maybe that did it but the post proccessing settings have not changed.

Comment

Well then, modifying the ambient light does affect the bloom as I can see since now it is more blurry than before.

But anyway, as mentioned, others like "Kaburan31" appreciate more the changes

Comment

Little update, I lowered the bloom just a hair and have fixed up all the seams(I think).
                I've also moved all the meshes from the external package into the map. So now the only thing in the package are materials and textures. I'll probably move the textures over if I have time but the materials are used in too many places for it to be worth moving those.
                so... yeah.
                I've spent a bit of time watching bot matches and fine tuning the pathing so they are less stupid.

The only thing I have left is a few aesthetic things and a few little tweeks. However, I'm moving to a new appartment this week so I won't be able to do much but i'm hoping I can get this final before christmas.

Thanks so much for yalls help. And keep the sugestions coming, even after it's final, it never hurts to hear some one else's perspective on it.

Comment

Originally posted by danjw_net View Post
                  I've also moved all the meshes from the external package into the map. So now the only thing in the package are materials and textures. I'll probably move the textures over if I have time but the materials are used in too many places for it to be worth moving those.
                  If you moved all of the meshes, it only makes sense to finish the rest. If you have a material (the wood for example), that is used in a lot of your meshes, once you move the textures/material that make up the wood, you only need to update the static meshes (in the sm editor) in your map file once. All of the meshes in your actaul map, will be updated.

*Odedge uses a jedi mind trick on danjw_net*

"You will move the rest of your content to the map file..."

Comment

Well the trick is, it's not just my meshes. I'm using custom materials on almost all epic meshes in the map so I'd have to individualy edit each one to update it to the correct material. Atleast a third of the map is epic's meshes.
                    I've been working on this for almost a year and I'm ready for it to be done.
                    After I get everything polished and to the point that I'm ready to call it finished I'll consider taking the time to do that but for now i'm going to leave it.

Comment

Try to put the rest of your content on the map package, otherwise all the work and efforts you have done to put just your staticmeshes on the map package will have been useless...But I can understand it's a really boring task.

Comment

Originally posted by SEBASTIEN-NOVA View Post
                        Try to put the rest of your content on the map package, otherwise all the work and efforts you have done to put just your staticmeshes on the map package will have been useless...But I can understand it's a really boring task.
                        I second that on both points. If you want, I will rename the materials for you?

Comment

Thanks guy's point taken.
                          But the effort of moving the meshes is not completely lost since they will not be duplicated in cooking and therefore the only redundant files will be the materials.

However, LIke I said, for right now I'm simply going to focus on finishing and poishing the map. I'll worry about the external package later.

[edit]Oh, I forgot to ask, The terrain, I pointed out earlier about screens that someone posted, the terrain texture was appearing wrong.
                          Is that still a problem in the latest version? Anyone else experiencing this? Does the terrain match my screenshots for you?

Comment

Hey, an important question for yall, I'm trying to remove the materials but they're still being referenced somewhere but I don't know where.
                            Clicking "show referencers" says it's being used on "transient.staticmeshcomponent_334"

I can't figure out what mesh that is.
                            How can I find it besides individualy searching more than 500 meshes?

Comment

On the top toolbar, in the middle, is a button that has a binocular on it. Select that and type in "StaticMeshActor_334

Comment

In the top of the editor, there is a button with binoculars on it. Select that and type "StaticMeshActor_334", then double click on it down below.

Comment

Working...
                                X