Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WAR-AtomicHigh [Pics] [BETA] [custom sound and textures] [really NASTY SUPRISE!xD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-AtomicHigh [Pics] [BETA] [custom sound and textures] [really NASTY SUPRISE!xD]

Name:WAR-MJ-AtomicHigh-BETA9
    Version: Beta, number 9
    Compatibility: PC, patch 1.3. Final version will be avaible for PS3
    Description: It is the Hyperion City
    Comments: I am waiting for them
    Screenshot:

Credits:
    Homepage:
    Download:http://files.filefront.com/WAR+MJ+At.../fileinfo.html

Hello. This is the BETA version of my latest map, formely known as the WAR-Skyland. Firstly I want to thank all players, who helped me with testing this map: Chazoom, Blockhead, Fragtastic, Odedge and the GOW's clan team. You really helped me!
    Whats new? A lot of stuff:
    -moving turrets
    -new layout
    -SMALLER LAG
    -and a really nasty suprise...
    If you want to see it, go after 50 sec. of playing to the center of the map (outdoor) and watch the sky. You will see....
    Just try it out

I really enjoyed playing on skylands with our matrix mods. It was a little big to play on without mods so Ill be sure to ckeck this beast out. It looks good from the pics. thx for the post!

Comment

I really need your help. What should I change etc. etc....

Comment

I gave it a quick try.

I like the look of the map, but it's a bit of a maze. There's too many different paths/corridoors/passages/routes etc.
        It took me over 5 minutes to find the Prime Node! (no joke), and I never found the Teleporter that takes you to the "Armour Greenhouse" above the prime node (I looked for about 10 minutes and eventually gave up). I think you should replace some of the winding ramps with more lifts/jumpads/teleporters. Also the lifts that are already in the level need some textures on them as they are just plain black at the moment.

So I think you need to simplify the layout a little, to make it a bit more "user-friendly"

The "suprise" made me lol the first time, but after that it just got annoying. It's too OTT, and causes huge FPS drops. You could make its damage radius smaller so that it only affects the centre road area, or you could change it so that it is only triggered when 1 team controls all 4 of the unlinked nodes, and instead of hitting the centre, it hits the other team's core (just a suggestion).

I think the map has potential, but I don't think it will be very popular (if you can call any Custom maps popular!) if you leave it as it is now.

Comment

hmm....

I dont think that there are too many paths... for example Downtown has much more hidden routes... but if other players
          say so, I will change it.

The armour greenhouse is a hidden place. The teleporter is an exit, not entrance. You will not find its entry in a normal way...

The lifts have textures, but they need just dynamic lighting... it will be fixed.

I will lower the "level" of the suprise, in the newest version it affects only center road as you said. Per how many minutes it should happen? Now its per 5 minutes... One more thing: when you see it, FPSes are the smallest of your problems. I've added also postprocess volumes... when suprise is coming everything changes colour to necris style.

Comment

Originally posted by MJpoland View Post
            I dont think that there are too many paths... for example Downtown has much more hidden routes... but if other players
            say so, I will change it.
            Well maybe not, but remember that you made the map so you know the layout like the back of your hand , whereas I was playing it for the first time and I thought it wasn't always obvious which way you were supposed to go. Definitely more confusing than the first time I played Downtown anyway

The armour greenhouse is a hidden place. The teleporter is an exit, not entrance. You will not find its entry in a normal way...
            Yeah i've found it now, very sneaky!

I will lower the "level" of the suprise, in the newest version it affects only center road as you said. Per how many minutes it should happen? Now its per 5 minutes... One more thing: when you see it, FPSes are the smallest of your problems. I've added also postprocess volumes... when suprise is coming everything changes colour to necris style.
            Once every 5 minutes seems about right. You can see the "suprise" happening from quite a few places in the map so it affects the FPS if you are looking at it when it is happening, not really a big deal though.

One more thing I think you should change is to make the nodes that start already controlled into "Spur Nodes". That way the losing team will always have a node that the other team can't control, which will give them more chance at a comeback (especially since there are no vehicles at the base). See pic below if you're not sure what i mean:

Comment

hmmm... really good idea. I will change node setup as you want.

Btw, congratulations. Only one player before you in past beta versions has discovered that entrance

Comment

Working...
              X