Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

ONS-Terra Sirenum beta8 [pc download]

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ONS-Terra Sirenum beta8 [pc download]

created by Nomadicus and Sanch3z
    beta 8
    patch 1.3
    pc, ps3 coming soon
    story: Terra Sirenum is a large region in the southern hemisphere of the planet Mars notable for massive cratering including the large Newton Crater.
    Comments: this map is heavily based on UT2k4 ONS-Ascendency
    Credits: thanks to Nathillian for the original ONS-Ascendency. GOW Nootsac and PacerX, CaptainSnarf, T5k, GOW, and everyone else who are helping play test this..

notes:

*recommended player count 12-32

*versions with and without orb also a special node link setup for the ONS 2.0 gametype. ONS 2.0 is currently a work in progress.

[shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/3.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y24/d1rtysanch3z/2.jpg[/shot]

Download pc version: http://www.mediafire.com/?cimghgz4zyx

\o/ Downloading now, but mediafire is very slow today...
    Feedbacks for tonight

EDIT: Impossible to download the map via mediafire, it seems my internet provider has some trouble with mediafire...

Comment

The "With Orb" version is missing a Blue Powercore:
      [shot]http://i34.tinypic.com/244xjeh.jpg[/shot]

Apart from that though it seems like a very good map, I couldn't see any other obvious issues

Comment

How's this map coming along Sanch3z? Are we gonna see a final soon?

Comment

so many projects, so little time... here is my current schedule in order of priority:

ONS 2.0, priority one
          WAR-Dawn Revisited final version within a week
          WAR-Too Dark Park final within 2 weeks
          WAR-Alien Sands SE RC1 within a month
          WAR-Terra Sirenum final more than a month
          WAR-Year Zero MSU phase 3, first beta in February or March
          WAR-Devils Night SE RC1 (non halloween version) ? not a priority but may come out at anytime.
          WAR-Downtown ?, an improved version of the stock map possibly aimed at comp play, not a priority but may come out at anytime.

Comment

Haved a little bug with this map since 2 or 3 versions.
            I try the last (i think) the beta 8.
            Is better than MSUC version, but i have always a little "lag" by moment (in offline).
            The game block a split second.

That do it just for this map for me. In vehicules or not during all the rounds.
            I erase all old versions and it's same. I don't remember that do that before the msuc version.

i can play normally, but is little embarrassing. And i have enough ram (4giga) so i don't know why.

Comment

Can you describe the bug you're having in different terms? Perhaps with more detail? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

Comment

this map should get some play testing tomorrow in an crowded online environment. if any bugs are found I will fix them by next version. Thanks for all the feedback lately Sbouby.

Comment

Ok i wait for a new version.
                  Well in fact is really hard to me to explain you well with my poor english lol ^^

Specially if i'm the one who have this little "bug". Next time i try with a vidéo also
                  Well this really a good map anyway

Comment

Pre-post disclaimer - all comments are based on, usually, a single match on your map. I've been playing a few maps a night this week, and posting my brief comments for every one of those maps.

Terra-Sirenum

Brilliant map. Large, but plenty of action. One of my favourite user maps. I've not had a bad game on this one - I've played it quite a few times If I'm nitpicking, I'd say the blowing sand effect outside could be worked on. But really, that's not important. Great visuals, brilliant map. Thanks

Comment

thank you Chainsaw. You will be glad to hear that the blowing sand will not be in future versions.

Comment

I'm not saying remove the sand mate, maybe just a different implementation. I like the idea behind it, and it makes the level more alive Maybe it can roll a little more over the terrain and fade on meshes better?

Comment

I'm not happy with the blowing dust/sand particle effects in UT3, at least when it comes to the effect I was going for in this map. I've tried editing the particles but could find no good result and I havent seen particles in any other map that created this effect properly. I liked the idea behind it too but since its not going to work I have removed them.

Comment

You're far more experienced at this than I, but please check out what I done in my AggressiveAlleys3-HOT map. I have a particle system for a blowing sand type of effect. It's not amazing, but I think it's pretty good - a decent material, and the particle effect looks like it's rolling a little. The particle is scaled up, probably too much in my map TBH. I played around a little with it, getting them aimed in the right direction, until it looked OK.

I'm not saying my particular system is any better than yours, but I think it may be worth a go to see if it looks any good in your map. The particles you're currently using give a kind of "blanket" effect, maybe a few well placed particle emitters with my "rolling" template and the right direction and particle life time would give the illusion of following the terrain, maybe cascading down the peaks?

Comment

Working...
                            X