X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentinel Pyrotechnics [Pics]

Name: Sentinel Pyrotechnics

Version: 1.0 beta 1

Compatibility: Requires Sentinel 1.0 beta 10 (hopefully will remain forwards-compatible too)

Description: Turns Sentinels from death-dealing machines into harmless pyrotechnic displays. Ideal for a variety of events such as Guy Fawkes Night and New Year's Eve.

Comments: I made this for tomorrow's celebration of Guy Fawkes very nearly managing to rid us of the government. It is suitable for any event where fireworks are traditionally used though.

Screenshot:

Homepage: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/u...lpyrotechnics/

Download: SentinelPyrotechnics_v1.0beta1.zip (135KB)

Source code: SentinelPyrotechnics_v1.0beta1_source.zip (10KB)

That's pretty neat. Although I can't seem to get more than 3 sentinels in game with this. Tried configureing it to 16 allowed 16 difference per team.

Comment

I made this for tomorrow's celebration of Guy Fawkes very nearly managing to rid us of the government.
      If only he had succeded, we'd be free from this recession bs.

Anyways, thx Mr Evil, this is great!!!

Comment

wow very nice !

I love it ! thank you !

Comment

Anyone managesd to summon more than 3 sentinels or is it just me, looks like MR Evil has a lot more there. I wanna fill the sky...I love the how you can change the angle. Is it also possible to give the fireworks a "fuse". In other words how long it takes for them to explode after leaving the sentenel

Comment

looks great, thx man..............

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
              That's pretty neat. Although I can't seem to get more than 3 sentinels in game with this. Tried configureing it to 16 allowed 16 difference per team.
              You configured that via the menu, yes? Did you try going back into the menu to see if the settings had stuck? Does it limit you to 3 in both DM and team games?

Comment

I'll try this on an open map but it works on a less open one though it takes a bit of getting used to.

Yup works fine.

Comment

That's really neat, gonna finally have to download those sentinels now.

Comment

Be hilarious if some noob went an bought this instead of a gun, "Hey man my firework gun is gonna own you so hard" LOL

Comment

celebrate for new president !

Comment

I tried to get screenshots on a map I knew well and knew had no places anyone could stuff the things out of sight.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...nShot00002.jpg

Loque looks very umimpressed.

Comment

I uploaded the source code for anyone interested.

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post

DM-NightInThePark? There is a definite lack of large maps set at night in UT3. No standard maps and only a few custom maps like that.

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                          I tried to get screenshots on a map I knew well and knew had no places anyone could stuff the things out of sight.

http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d1...nShot00002.jpg

Loque looks very umimpressed.
                          I don't recognise that map. It looks like framerate smoothing may have trimmed some of the effects there - I should have forced the effects to always be drawn.

Comment

Working...
                          X