X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WTree

Name: WTree for UT3
    Version:1.0

I Wrote my own tree system. Its looking like speedtree but it isn't Speed Tree!

Great! Isn't it?

Its easy to use! Here are the properties:

Here is the Download!
    http://www.moddb.com/mods/tre-the-sp...ds/wtreeforut3

there is another thread in the Ideas section. Can anyone delete it?

Great, but your link is messed up. Btw. can I has some palm trees?

Comment

hm... the server is down
      Look here http://www.moddb.com/mods/tre-the-spreading

Edit: Ok! I fixed the problem. Now you can download it

Comment

Boo, why it has only texture for leafs, this means no shaders, no easy color variation, no effects on leafs at all. With your tree script I would lose effects for leafs and gain possibility to use some animations, this does not pay off.

Edit:
        If you are going to implement material for leafs, here is idea i just had: instanced materials for leafs with possibility to add variation of parameters (just like distribution in emitters). Would be nice way to make random changes to trees. If you add "randseed" field to setup randomgenerator at start, it will always generate same random numbers for all trees, so they will always be same (from one map load to another).

Comment

Heja [WuTz]!
          Nice to see ya here! Tree looks very promising and Im sure you made a good work. Greetz to unrealer2 and good luck with your mod.
          Cya

Comment

Wow awesome job dude!

Comment

I coded WTrees with material support. But they are coming with Tre2 I Used SM planes there.

Would be nice way to make random changes to trees.
              If you create more than one Leaf types, they will be mixed Try this

Boo, why it has only texture for leafs, this means no shaders, no easy color variation, no effects on leafs at all
              Sprites CAN'T use mats. This one Leaf is copied from Speed tree. I'm a coder. And coders aren't very good in making textures. You can make your own Leaf Textures. Check the tickbox "Alpha to masked" in the import window. perhaps I make a TreePack. But im not so good in making leafs

@Cosmix: Hi!

Comment

Cool, with material support WTREES will be useful.

And does it have WindActor support? I know I am demanding all things that Epic screwed with their SpeedTrees, but I am tired of stuff in editor that does not quite meet what is needed. They made wind on per tree basis, while there is cool wind actor but that works only for foliage volumes. Would be awesome to have one global (tree)wind place to setup all windy waves.

Comment

Two things:

1. AWESOME WORK. I'm glad to see someone genuinely trying to improve the UT3 community. I know that this stuff isn't easy.

2. I agree that it needs some work. Adding support for materials (even if that means using static-mesh plains instead of sprites) would make a huge difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Cosmix View Post
                    Heja [WuTz]!
                    Nice to see ya here! Tree looks very promising and Im sure you made a good work. Greetz to unrealer2 and good luck with your mod.
                    Cya
                    Thank you

I'm using already the new WTrees with materials but with an unlit material. If I used an lighted material i would need some dynamic lights for each tree. In the background of the modmap i'm still using the first version of WTree with sprites, becaus they need much less perfomance

Greets

Comment

I added LeafRotSourceTag to the WTree v2.(Only available in Tre2). With this feature you can use a Mover as "Wind Source". When we are finished with Tre2 I going to make WTrees with SM planes as a Multiplayer Edition So you have to wait If we make WTreeII Downloadable now, it wouldn't a Special in Tre2.

@Unrealer2: Can you post some shots?

Comment

Wow, I tried making this sorta stuff without code (a tree mesh with a particle clump as leaves). Looked decent, but this might be more useful.

Once this is in working order for finalized versions, I'll be sure to use this one. Many thanks for taking on this project!

Comment

Originally posted by musilowski View Post
                          Wow, I tried making this sorta stuff without code (a tree mesh with a particle clump as leaves). Looked decent, but this might be more useful.
                          I tried it on the same way but the performane was very bad in comparsion to a SpeedTree

Here some shots of WTree II...

Comment

Any news on the progress?

Comment

No. you have to wait for Tre2 (Unrealer2's signature=Tre1) I think we Tre - The Spreading at Christmas But I have a Question:

Whats about Scripted Textures? Can I assign them to a Sprite? If Yes, WTree2 would have much more FPS

Comment

Working...
                              X