Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.beyondunreal.com/view_story.php?id=12466
    See under "Maplists".

Lol, it looks like Epic might have learnt something from you sinx!

Comment

Ok, I'm looking to gauge how many people out there are interested in seeing MM updated for the new 2.0 UT3 Patch?

Motivation is a little on the downside at the moment, as I burnt myself out a bit last year with the whole project but I've started casually taking a look at adjusting the colour scheme of MM to better suite the new colour scheme of the new patch (minus the new 'carbine fibre' texture which IMHO looks odd [that's a euphemism]).

I'm just not sure how many people are actually interested in UT3 and MM these days and if I can get an idea on how many people are actually interested in seeing MM updated for Patch 2.0, then it might help spur me on a bit.

Thanks for everyone's encouragement - I appreciate it. I'm just not sure if it's worth my while anymore putting all this effort into releasing something that a handful of people play.

Stormrider...

I purposely put my MM announcer sounds outside of any queue, as it's far more important to me that they announce on time. This does mean a clash of sounds at times but it's just something I live with at the moment.

As for the Map Preview in the Map List, I'd refer you to this thread and note the keyboard shortcuts.

At the end of a Quick Match, simply press the key bound to the Quick Match Menu and start your next match. This is done all in-game and does not require you to Exit to the Main Menu!

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
        Ok, I'm looking to gauge how many people out there are interested in seeing MM updated for the new 2.0 UT3 Patch?
        Count me as one of them. Too useful to be without.

Comment

I would really like to see MM being updated for patch 2.0 when it comes out.

Comment

I very much would like it too.

Comment

I have a two part answer...

First, if you need to update MM to actually function with 2.0, then I would say a big resounding "YES", I am interested. As I have stated, right behind custom maps, MapMixer makes the game worth playing in the long run.

If it's just a matter of the visuals matching, I doesn't matter to me that much as functionality is more important than form, but it would be nice for it to "match".

Comment

I use mapmixer, and I love it. If it doesn't work with the new patch, I may very well not get the patch. So, yes, if it doesn't work, please please please do an update. If it's just an aesthetic matter, don't put time into it. You've done way more than your share already. Thanks!

Comment

Well MM is Ace - please keep it functional for the update

Comment

Sinx,
                    You have many loyal users of mapmixer. Once you have used MM, It's almost impossible to return to the vanilla UT3.
                    For example, just compare the bot section. Ut3 really doesn't have one. All it offers is determining what bots are active. That's it!! I really need the ability to assign specific bots to specific sides.
                    I haven't noticed anything not working with MM with UT3 2.0 other that some missing backgrounds that need the carbon fiber treatment and some of the bot preview pics do not show up on the main menu.
                    Please consider a brief update fix. We need it. You can't let all of your hard work become obsolete!
                    Oh, also the UTEngine.ini now renames the following line to LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut33.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                      First, if you need to update MM to actually function with 2.0, then I would say a big resounding "YES", I am interested.

If it's just a matter of the visuals matching, I doesn't matter to me that much as functionality is more important than form, but it would be nice for it to "match".
                      ^^ What he said.

Comment

I believe there are a great majority that share the same perspective as I do regarding MapMixer and that is the fact that it transformed UT3 from just A game to THE game. In other words MM elevated UT3 to a whole new level.

Comment

FYI,
                          The achievements seem to show up in MM as this is one of the UT3 screens MM uses.
                          So, I don't think you need to choose between Steam or MM. You can have both.

By the way, If you have not Steamed your retail UT3, you should consider doing it.

Comment

Map mixer makes UT3 playable and intesting.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's response.

I've now started updating the colour scheme in the MM menus to better fit in with the new hues.

I'm also modifying the Main Menu screen (ie the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini file) so it too fits in better with the new colour scheme.

I'll probably also fix a couple of small bugs and apparently Epic have finally implemented the Clear Config functions (finally!!), so I'll be able to rip out my work around for this and have it deleting sections from ini files (as per MM v1.xx and 2.xx).

I'll probably make this update available after UT3 Patch 2.0 is released publicly, as MM 3.0 Beta 2.

Comment

Great news.

Now if Epic would just allow Awards to be gotten with MM active...

Comment

Working...
                                X