MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
    This amazing tool is the best! Thank u sinx! MapMixer UI is much better that original in UT3. Epic Games should hire you quickly! :P
    I just have got a little 'problem'- how to configure mapmixer to always display maps in Launch/Quick Match in Thumbnail Size1, not List mode? Is it possible to change it in ini files? How and where?
    I asked this too, but sinx said it could cause some issues for some computers to display the thumbnails every time you start MM. I still think it would be nice to have to the option though.

Comment

Originally posted by FreEp View Post
      This amazing tool is the best! Thank u sinx! MapMixer UI is much better that original in UT3. Epic Games should hire you quickly! :P
      I just have got a little 'problem'- how to configure mapmixer to always display maps in Launch/Quick Match in Thumbnail Size1, not List mode? Is it possible to change it in ini files? How and where?
      Thanks.

Have a look at this thread for more info on the Map Preview defaults.

Comment

Originally posted by brdempsey69 View Post
        Hi TimbreWolf,

If you are still having a problem switching maps on your LAN server, this may be of help to you.

To switch maps, I do believe you have to be logged in as the Server Admin on your LAN server. You can set up an Admin password by opening the UTGame.ini file on your server and look for this header:

[Engine.AccessControl]

If you haven't done it already, manually type this line under the header:

AdminPassword= <--whatever password you want

Then set your server name and MOTD to what you want & click File>Save.

Start your server and go to your Client computer and connect to your server. Hit the Z key and under the Login section type your Server name and admin password and hit the Save button.

If all went well you will be automatically logged in as the Server Admin every time you connect to your server & the Maps lists should appear when you hit your Z key, and you can switch maps whenever you want.

Hope this helps.
        Thanks for the advise. I think I tried doing this before (before using MM) without success, but I'll have another go.

Originally posted by sinx View Post
        Setting the Admin Password can be done using the MapMixer Server Administration Lists Menu. See: Setup Tab->Server Admin. No need to edit ini files!

When you're in-game. Hit your Client Menu key (z default) and go to the 'Login' Tab. Click on the '?' button and then type the Admin Password, then click on save. Now you will automatically be logged in as an Admin for each match on that server name.

There are two ways to switch maps in-game, which both require you to be logged in as an Admin IF the game is in a server-client context.
        1. Open the Client Menu and the Maps Tab will allow you to see the entire Session Map List. Also, if you are using Manual Map Source Switching, then you'll see a combobox for the Map Sources.
        2. Use console commands, which can obviously be bound to keys (see Client Menu->Keys) for navigating the map list and switching maps.

The mapmixer client menu is actually the console command 'mutate mapmixer clientmenu', so if you are having trouble opening the menu then try entering that at the console, then go to the Keys Tab and set it up correctly.
        That sounds straight forward enough. Thank you.

Comment

I just wanted to say that... This is the best mod I ever seen in UT3.
          Thanks Sinx!

Comment

Hey sinx - Just to say I got the admin login and map switch working fine now - much quicker and easier then messing about in ini files!

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappi_man View Post
              I just wanted to say that... This is the best mod I ever seen in UT3.
              Thanks Sinx!
              Thank you and your welcome.

Originally posted by TimbreWolf View Post
              Hey sinx - Just to say I got the admin login and map switch working fine now - much quicker and easier then messing about in ini files!

Thanks.
              Glad to hear.

...When I get some time, I'll go through my list of small issues with Beta 1 and take it to Final.

Comment

...When I get some time, I'll go through my list of small issues with Beta 1 and take it to Final.
                Definitely keeping my eyes peeled on this. Too useful and too good to be without.

Comment

Now with the patch comeing up and things do we know if mapmixer still works?

Comment

As far as the UI goes, I've created a fair bit of the internals myself, so that part should still be fine. As for the rest, only time will tell. MapMixer contains a fair amount of work-arounds for the game, so if any of the new features break these work-arounds then there could be trouble. Let's hope it's not too much work, as I've lost a bit of motivation in recent times.

Comment

As far as the UI goes, I've created a fair bit of the internals myself, so that part should still be fine. As for the rest, only time will tell. MapMixer contains a fair amount of work-arounds for the game, so if any of the new features break these work-arounds then there could be trouble. Let's hope it's not too much work, as I've lost a bit of motivation in recent times.
                      If you can change your current main menu theme to the new one (The irony...), you got yourself one sexy UI

Comment

Hi. I don't know why but I cannot log in the Oceania Mapmixer forums, so I'll post this here.

I'm using MapMixer 3.00 beta 1 and I've found what could be a bug. When I do a first blood I can hear the sound sample at the same time than Taking the lead, so the result is something like tak... erst blood. Disabling the Mapmixer announcer from the menu this is fixed. However, it would be nice if I could have both announcers but with this issue fixed. It's a simple as do not playing taking the lead when you do first blood.

Another doubt or idea: how can I set MapMixer to display the map preview by default in the Quick Match menu. Everytime I set up my match and choose a map I have to click to change to the preview list.

Third: when the match ends (quick match mode) I see the winner and then the scores screen, but it doesn't go back to the main menu. I have to manually exit with F2, which I have binded to disconnect. Is there a way to configure Mapmixer to exit to the main menu or, even better, to the Quick Match menu when the match ends? It would be much more confortable.

Finally, an issue which is not important at all, but I'm just curious about it: what does the main menu appears dark and when I'm back from a match it's brighter. Maybe this has to do with the brightness adjustments of UTIII.

Comment

I dont think anyone can acccess the forums at the moment i'm wateing for the admins to let me do anything on there i'm guessing thay havent been to check what new members need to be sorted out yet.

Comment

I can't speak on anything as far as the new content will go, but as far as the new patch goes, it looks like you won't have to rebuild MapMixer.

The one downside though, is that with it running you will NOT get achievements, as it will see MapMixer as a custom mod, which disables the earning of achievements (unless Epic changes this in the final version).

Also, I'd like to thank you for the phenomenal work on MapMixer. This is the exact type of frontend I always though UT3 should have. I know UT3's structure really fizzled your motivation, but you've done a great job so far, don't let it get to you too much. There's many of us that appreciate your efforts.

Comment

Originally posted by psysix View Post
                              The one downside though, is that with it running you will NOT get achievements, as it will see MapMixer as a custom mod, which disables the earning of achievements (unless Epic changes this in the final version).
                              Acheivements? or MapMixer?

MapMixer wins by a land slide!

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                                Acheivements? or MamMixer?

MapMixer wins by a land slide!
                                agree 100% but if the Acheivements get folk playing UT3 thats got to be good too

Comment

Working...
                                X