No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Also, UT3 was released at the same time as a lot of much bigger shooter titles. It's been competing with TF2 pretty much from day 1, and that had the huge advantage of being in the Orange Box.

Comment

When will be the full-release of this thing? It sounds very cool.

Comment

I dunno. Sinx is using the term beta properly. MapMixer is done. He's just trying to nuke every single bug right now.

Comment

Originally posted by Doomgiver View Post
          Sinx has mentioned that real life has taken him away from mapMixer for a while.

Comment

I wouldn't wait for the final version as this current version works very well. I haven't come accross anny bugs. As far as I know, the features are set, so you won't see anything new.

Comment

Everything seems to work, but I've been having trouble hosting with it on my LAN.

Comment

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                I wouldn't wait for the final version as this current version works very well. I haven't come accross anny bugs. As far as I know, the features are set, so you won't see anything new.
                Indeed. MapMixer is now in beta for everyone to test, so please don't wait.

I've got a couple of little bugs to fix but nothing major.

I've started a new RL job and I've been taking a breather from MM. I worked pretty hard this year getting MM3 to beta and now it's over to you guys to test

Comment

I have found a bug:
                  If I click on 'edit character' and on 'new character', a white screen with the option-buttions like 'helmet', etc. appears, but it is as I said white. I can't see the character skin there. And if I exit the menu, I am back in the main menu of the vanilla UT3.
                  The issue with the white screen appears in the 'player options menu', where I can choose my skins, too.

Comment

I have found a bug:
                    If I click on 'edit character' and on 'new character', a white screen with the option-buttions like 'helmet', etc. appears, but it is as I said white. I can't see the character skin there. And if I exit the menu, I am back in the main menu of the vanilla UT3.
                    The issue with the white screen appears in the 'player options menu', where I can choose my skins, too.
                    Is it anything to do with this? -> http://oceaniaut.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27216

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                      Is it anything to do with this? -> http://oceaniaut.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=27216
                      Yes, exactly.
                      I have another question:
                      Do the values like accurary, reaction time, skill modifier, etc. in the bot manager menu only increase the bots skills by a small amount?
                      And is the skill modifier increasing the bot's skills above godlike or are godlike bots with skills modified by 7 as good as godlike bots without modified skills?
                      I had the feeling, that the settings in the bot manager menu affect the bot's skills and behaviour only by a small scale. Is this normal or do I something wrong? I would like it very much, if this settings would affect the bot's skills in a larger scale.

Comment

Yes, exactly.
                        I have another question:
                        Do the values like accurary, reaction time, skill modifier, etc. in the bot manager menu only increase the bots skills by a small amount?
                        And is the skill modifier increasing the bot's skills above godlike or are godlike bots with skills modified by 7 as good as godlike bots without modified skills?
                        I had the feeling, that the settings in the bot manager menu affect the bot's skills and behaviour only by a small scale. Is this normal or do I something wrong? I would like it very much, if this settings would affect the bot's skills in a larger scale.
                        The Character Skill Attributes are attributes that Epic use in their AI code. The way they work is hard-coded by Epic and the way they each relate to the Bot Difficulty is also defined in Epic code and varies depending on each attribute. To understand what the relationship between Bot Difficulty (Skill) and Bot Attributes are, you really have to look at how each individual attribute is used in code, as each one is different. In the Bot AI code, decisions and effects are determined upon bot skill level and individual attributes interacting in different ways.

My implementation of minimum and maximum values for the Attributes directly corresponds to the min and max values defined by Epic code.

Hope that helps.

Comment

just downloaded - looks promising 140maps to go!!!

'Zeus go for a cig'

Comment

I keep singing this UI's praises.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                              The Character Skill Attributes are attributes that Epic use in their AI code. The way they work is hard-coded by Epic and the way they each relate to the Bot Difficulty is also defined in Epic code and varies depending on each attribute. To understand what the relationship between Bot Difficulty (Skill) and Bot Attributes are, you really have to look at how each individual attribute is used in code, as each one is different. In the Bot AI code, decisions and effects are determined upon bot skill level and individual attributes interacting in different ways.

My implementation of minimum and maximum values for the Attributes directly corresponds to the min and max values defined by Epic code.

Hope that helps.
                              Of course this is useful, but I don't mean this. I mean the impression that you (the players) get, if you compare a godlike or inhuman bot for example with default values and a godlike or inhuman bot with everything set to maximum.
                              I like it, that you have created a bot manager. Thank you for this feature. This was the main reason for me to download mapmixer. I like it, to create teams with very bots that are very hard to beat.

Comment

Originally posted by brisingre View Post
                                Everything seems to work, but I've been having trouble hosting with it on my LAN.
                                Hmmm, I'm having trouble using Beta1 on LAN as well. Was trying it out between a Vista laptop and XP PC. If hosting on the PC, laptop loads back to main menu after(?) loading the level (to some degree at least). If hosting on laptop I get the following error when trying to join game on PC:

Game loads fine for host in both cases. If not using MapMixer LAN works fine. Also, I think if the host is MapMixer but the other machine isn't it works (or possible the other way around, I can't remember for sure.). I don't recall having these problems with the last alpha version.

Let me know if there's any other info you would like or something tested again.

Comment

Working...
                                X