No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a few maps that MM will not scan. It typically locks when it tries to scan these maps. I have gotten around this by manually editing the MM Maps INI file.
    I think this is a map issue and not MM.
    For example, a map I have problems with is DM-Torlan_jungle http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...4&postcount=21

If MM gets stuck on a map. I remove the map, restart the scan and it completes.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
      You have to help me to help you. I have stated in numerous places that the very first thing people need to do is look at their Log file.
      OK Jerry McGuire! Show me the Quan!

Sorry, my brain is a bit fried. I just needed a little encouragement. Sometimes I think I pysche myself out when it comes to MM.

Originally posted by MasterB View Post
      I have a few maps that MM will not scan. It typically locks when it tries to scan these maps. I have gotten around this by manually editing the MM Maps INI file.
      For example, a map I have problems with is DM-Torlan_jungle http://forums.epicgames.com/showpost...4&postcount=21

After looking in the log, it seemed one map was causing the problem. Once I removed it, it then started to scan the maps lickety split, thanks to my new computer.

Comment

This is great, fixed the "demo guy" problem. Love the customization, especially config'in the bots. Great to have diffrent difficulty levels to break the "ultra dumb" and "ultra dumb but ultra accurate with added dodging" difficulty levels.

Comment

If I were to uninstall this and reinstall, what else would I need to erase other the the installed files? I wanna try this to see if I can fix this demoguy problem. Cause now even when I go back to the alpha, I have the problem now

Comment

Not sure why MM would alter the way models look. I don't think it should.

Comment

OK, I just did a fresh install of the game and only put in the xeno model and the MM beta and still the same problem. Im really upset

Comment

I'll have to take a look at that map and see what the issue is.

Originally posted by Odedge View Post
                OK Jerry McGuire! Show me the Quan!

Sorry, my brain is a bit fried. I just needed a little encouragement. Sometimes I think I pysche myself out when it comes to MM.
                Don't worry, I know what it's like.

After looking in the log, it seemed one map was causing the problem. Once I removed it, it then started to scan the maps lickety split, thanks to my new computer.
                Good stuff.

If I didn't mention it already, here's some info on the Map Database as well:

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
                This is great, fixed the "demo guy" problem. Love the customization, especially config'in the bots. Great to have diffrent difficulty levels to break the "ultra dumb" and "ultra dumb but ultra accurate with added dodging" difficulty levels.
                Not being able to have different bots per match was something that would have really disappointed me, so I worked pretty hard to make sure this was possible.

Originally posted by Emmet Otter View Post
                If I were to uninstall this and reinstall, what else would I need to erase other the the installed files? I wanna try this to see if I can fix this demoguy problem. Cause now even when I go back to the alpha, I have the problem now
                You don't even have to uninstall it. Just change back the line in the UTEngine.ini file, or just do like I do and switch the comment line:
                To use mapmixer
                Code:
                LocalMap=UTFrontEnd_MapMixer.ut3
                ;LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3
                Or not to use mapmixer
                Code:
                ;LocalMap=UTFrontEnd_MapMixer.ut3
                LocalMap=UTFrontEnd.ut3

Nothing else will be required.

Not sure why MM would alter the way models look. I don't think it should.
                Yeah, you're right. I'm not sure why these problems would be occurring. UT3 still does all the model loading, MapMixer's part is simply to act as the 'conductor' and prompt UT3 on what to do and when.

Comment

Nice i only test the alpha 5 i think, and it was ok but this is awesome, just one thing, what the "Scan" function should do, cause i put start and nothing seems to happen

and according with all guys here this is how ut3 ui should look in the first place

Comment

Originally posted by shak18 View Post
                    just one thing, what the "Scan" function should do, cause i put start and nothing seems to happen
                    With the newest version it will scan all of the custom maps you have installed (it already includes stock maps ). It will pull info from the .ini files and display it in the menus. Such info is the author and recomended player counts. The "mutator" will function just fine, but you won't have as much info.

I had some maps crash the scan process. After this happened, I opened up my "UTMapMixer_MapDatabase" file in the Config folder. At the very top you will see a list a maps that need to be scanned. Just replace the prefix 'needtoscan' (I am guessing at the name as it's no longer in my file. Just replace it with "sIgnoreMaps" for the first map. Save the file and start again.

Only a handful of maps did this, which is not bad considering I have over 100 maps installed. But once you scan a map, you won't need to scan it again. If and when you install a newer version of MM, keep this file!

Comment

Sinx, thats the way I have it setup in the engine.ini if I wish to swap back and forth. The reason why I asked was that I believe certain custom content get applied into the games .ini's. Example, like when you install new characters, they also get applied into the characters ini's which was the reason of the question I asked before but, I just said screw it and let me try everything from scratch again.

Comment

I was going to start filling in the details for my scanned maps. I figured if I went to the Defaults page and filled it out there, that when I added it to a map group, it would show up. But it didn't. I tried it the other way too (editing the details from the Maps tab).

I did check the readmes files, but didn't find anything. What am I not understanding about this section?

Comment

I was going to start filling in the details for my scanned maps. I figured if I went to the Defaults page and filled it out there, that when I added it to a map group, it would show up. But it didn't. I tried it the other way too (editing the details from the Maps tab).

I did check the readmes files, but didn't find anything. What am I not understanding about this section?
                          Have a look at the information regarding the Map Database.

Map Defaults is entirely separate from the Map Database because the Map Database simply lists Maps in the context of Map Prefixes, which should not be confused with Gametypes. Map Defaults applies default behaviours or options to a map in the context of a Gametype, though there is a global option in there called [Global Map Defaults] that doesn't have a Gametype context. Any specific overrides you want to apply to a map, should be done here, whether it is with regard to a gametype context or not.

Editing the UTMapMixerDatabase file is not something you should do without good reason - for example, you want to stop a map from requiring a "Scan" and want to enter its details manually, however 99.9% you should not need to do this.

Comment

WOW! Nice job. I have not experienced any problems so far, with the exception of a couple of maps (out of 140) causing the game to crash while scanning. Very much looking forward to final release and updates.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                              Have a look at the information regarding the Map Database.

Map Defaults is entirely separate from the Map Database because the Map Database simply lists Maps in the context of Map Prefixes, which should not be confused with Gametypes. Map Defaults applies default behaviours or options to a map in the context of a Gametype, though there is a global option in there called [Global Map Defaults] that doesn't have a Gametype context. Any specific overrides you want to apply to a map, should be done here, whether it is with regard to a gametype context or not.
                              I have read the link you posted before and looked at your current documentation (I know it takes time to create). Unfortunately your what you posted didn't help. I tried messing with it using the logic God gave me and what I have developed over the years.

But, as far as I can tell, the Defaults section doesn't do anything at all. It almost seems like it's broken. I know I am not smart and/or knowledgeable to do what you have done in MM. But I hope I am smart and/or knowledgeable to use it!

Please help my tattered brain.

Comment

I have read the link you posted before and looked at your current documentation (I know it takes time to create). Unfortunately your what you posted didn't help. I tried messing with it using the logic God gave me and what I have developed over the years.

But, as far as I can tell, the Defaults section doesn't do anything at all. It almost seems like it's broken. I know I am not smart and/or knowledgeable to do what you have done in MM. But I hope I am smart and/or knowledgeable to use it!

Please help my tattered brain.
                                The Map Defaults section applies to sessions launched from the Launch->Session Menu.

If you can give me some specifics, I can run through it with you.

Comment

Working...
                                X