MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinx View Post
    Just a note to say I'll be aiming for Release Candidate 1 to go public this weekend.
    Yes! Can't wait to play UT3 again with MapMixer

Comment

wow sweet i will download that stuff is it gone work with UT3dom 3.1

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
        wow sweet i will download that stuff is it gone work with UT3dom 3.1
        It's part of my core philosophy not to directly hard-code support for gametypes into MM but instead provide generic support such that anyone can easily modify a file (UTMapMixer.ini) to provide 'support' for a gametype. The last thing I or your want to happen is for me to have to re-program, re-compile and re-distribute a version of MM so that it "supports" a gametype.

The UTMapMixer.ini file comes pre-configured to work with a few community gametypes that do "the right thing" and utilise URL Option configuration and don't hide their options away internally. UTDom is one of these gametypes that "does the right thing" and provide URL Options to configure the gametype. There are some gametypes out there that keep their configuration options hidden away and I have no intention of directly hard-coding MM to support these gametypes that "do the wrong thing". From a programming point of view, it's a no-brainer to support URL Options to configure your gametype and I'm completely amazed that some authors do not take the few minutes to provide support for them.

Technically there is no reason why MM 3.0 should not work with UTDom 3.1, as it has in the past, and I have previously distributed the UTMapMixer.ini file to be pre-configured for it. For UTDom 3.1 I have merged the vehicle and non-vehicle configurations into one, as is suggested.

Now, having said that, there are a couple of issues with UTDom 3.1. It appears that some URL Parameters are not functioning as they should with UTDom - although I'm not jumping to conclusions and pointing the finger yet. From my point of view, and according to the log files, MM is doing everything as it should.

Also, the MM function to automatically close the MidGameMenu does not appear to function correctly with UTDom (3.1) anymore. I'm looking into this. Currently the MM Hud will overlay the MidGameMenu because it thinks it is already closed. However, you can just press escape to close everything. This may be a matter of me tweaking the system a little more.

Speaking of community gametypes, I've just added the old Elimination gametype to the UTMapMixer.ini file, so that it's 3 gametypes will come pre-configured for MM 3.0. This is yet another example of a gametype that "does the right thing."

Comment

Release Candidate 1 is now public and all future replies on this topic should be made in the following thread on these forums:

http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=684699

Comment

Working...
          X