MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RandomMan88 View Post
    Thank for the tip, now it works correctly . I think you should remove the "Customize Player" considering that it is broken.
    Yes, I'm still working out what I'm going to do with that, as it is a standard UT3 Menu and not one of my own.

Comment

Great work, love the new menu, now I can actuly change the score limit without having to go through 10 pages, then to another 10 to change the timelimit

P.S. I love you in a completley gay way

Comment

Originally posted by Stuey95 View Post
        Great work, love the new menu, now I can actuly change the score limit without having to go through 10 pages, then to another 10 to change the timelimit
        Less UI and more Fraggin.

P.S. I love you in a completley gay way
        Well, I am single, however I only date extraterrestrials.

Comment

I am often getting logged out but its not such a bad problem thankfuly its a one button press thing and i'm logged in again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
            I am often getting logged out but its not such a bad problem thankfuly its a one button press thing and i'm logged in again.
            I don't think this has anything to do with Mapmixer. MM is basically an improved frontend for UT3. I don't think it changes the way UT3 behaves.

Comment

I woudnt think so ether but after I do someting like a map scan I need to log in again. Also theres a terible mix of the UT3 theme that seems to be the defult that plays when I start up UT3 with mapmixer that I never herd before and dont perticulerly want to hear again. I know somethigns up with the sound settings because that mix of the main theme is alot more simple with very basic instroments. Its going to low sound qualaty and high volume then when I go into settings its going back to normal happely.

Also does it force loading skins so everyone actualy sees the skin thay are suposed to? I dont have my own server to test it on but if it gets rid of the DemoGuy thingy i'll cope with any sucky sound issues.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                A Map Voting system is designated for version 3.1 and is not part of the initial 3.00 release.
                Great to hear sinx!

Comment

I woudnt think so ether but after I do someting like a map scan I need to log in again. Also theres a terible mix of the UT3 theme that seems to be the defult that plays when I start up UT3 with mapmixer that I never herd before and dont perticulerly want to hear again. I know somethigns up with the sound settings because that mix of the main theme is alot more simple with very basic instroments. Its going to low sound qualaty and high volume then when I go into settings its going back to normal happely.

Also does it force loading skins so everyone actualy sees the skin thay are suposed to? I dont have my own server to test it on but if it gets rid of the DemoGuy thingy i'll cope with any sucky sound issues.
                  You should post at the MM site. I haven't experienced any of this and I have used since version 1. You may want to delete all of the MM files and reinstall it.
                  http://oceaniaut.com/vbb/forumdisplay.php?f=608

Comment

Indeed, as MasterB suggested, most likely a ut3/gamespy issue.

I have a sometimes poor quality phone line and my ADSL modem loses sync quite often, resulting in the infamous 'Duplicate Login Detected'. Loads of fun when you're hosting a game. :S

Comment

It works pretty good.

Out of 96 maps it had to scan, it only had issues with 2 of them. The first was the maps from The Ball Mod. The other was Volcanix. PM me if you want the error logs for those. This wouldn't have bother me much except it froze my whole computer not just UT3.

Also I'm missing some characters and mutators. I haven't really checked to see exactly which ones are missing.
                      As far as characters I don't see dynah, thats the only one I noticed off the bat out of the 153 that it says I have.
                      Mutator wise I'm missing Jurassic Rage! That one hurts I love that one.

Overall it is a great mod! Good Work. This could be one of the great ones. The one fix I would really like would be to have it so it would detect new game types like normal UT3 does.

Comment

Originally posted by Darthdrewmungus View Post
                        It works pretty good.

Out of 96 maps it had to scan, it only had issues with 2 of them. The first was the maps from The Ball Mod. The other was Volcanix. PM me if you want the error logs for those. This wouldn't have bother me much except it froze my whole computer not just UT3.
                        I guess what I would be most interested in knowing, is if it reliably crashes on a particular map. I have made some adjustments in the latest versions to hopefully eliminate these crashes but it seems they still persist - although I have yet to have it crash since making those changes.

Also I'm missing some characters and mutators. I haven't really checked to see exactly which ones are missing.

As far as characters I don't see dynah, thats the only one I noticed off the bat out of the 153 that it says I have.
                        Mutator wise I'm missing Jurassic Rage! That one hurts I love that one.
                        I currently have JurasicRage installed and working without doing anything unusual, so your problem may exist elsewhere.

Keep in mind that some mutators are only relevant for particular gametypes and MapMixer will only show these for each gametype.

I do not have the model Dynah currently installed (falling behind...) however, I don't see a problem with any model, as long as UT3 correctly knows it exists. First thing I would be doing is making sure they are correctly present in your UTCustomChar.ini file and there is a definite entry in the Characters array in this file. Next, check your UTMapMixer_ListsFactions.ini file, as newly detected characters will automatically be placed in the "[Unassigned Faction]" (temporary faction). You use the MapMixer Faction Editor to create Factions and move characters between them.

Overall it is a great mod! Good Work. This could be one of the great ones. The one fix I would really like would be to have it so it would detect new game types like normal UT3 does.
                        Thankyou. I'm glad others can get some enjoyment from it.

Re Gametypes: MapMixer DOES detect every gametype and I have gone to great pains to explain what the exact story is here. If you've missed something here then I suggest you read the information in the distribution archive or visit this thread here. There are very good reasons for this behaviour and remember NOTHING needs to be hard-coded in MapMixer for it to support a gametype, only some ini file adjustments, which anyone can do but I am more than willing to help with. =)

Comment

Just wondering how you change the slidehshow pictures at the top to view pictures of custom character in custom factions?

I put my slideshow in the place of the necris slideshow, but all I got was a blank spot where the necris slideshow used to be. This is what I put to make it look at it...

[FactionICOG MapMixerUI_PanelStorage_SlideShow]
                          Position=(fLeft=0.6313,fTop=0.04,fHeight=0.14,fAsp ect=1.0)
                          bSingleImage=false
                          bRandomSelect=true
                          fTransitionFactor=0.3
                          fMinDelaySeconds=8
                          fMaxDelaySeconds=30
                          eTransitionType=mmITT_CrossFade
                          fImageEdgeClipPx=1
                          ImageSpec=(DrawColour=(R=255,G=255,B=255,A=130))
                          Background=(bEnabled=false)
                          TransitionBackground=(bEnabled=false)
                          eSourceType=mmSSST_Faction
                          sImages=ICOG

The ICOG name is the name I that is used for the faction in the ini files. However, the faction is named COG in the UTMapMixer_ListFactions.ini file and the friendlyname of the faction in the game. I have also tried that, but it doesn't do anything different.

I have also tried changing the eSourceType=mmSSST_Faction line to read MMSSST_FactionICOG and then MMSSST_FactionCOG, but neither have changed anything either.

What am I supposed to do here?

Btw, I haven't seen any bugs or had any other problems in this release. I love this thing, thanks allot sinx!

Comment

Originally posted by Larkin_BUF View Post
                            Just wondering how you change the slidehshow pictures at the top to view pictures of custom character in custom factions?

The ICOG name is the name I that is used for the faction in the ini files. However, the faction is named COG in the UTMapMixer_ListFactions.ini file and the friendlyname of the faction in the game. I have also tried that, but it doesn't do anything different.
                            You're on the right track but just to clarify, make sure you're creating the Factions in the MapMixer Faction Editor and not directly editing the UTMapMixer_ListsFactions.ini file.

The sImages lines must be the exact name that you used when creating the Faction in the Faction Editor.

I have also tried changing the eSourceType=mmSSST_Faction line to read MMSSST_FactionICOG and then MMSSST_FactionCOG, but neither have changed anything either.
                            Options are:

mmSSST_Manual
                            mmSSST_Faction
                            mmSSST_FactionUnassigned

Comment

is this include Spectate option in Instant action too ?

Epic still dont make "Spectate option in Instant action"
                              all other UT games have it !
                              thanks

Comment

Originally posted by BuffyTheSlayer View Post
                                Epic still dont make "Spectate option in Instant action"
                                all other UT games have it !
                                thanks
                                Np.

MM will remember your Spectate status, as set by the Mid Game Menu. If you are using the Quick Match Menu, then you can also launch the next map with a different Spectate state.

Speaking of the Quick Match Menu, the Quick Match Menu, which can be used inside Offline and Listen (local machine) mode match contexts, should be able to launch a new match in the same session without destroying the game context (ie Offline and Listen modes).

Comment

Working...
                                X