MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    About description, sure, it was an optional thing in earlier MapMixers too.
    About map switching countdowns, well yes, online it's very useful. But offline it changes the default behaviour of UT3 (which is the Fire key to automatically switch to the next map in rotation), so it's quite counter-intuitive.
    In my opinion it has nothing to do with being intuitive, it has everything to do with 'oops I just hit the fire button'...However, let everyone tell me I'm wrong.

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
    So bind the "next map" button to something easily accessible...
    Agreed. I have mine bound using a control-key modifier as I regard it as an important function - but also because you don't want to accidentally hit it in the middle of a match.

Comment

Ah well, like I've said, switching doesn't bug me too much anyway, because most of the time I don't want the next map, but want to play the third map in row

Comment

Nice work sinx !
        MapMixer improved a lot my "ut" game experiences and the feeling :
        "I really control the game!"

Once it's ready for Titan patch, I will download it again.

Keep it up !

Comment

It already is...

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
            It already is...
            Yes, but I was talking about the FINAL version not the beta.

Comment

Originally posted by MacTom27 View Post
              Yes, but I was talking about the FINAL version not the beta.
              Indeed.

I know I keep saying this but it shouldn't be too far away, I'm just in the process of removing any remaining bugs. Outside of work, I spend as much time as I can on the project.

Comment

*rubs hands in anticipation*

I honestly cannot wait for this - makes the game infinitely more enjoyable! Your hard work will be appreciated.

Comment

I noticed if you configure a mutator the menu's buttons overlap MM's buttons. Also the mutators menu is gray (and buttons) so its sorta difficult to find the buttons to accept or cancel.

Comment

Originally posted by dodlegion View Post
                    I noticed if you configure a mutator the menu's buttons overlap MM's buttons. Also the mutators menu is gray (and buttons) so its sorta difficult to find the buttons to accept or cancel.
                    This is a behaviour of the original Beta 1 version (which is still the only publicly available version). The current Private Beta versions do not exhibit this behaviour.

RC1 is getting close. In the next few days I'll probably release my last Private Beta version. Then it's RC1.

The really depressing thing for me then is that once I get RC1 out, I have to complete the documentation, which sit's in a very basic form here.

Comment

I don't know if this is MapMixer's fault but I'll tell you a problem I have. I'm using the MapMixer feature that allows me to have the Translocator in all game modes (I always play deathmatch). I have setup all maps to be played in deathmatch mode editing the lines in the database file. Sometimes, after playing for a while, it happens that I cannot select the Translocator. When I die and respawn, I can select it again. I think this happens only in vctf and war maps. I must say I'm also using the Translocator Plus mutator. Also, I think this only happens to me since I enabled the Weapon Replacement mutator. Could that be the problem?

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
                        I don't know if this is MapMixer's fault but I'll tell you a problem I have. I'm using the MapMixer feature that allows me to have the Translocator in all game modes (I always play deathmatch). I have setup all maps to be played in deathmatch mode editing the lines in the database file.
                        What exactly are you referring to when you say "I have setup all maps to be played in deathmatch mode editing the lines in the database file" ? Are you referring to the 'sTranslocClass' option for each gametype in the [MapMixer.MapMixer_DataStore_GameTypes] section in the UTMapMixer.ini file?

Sometimes, after playing for a while, it happens that I cannot select the Translocator. When I die and respawn, I can select it again. I think this happens only in vctf and war maps. I must say I'm also using the Translocator Plus mutator. Also, I think this only happens to me since I enabled the Weapon Replacement mutator. Could that be the problem?
                        I'm not familiar with the 'Translocator Plus' mutator but all MapMixer does is add the currently designated Translocator class for the gametype (see 'sTranslocClass' above) to the Default Inventory of each player. From that point on MapMixer does nothing - unless you tell it to remove it (ie disable it). If any other piece of non-mapmixer code messes with the DefaultInventory then it could be that it gets removed by design or not.

First thing I'd do is check your Launch.log file for any reference to that class or anything else relevant.

Comment

I meant I have all maps (DM, CTF, VCTF and WAR) listed under the section called

[DM MapMixer_DataList_MapTypes]
                          sPrefix=DM

Therefore I have all the maps in the game listed as deathmatch maps and I play them with the deathmatch rules.

The Translocator plus is a mutator for increasing the speed and power of the translocator. Maybe it has nothing to do with my problem. I must say this only happens every now and then. I'll make further tests just to know when it happens and why.

Comment

sPrefix=DM
                            ...That's not advised - nor is it the best way to accomplish what you want!

I'd put all the maps back in the sections they came from (as they should be) and then create a MM Custom Gametype (See Gametypes tab in Advanced Session Menu) that contains all these Map Prefixes. You can then assign the Translocator mutator to that gametype.

See the red highlighted sections in the screenshot below (from the current private beta).

Don't forget to click on the Mutators button, which shows the Mutators automatically assigned to that Custom Gametype, and activate your translocator mutator.

Therefore I have all the maps in the game listed as deathmatch maps and I play them with the deathmatch rules.
                            If you do it the way I suggest then you have the best of all worlds and a hell of a lot more flexibility. The way you're doing it currently is not leveraging MapMixer to its full extent and is simply inhibiting its functionality...I may never sleep again while you leave it in that state ;-)

The Translocator plus is a mutator for increasing the speed and power of the translocator. Maybe it has nothing to do with my problem. I must say this only happens every now and then. I'll make further tests just to know when it happens and why.
                            Sounds like a problem with either the game or that mutator but it's difficult to say at a surface level. It would be interesting to know whether it was simply just a new translocator based off the old one (most likely). If it was then you could find out what the package and class name was and then assign it to the gametypes you want using the method suggested in my first reply. That way MapMixer controls the replacement - however it all depends on the internals of the translocator mutator.

But like I said before, have a look at your Log file, as it's always the first place to look.

Comment

sPrefix=DM

Even I wasnt brave enough to do that and i've been trying random options to try to crash mapmixer to see if somethings broken.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                                Even I wasnt brave enough to do that and i've been trying random options to try to crash mapmixer to see if somethings broken.
                                Yeah. Not a good idea. It's ok to edit the Map Database file by hand (if you really must) but keep all the maps in their associated Prefix section. It's not going to break MapMixer if you do but there's absolutely no good reason for doing it, unless you want to destroy the flexibility of MapMixer.

Comment

Working...
                                X