MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
    I've sent yu some bug reports via email. But I have a suggestion that applies to both beta 1 and 4: the MapMixer Client menu, when opened, always resumes the game, doesn't matter if it was paused before or not, and you cannot pause the game when the window is opened. That is really annoying when all you want is to check the map rotation or bot orders...
    Also, it would be nice if small windows would be scalable, as there is no place for long map names and such.
    Can you check if you can take screenshots in the character screen? Doesn't seem to work with me.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
      Have you looked in the MapMixer Client Menu ?
      Yup alot. Theres no opition I can find or atleast in a nice easy place to find it that will let me choose my team prefrance.

Oh and I havent been able to get screenshots of the new character select screen.

Comment

I've sent yu some bug reports via email. But I have a suggestion that applies to both beta 1 and 4: the MapMixer Client menu, when opened, always resumes the game, doesn't matter if it was paused before or not, and you cannot pause the game when the window is opened. That is really annoying when all you want is to check the map rotation or bot orders...
        Also, it would be nice if small windows would be scalable, as there is no place for long map names and such.
        Although this applies specifically to the Private Beta, which is not for this forum, I will say that as a member of the Private Beta list, you are required to actually read the ChangeLog.txt file that comes with the distributions, as it contains important information.

For example, I quote:
        Client Menu no longer automatically pauses game when opened (ie in Offline Play). This was counter-intuitive as a default behaviour for tabs such as 'Orders' where it made monitoring the game impossible. More work to be done on this...

Note the last sentence. It may indicate that I have not finished here as yet.

The other thing is that because of the way Epic handle pausing in Menus (ie Scenes), it makes the whole process rather complicated, however, I'm planning a work-around.

A screenshot is worth a thousand words.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
          Yup alot. Theres no opition I can find or atleast in a nice easy place to find it that will let me choose my team prefrance.

Oh and I havent been able to get screenshots of the new character select screen.
          I don't have an old version of MM installed but here's a screenshot of the current Client Menu. As indicated, have a look on the 'Player' tab.

There's also another drop-down list next to the 'Logout' button but that is for changing teams in the current match, where the option indicated above indicates your preferred team for the next matches played.

Just keep in mind that this menu looks a lot different now than the version you may currently have.

Comment

Ah, so you're looking into it, thanks. But it didn't pause the game in Beta 1 as well.
            As for a screenshot, well, see my last one in this thread. If a map would have a name really that long, it would be annoying. And if you can drag windows, why can't you resize them?

Comment

Ah, so you're looking into it, thanks. But it didn't pause the game in Beta 1 as well.
              The way the Pause system works is rather messy when you take into consideration the default behaviour of Epic's Scene Pause system, which appears to take no regard for the paused state of the game before a UIScene is opened. Yes, I'm working on a system that gives the best of both worlds.

As for a screenshot, well, see my last one in this thread. If a map would have a name really that long, it would be annoying. And if you can drag windows, why can't you resize them?
              Because in this world things don't happen by themselves. The windows are draggable because I made them that way (in fact I made the whole thing). They aren't resizable because I haven't included that ability - not because I didn't want to - I just haven't done so. Nevertheless, I'll look into it.

...also did you know that the columns in the multi-column lists were resizable?

Comment

The screenshot helps alot for locateing the option. Seems I'll need to try listeing what everything does in mapmixer again to find where everything is again.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                  ...also did you know that the columns in the multi-column lists were resizable?
                  Yes, I did. However, window resizing would be more helpful than column resizing. Another example is MapMixer Client menu's Match tab - there is a single option that you have to scroll to see, and if windows were resizeable, there would be no need to scroll.

Comment

Yes, I did. However, window resizing would be more helpful than column resizing. Another example is MapMixer Client menu's Match tab - there is a single option that you have to scroll to see, and if windows were resizeable, there would be no need to scroll.
                    Ok, done...It was a bit of labor but not an excessive amount - just lots of tweaking involved. I've currently activated it in the Quick Session Launch Menu.

Here's a quick preview of the menu having been resized (ie clicking on bottom right corner and dragging). Just like position on screen, it also remembers size.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks! This will be very helpful! Can it be implemented for the Client menu as well?

By the way, there's one thing that is in MapMixer 2 and that I haven't seen in MapMixer 3: when loading maps, it could display their descriptions again. That helps to get used to the map's theme.

Comment

Awesome! Thanks! This will be very helpful! Can it be implemented for the Client menu as well?
                        Yes, it will be enabled for the Client Menu. My next step.

By the way, there's one thing that is in MapMixer 2 and that I haven't seen in MapMixer 3: when loading maps, it could display their descriptions again. That helps to get used to the map's theme.
                        I don't see how that would be accomplished. During UT3's 'seamless level loading' it displays the Mid Game Menu during the transition process.

The only time you see the traditional 'loading screen' is when loading the first level in a session - from that point forward it uses the seamless transitioning process.

Comment

Yes, that's true, I thought about that too... Maybe then the default mid-game menu window should be the Game tab, and it has the description, which could be pre-loaded and displayed on load?
                          By the way, why do all MapMixers have countdowns on level end? Not that it matters much (I disable it and use the Client menu anyway), but just curious: why isn't the travel affected by hitting the Fire key, instead of being forced to wait/forced to move to the next map?

Comment

Yes, that's true, I thought about that too... Maybe then the default mid-game menu window should be the Game tab, and it has the description, which could be pre-loaded and displayed on load?
                            It's most likely a matter of choice and also game context (ie standalone and multiplayer). There are often reasons why things are the way they are.

I guess I could make it an option and let the user decide if it is appropriate for them, which will not always be the case.

By the way, why do all MapMixers have countdowns on level end? Not that it matters much (I disable it and use the Client menu anyway),
                            I'm not sure what you're exactly trying to say here. In the Advanced Session mode, you have an optional countdown between then end of the match and when a server (or offline) travel will occur. You have three choices:

[1] Disable Automatic Map Switching when you setup the session and manually select the next map from the Session Map List at the end of the Match.
                            [2] Use the Automatic Map Switch countdown and let MM automatically take you to the next map in your Session Map List.
                            [3] Optionally Abort the Map Switch countdown at the end of the match, if you want want to stop automatic map switching or you want to manually select the next map and need more time to override the next map choice from the Session Map List.

Remembering of course you can use keybinds for Session Map List navigation - or simply open the Client Menu and choose the next map from the Session Map List. Then you can either optionally use akeybind to switch maps or if you are using the Client Menu then click on the Switch button from there.

but just curious: why isn't the travel affected by hitting the Fire key, instead of being forced to wait/forced to move to the next map?
                            But one might also ask, why doesn't pressing any key do that? Things don't happen unless they are designed to. In any case, I can see a lot of flame mail coming my way if I allowed people to press fire to switch to the next map - especially in a multi-player context.

Perhaps you missed the keybinds for Session Map List Navigation and Switching? No one is forcing you to wait for the map switch. It's entirely up to you whether you use automatic map switching or not. If you don't want to wait the number of seconds that you designated in the Advanced Session Setup Tab then just hit your Switch map key. The choice is yours.

At the end of the match, MM will show you (Client Menu setting) what the next map will be. If you don't like that map then choose another one using the Map List Navigation keys and then press the switch map key when you find the map you want to play - or just use the Client Menu.

Comment

About description, sure, it was an optional thing in earlier MapMixers too.
                              About map switching countdowns, well yes, online it's very useful. But offline it changes the default behaviour of UT3 (which is the Fire key to automatically switch to the next map in rotation), so it's quite counter-intuitive.

Comment

So bind the "next map" button to something easily accessible...

Comment

Working...
                                X