MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nfleming View Post
    I just have to say again how impressed I am with the quality of MapMixer! The ability to easily add/subtract bots while playing is a very sweet feature. Thank you so much for your work, it is truly appreciated.
    Speaking of modifying player counts during a match, I've done something bad...I've introduced a new feature during this Beta stage
    A new console command called 'players', which allows you flexible command line operations on the player counts. You can adjust player counts with either an absolute number (ie set player counts to an exact number) or a relative number (ie increase or decrease player counts by a number).

Set the total number of players for a non-team game - or set the number of players per team in a team game
    mutate mm players 2
    mutate mm players 10

Increase the total number of players for a non-team game - or increase the number of players per team in a team game
    mutate mm players +1
    mutate mm players +5

Decrease the total number of players for a non-team game - or decrease the number of players per team in a team game
    mutate mm players -2
    mutate mm players -5

A further option can be added to modify ONE team only, for example
    mutate mm players +2 blue
    mutate mm players -1 red
    mutate mm players +1 green
    mutate mm players 10 gold

You can also specify teams with numbers (0 = Red, 1 = Blue, 2 = Green, 3 = Gold)
    mutate mm players 3 0
    mutate mm players 3 2

What this will allow you to do is bind a key to say increase or decrease the number of players etc.

Of course, this command requires the user to be an admin or playing offline.

Btw, in case anyone of you didn't know, you get get a brief listing of all the mm console commands by typing 'mutate mm help'

Unfortunately you need to prefix all MM console commands with 'mutate'. I've tried to get assistance with creating client-side 'exec' functions for this purpose but no one seems able or willing to help. It could actually be impossible within the scope of MM. Frustrating but I've done all I can.

Comment

Are we ever going to have the possibility to lock the map list to thumbnails or previews. It always resets to a text list view, which is useless unless you are able to remember and identify any map just by reading the name of it, which is not my case.

Comment

Originally posted by Stormrider View Post
        Are we ever going to have the possibility to lock the map list to thumbnails or previews. It always resets to a text list view, which is useless unless you are able to remember and identify any map just by reading the name of it, which is not my case.
        I did this a few Private Beta versions ago. It causes some temporary lock-ups, as I have many times indicated would happen but it's there because so many people asked for it - which is fair enough. You just have to live with the consequences.

Also remembering that you can quickly change the view mode of a list by making sure the list is active and pressing the key 1, 2, 3 or 4.

You can email me and request to be put on the Private Beta list, if you want the latest versions for testing purposes.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
          I did this a few Private Beta versions ago. It causes some temporary lock-ups, as I have many times indicated would happen but it's there because so many people asked for it - which is fair enough. You just have to live with the consequences.
          I requested this a while ago and am glad you added it. The only time I have a problem is if I am displaying too many pictures on the list while I am in the middle of a game. But I usually don't create map lists while I am playing, so it's all good.

Comment

One last feature I'd love. The abilaty to edit the bots notes on who they are. It can make it much more easy to sort alot of playermade bots that way.

Comment

The beta is broken 0_o

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                One last feature I'd love. The abilaty to edit the bots notes on who they are. It can make it much more easy to sort alot of playermade bots that way.
                The best solution would be a multi-line Text Box, however, I don't have the time to make one. I could just add the ability to edit the text in a one-line text box. You can also edit the text manually in the UTMapMixer_ListsFactions.ini file.

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
                The beta is broken 0_o
                I'm not sure if I can respond to that without some sort of reference to how stupid such a remark as that is by itself. :\

Comment

Sorry, The link just isn't working for me. It doesn't exist lol.

Comment

Originally posted by rathalos150 View Post
                    Sorry, The link just isn't working for me. It doesn't exist lol.
                    Yep, confirmed. Didn't work for me either.

Comment

The one line text box would work great just aslong as the full descriptions arnt alterd in how they are vewd now.

Ah yeah wile I remember is there a way to get a players team prefrances set up? At the moment i'm finding blue alot harder to see than red so I'd love to be playing on the blue team for most maps. And if anyone can manage that you can.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
                        Ah yeah wile I remember is there a way to get a players team prefrances set up? At the moment i'm finding blue alot harder to see than red so I'd love to be playing on the blue team for most maps. And if anyone can manage that you can.
                        Have you looked in the MapMixer Client Menu ?

Comment

Not sure if this was mentioned before, but manual Warfare link setups (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594706) aren't recognised by MapMixer correctly. Their names look like <Strings:UTGameUI.FriendlyMapNames.(WarfareMapName )> (Setup Name). MapMixer should change the <Strings> part to an actual string...
                          Here's a screenshot of the bug:

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                            Not sure if this was mentioned before, but manual Warfare link setups (http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=594706) aren't recognised by MapMixer correctly. Their names look like <Strings:UTGameUI.FriendlyMapNames.(WarfareMapName )> (Setup Name). MapMixer should change the <Strings> part to an actual string...
                            Here's a screenshot of the bug:
                            Thanks, I'll look into it. I'll make sure it's fixed in the next Private Beta, which will be out very soon. Email me and request to be put on the Private Beta list and you can confirm the fix.

Comment

OK, email sent.

Comment

I've sent yu some bug reports via email. But I have a suggestion that applies to both beta 1 and 4: the MapMixer Client menu, when opened, always resumes the game, doesn't matter if it was paused before or not, and you cannot pause the game when the window is opened. That is really annoying when all you want is to check the map rotation or bot orders...
                                Also, it would be nice if small windows would be scalable, as there is no place for long map names and such.

Comment

Working...
                                X