MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by sinx View Post
    I have a new mode slated for MM 3.1 currently called 'Challenge' (though the name is not set in stone). This is my first step along the way.

In a nut shell, you'll define a *specific* customised Map List and it will then be locked in place and it will record a high-scores list for it.

My first step before that will be to bring back Session Stats. (So much work to do -sigh-)
    Nice, keep up the good work sinx

Comment

Originally posted by sneh View Post
      Nice, keep up the good work sinx
      Tah, I look forward to getting Beta 2 out the door and then finally making the **** thing official

Comment

I have a new mode slated for MM 3.1 currently called 'Challenge' (though the name is not set in stone). This is my first step along the way.

In a nut shell, you'll define a *specific* customised Map List and it will then be locked in place and it will record a high-scores list for it.

My first step before that will be to bring back Session Stats. (So much work to do -sigh-)
        lol, tx man, and yeah, so much work to do! But really, verry good work so far, it has come a looooonnnnnngggggg way already. Taking one step at a time is the right way going about it.

Comment

I'm juggling a lot at the moment and my prime focus really is to get Beta 2 out so the next step will be an Official Release of 3.0. That way I can look at what I'm going to do with version 3.1.

Thanks everyone for their input and the best way you can help is to test Beta 2 when it comes out. Or you can receive pre-release private beta 2 builds.

Comment

Just tossing something out there: are there any plans to allow for "team leaders" for the factions like in 2k4?

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
              Just tossing something out there: are there any plans to allow for "team leaders" for the factions like in 2k4?
              You mean like MM 2.x ?

Good question. I guess I could. I don't see why not. Perhaps for v3.1

Comment

You mean like MM 2.x ?
                Oop, yeah. MM is so integral to my 2k4 usage I tend to just consider them one and the same at this point...

Good question. I guess I could. I don't see why not. Perhaps for v3.1
                Sw337.

Comment

Sorry i've not been replying to emails reacently. Me and my computer have been seporated wile its been in getting fixed.

Comment

I think I found a bug with MM. If you try to enable Titan and Weapon Replacement one them disables the other. Say I enable Titan first, then I enable wep replacement. Wep Replacement disables Titan and vice versa. Im not sure if it still does that with the origenal game without MM just wanted to share I found.

Im using BattleMod, Titan, Taunt Control.

EDIT well I loaded UT using the official frontend and it still does it so its prolly not MM.

Comment

Originally posted by dodlegion View Post
                      I think I found a bug with MM. If you try to enable Titan and Weapon Replacement one them disables the other. Say I enable Titan first, then I enable wep replacement. Wep Replacement disables Titan and vice versa. Im not sure if it still does that with the origenal game without MM just wanted to share I found.

Im using BattleMod, Titan, Taunt Control.

EDIT well I loaded UT using the official frontend and it still does it so its prolly not MM.
                      Indeed. If you don't know about Mutator Groups then I suggest looking them up, they'll most likely describe what is occurring here. MM takes Mutator Groups into account.

Comment

This is probably beyond the scope of Map Mixer, but I'd like to see the global player taunts restored to what they were in patch 1.3. As it is now in 2.0, I never hear bots taunt in Spectator mode nor when I'm playing do I ever hear an enemy bot bot taunt when they frag one of my bot or player teammates, like they did in 1.3.

I did export scripts from both 1.3 & 2.0 and I see that the UTGame>UTVoice.uc class has altered ( why they needlessly did this, I'll never understand ).

Like I said, it's probably beyond the scope of Map Mixer, but I figured I'd throw that out there.

Comment

Thank you

I'm sure you have received lots of praise for MapMixer, but let me add to it.

Wonderful, the depth and utility of it is truly impressive. I assume you are using it as a resume'.

Anyway, thank you for a wonderful and very polished front end that is truly worthy of the game.

Comment

Originally posted by nfleming View Post
                            I'm sure you have received lots of praise for MapMixer, but let me add to it.
                            Thank you. Appreciated.

Wonderful, the depth and utility of it is truly impressive. I assume you are using it as a resume'.
                            Hehe. Would be nice to get paid for doing this sort of thing - alas that in itself would be far different than what my experience with MM is. Producing something like MM professionally would perhaps be impossible, due to the fact that often Professional + Money = Compromise. I get a lot of enjoyment from coding MM and I hey, I like the game!

Anyway, thank you for a wonderful and very polished front end that is truly worthy of the game.
                            Ah, but the front end is getting even better - when I finally get Release Candidate one out the door.

This is the new Theme for MM 3.0, which essentially carries across the entire MM UI (including draggable windows that used to be grey):

I'm currently, yet again, 'losing focus' on my end goal and getting side-tracked with the possibility of Character Editing in MM :S Nice, but hey, I really need to actually get v3.0 out!

Comment

Sorry about not giveing you much feedback but the computers been crashing on UT3 so computers been up at the shop.

Comment

Just had a question are you going to match up the video audio input etc menus with the MM style menus?

Comment

Working...
                                X