No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another option is a map for the character selection screen thats almost empty and has a rather plain background for the characters to stand against.It is what people did to get around that anoying thing before. If the map you use for that is quite plain then there shoudnt be much of an issue with file size.

Comment

Originally posted by Kazimira View Post
      Another option is a map for the character selection screen thats almost empty and has a rather plain background for the characters to stand against.It is what people did to get around that anoying thing before. If the map you use for that is quite plain then there shoudnt be much of an issue with file size.
      I agree with this guy.

Comment

I actually had started work on a system where you could customise your character inside a match. An avatar of your character would spawn in front of you and you could walk around it and there'd be a menu to change all the usual bits. I never got around to fully implementing it as I had more important things to do in MM. I'll have to give this topic some more thought...Like everything else, I have many ideas.

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
          I actually had started work on a system where you could customise your character inside a match. An avatar of your character would spawn in front of you and you could walk around it and there'd be a menu to change all the usual bits. I never got around to fully implementing it as I had more important things to do in MM. I'll have to give this topic some more thought...Like everything else, I have many ideas.
          Sweet idea there

Comment

It seems that the bot config has been broken by 2.0.

Shortly, after I got mapmixer awhile back I changed mactom's models so they weren't max out on all the skills and would play as normal bots not some aimbots and the fixes worked. After I installed 2.0 and played a match with them I noticed they were playing at a higher level then all the other bots again so I checked their skills and they were still the way I left them. So I speculated a match next and purposely put them in and my suspicion was definitely true they had better aim, dodged more, more aggressive, you name it they did way better then all the other bots...again. So yeah, the patch broke your bot config.

Comment

Originally posted by Larkin_BUF View Post
              It seems that the bot config has been broken by 2.0.

Shortly, after I got mapmixer awhile back I changed mactom's models so they weren't max out on all the skills and would play as normal bots not some aimbots and the fixes worked. After I installed 2.0 and played a match with them I noticed they were playing at a higher level then all the other bots again so I checked their skills and they were still the way I left them. So I speculated a match next and purposely put them in and my suspicion was definitely true they had better aim, dodged more, more aggressive, you name it they did way better then all the other bots...again. So yeah, the patch broke your bot config.
              I don't think that is proof in itself that something is broken. True, I haven't had time to actually check it but at this stage I wonder how their AI improvements factor into it.

One of the best ways for you to tell is to open the Client Menu and Check the Orders Tab and see what the Attributes are reported in game, as this menu shows not what MapMixer thinks the Bots attributes should be but actually what they are in-game.

eg:

I don't have time to do this now but please have a look and get back to me on how that all compares. If there is a problem I'll look into it.

Comment

Did the test..

The test you gave me seemed to return the numbers I was looking for.

Hmmm.. I must of sucked and then wasn't watching clearly. I guess weirder things have happened. Sorry for the annoyance.

Comment

It's fine, don't worry. Always good to check these things after a major patch. I still will.

Comment

im a new user and wondering if its ok to download and install this to use with the newest 2.0 game patch and titan expansion?

in other words will it mess anything up, and are all features fully functional in 2.0 yet?

One other thing...do i need to back up any .ini or config files before installing this?

Thanks so much for any help!

Comment

Originally posted by BigShott View Post
                      im a new user and wondering if its ok to download and install this to use with the newest 2.0 game patch and titan expansion?

in other words will it mess anything up, and are all features fully functional in 2.0 yet?

One other thing...do i need to back up any .ini or config files before installing this?

Thanks so much for any help!
                      I would recommend that you go to Sinx's site and download the internal beta. It works great with 2.0. You can easily remove the frontend by a simple INI change if you want to go back. Very low risk, very high reward.

Comment

You can also access the Epic-made UI by entering " open UTFrontend.ut3 " into the console at any time.

If you've been running MM prior, it may take control of the map cycle when you attempt to run a map from the default UI, so for best results choose att he MM main menu which UI you want to use first, and go to MM once you're done in the default UI.

Comment

thanks guys, ill take a look at it.

Comment

Originally posted by BigShott View Post
                            thanks guys, ill take a look at it.
                            It's pretty safe to use MM Beta 1 with Patch 2.0 but I'm working as quickly as I can to get Beta 2 out ASAP. If you'd like to try the latest Private Beta (which is also safe), just email me and I'll add you to the Private Beta list.

It is one of my primary intentions (ie Prime Directive) not to do anything with MapMixer that would do any irreversable modifications to any ini files that don't belong to MapMixer and I also prefer people to be able to uninstall MapMixer as easy as possible without causing any damage. This is important to me.

As MB indicated, the only thing you need to do that requires modification to an Epic ini file is changing the Local Map in the UTGame.ini but, as also indicated, it is easy to comment the original line and swap them in and out.

Also, as Shadow Dancer suggested, you can swap between the Epic Menu and the MapMixer one very easily with a console command. I'll probably even add a menu option for it in the MapMixer Main Menu (although anyone can already do this themselves).

MapMixer 3.0 Beta 2 will bring some cosmetic enhancements to make it fit in more with the new Patch 2.0 colour scheme.

...Btw, regarding Patch 2.0 Awards, I'm thinking of adding an option to the Quick Match Launch Menu to launch a match that will not invoke MapMixer, or anything else incompatible with the Awards System, so that Awards can be recognised. This will enable you to launch a match with MapMixer but not utilise any of it's internal in-game functionality, so you'd have to exit back to the Main Menu to utilise MapMixer again. This is something I need to do some more research on, to find out exactly what constitutes a match that is not compatible with the Awards system. Just ideas atm.

Comment

i upgraded from the alpha to beta and missed the option to switch maps in game via Z menu

Comment

It should still be there. You may need to re-bind it.

I just recently discovered the ability to invoke the "Launch Session" UI from in-game at any time...

After a quick bind, X is my new favorite button, and I'm loving how it still displays the game (paused) in the background. Very nice effect.

Forgot to switch bots from Faction to Character? Want to try out that new mutator on this map? X-> change-> launch-> done.

Comment

Working...
                                X