No announcement yet.

MapMixer 3.00 [BETA 1] [Pics]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'll askf or the Beta when I get the patch but i'm wateing till it comes out for the genral playing public.

Comment

OK going to try to get mapmixer working again. I have the patch.

Comment

good the std UI isn't much fun at all - not when your use to MM

Comment

Here's a thread I just started on the MM forum that may be of interest, regarding the Main Menu/Front end.

MM 3.0 Beta 2 is getting close but I just decided to experiment with the Main Menu, as above.

Comment

I like the idea of haveing options of what to do with the main menu. I actaly like the map in the background along with the mapmixer UI.

Comment

UT3 patch is now out! Now gimme some MM lovin'

Comment

Originally posted by sinx View Post
                Here's a thread I just started on the MM forum that may be of interest, regarding the Main Menu/Front end.

MM 3.0 Beta 2 is getting close but I just decided to experiment with the Main Menu, as above.
                The background looks great. It isn't distracting at all. MM 3.00 beta 1 worked just fine with the patch 2.0 as well and by modifying the MapMixer.ini a tad, I was able to get all selectable options for Greed and Betrayal, same as the other standard gametypes.

My problem is that patch 2.0 f*cked over some other elements of UT3 so badly, that I'm going back to 1.3 and I'll most likely have to keep using
                MM 3.00 beta 1, but that's another story & MM can't be blamed for that.

I'll still download the next update of MM, regardless.

Comment

Originally posted by »TheHitMan« View Post
                  UT3 patch is now out! Now gimme some MM lovin'
                  It's close

Originally posted by brdempsey69 View Post
                  The background looks great. It isn't distracting at all.
                  While I know my way around the Unreal Editor is a basic fashion, it was UT99 days since I did any serious work in it, and heck it's different now . I'd be interested to see what an experienced level designer could come up with for a minimalistic, yet interesting background level that has some sense of being in a 3D world and not just a backdrop - and that also keeps a lid on file-size.

MM 3.00 beta 1 worked just fine with the patch 2.0 as well and by modifying the MapMixer.ini a tad, I was able to get all selectable options for Greed and Betrayal, same as the other standard gametypes.
                  Yup, that's the way I like it :] I'll be releasing ini file adjustments for Greed and Betrayal for the next MM beta release.

My problem is that patch 2.0 f*cked over some other elements of UT3 so badly, that I'm going back to 1.3 and I'll most likely have to keep using
                  MM 3.00 beta 1, but that's another story & MM can't be blamed for that.
                  I say this respectfully to Epic because I know how much work goes into UI design, and considering how much flack they got over their original UI, it's going to sound a bit too easy for me to say this, but I'm inclined to agree. I'm not a fan of the new 'carbon fibre' texture and IMHO they perhaps need to re-think some fundamental concepts (although a Bonus Pack/Patch is not enough time for that!). I'd love to totally replace the menus that use it but I ain't got that much time and from what I remember, there's a few menus that utilise native coding.

A lot of people comment that MM is confusing at first. It's really tough to pack in as many features as you can without people fainting when they look at it but I'm pretty happy with what I've been able to achieve in the way I have. Epic have had to make compromises for cross-platform compatibility and they can't risk people looking at too many options and running away as fast as they can, taking their wallets with them. I can afford to risk that because I don't make any money from it

I'll still download the next update of MM, regardless.
                  ...Just remember me when you're playing the Titan Pack, as I'll be slaving away in front of a text editor working hard to bring you MM 3 beta 2. :C

Comment

I still swap back and forth. I use the stock UI for earning Awards and MM for more serious botmatches.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow Dancer View Post
                      I still swap back and forth. I use the stock UI for earning Awards and MM for more serious botmatches.
                      To be honest, I haven't had a chance to properly check out the whole Awards situation (other than to add a link in the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini to the menu). I haven't had much time spare from work and I've far too much to look into atm.

From what others have said in this thread, is there some problem with earning awards and using mutators? Don't you earn awards with mutators enabled or something? What's the story?

Comment

To be honest, I haven't had a chance to properly check out the whole Awards situation (other than to add a link in the UTMapMixerFrontEndUI.ini to the menu). I haven't had much time spare from work and I've far too much to look into atm.

From what others have said in this thread, is there some problem with earning awards and using mutators? Don't you earn awards with mutators enabled or something? What's the story?
                        So far MapMixer, Custom chracters, cheats and non official mutators disable Awards. It's usually visible in the log file when awards get disabled.

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
                          So far MapMixer, Custom chracters, cheats and non official mutators disable Awards. It's usually visible in the log file when awards get disabled.
                          Thanks for that. I can see exactly where they're coming from but it's not particularly useful to the community.

...on a side note, I've been putting in some ever so slightly comical easter eggs into the MM Main Menu. Whether they'll stay or whether people actually find them amusing at all is another question.

Comment

Fortunately it's possible to simply open the old UI from the in-game console from MM, and still earn Awards.

It might be nice to add a link to the old UI on MM's main menu, for just this purpose.

I think it may be possible to play a match through MM that contains no custom mutators, then switch to the old UI and still earn awards, but I'll go check, now.

Hypothesis confirmed true.

I played a match through MM (Dm in Turbine) with only Kills Slow Time active, then opened the old UI through the console and played a match with a mutator active I hadn't used before. Upon checking Award progress, I had recieved credit toward "Spice of Life" for that match.

Comment

...on a side note, I've been putting in some ever so slightly comical easter eggs into the MM Main Menu. Whether they'll stay or whether people actually find them amusing at all is another question.
                              You said that you are making new map for MM Background, right? Does that mean when going to Settings, it won't load 1 minute or longer.

Comment

Originally posted by Pappi_man View Post
                                You said that you are making new map for MM Background, right? Does that mean when going to Settings, it won't load 1 minute or longer.
                                Not sure I know exactly what you are referring to. The UT3 Settings menus are displayed on top of the MM Front End and there shouldn't, as before, be any long wait.

The only thing you will need to wait for is if you are going to Customise your player character. I could create my own areas in the MM level to do this, however this will add to the overall level file size and I quite like the original areas in the standard UT3 Front End. Thus the reason why I perform a level transition to the original UT3 Front End because for the majority of the time I don't think you want the overheads.

Comment

Working...
                                X