• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WAR-Coastal beta [PC]

Name: war-coastal
    Version: beta 3
    Compatibility: Cooked for pc only atm.
    Description: A medium-sized warfare map with 6 nodes and a 2-front link setup.
    Comments: It's mostly finished gameplay wise, I'll get to work on improving the visuals now. Any feedback regarding either is much appreciated.
    Edit: download link fixed
    Download: http://3615tavie.free.fr/maps/Owoc/w...tal-b3a-pc.zip
    Screenshot:
    [shot]http://3615tavie.free.fr/maps/Owoc/coastalb3shot1.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://3615tavie.free.fr/maps/Owoc/coastalb3shot2.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://3615tavie.free.fr/maps/Owoc/coastalb3shot3.jpg[/shot]
    [shot]http://3615tavie.free.fr/maps/Owoc/lakesideb1shot1.jpg[/shot]
    Credits: No content from third parties used.

Woot first post
    Nice map and a very good first map
    **** the link is dead.

Comment

looks and sounds nice!
      downloading now
      cant wait to test it

Comment

i had a few runs on this map, and i gotta say, i really like it, but here are some other things:
        -there is this perfect little island in the south/center of the map, which would be perfect for a redeemer pickup [or something else very powerfull ]

-at the blue base, there is this hill behind it, and there is a tree floating above the ground, i suggest you fix that...
        image:

-at the north-east node, you will see its placed on a small platform. this platform keeps you from walking towards the node: i suggest you fix that, or lower the platform
        screenshot:
        -i also noticed that [at the same node] there is a rock placed behind it, but it allows you to walk into the rock [a few steps], i dont think that was supposed to...

-i noticed some bots walking to the back of the blue base, and trying to walk through the wall [which isnt possible...], i suggest you fix that
        this might be caused by the powercore being too big [which you can see in another screenshot, below]
        screenshot:

-i had a look at the blue base, and noticed that you can only enter it via the front, and not via the back >> it would be nice to have one or two entries to the base, on the higher part of the base [see my screenshot]. and to give that a use for the blue team aswell, you could add little stairs, so they can walk up to one of the entrances on that floor [see the screenshot]
        another thing what would look nice on the base, is making a hole in the roof, so the power core's beam wont penetrate the roof, but go through the hole...
        screenshot:
        on this screenshot you can also see the powercore being to big for the building: its sticking out [its damaged, so it moves a bit]
        and something else you can see [but i didnt mark it], is the floating tree

-when i finished the game, i noticed that a powercore animation was missing, i suggest you fix that:

Comment

Like Coreper was talking about there are some floating tree's and pretty much all the nodes have the problem of the platform sticking above the ground (some of them just have it sticking out in spots) and it stops you from just walking onto the node, you have to jump over that little bit sticking up just to tag the node. I think that would help the map if you would just be able to walk onto the platforms (it's more of an annoyance than anything). I really like the map and look forward to playing more of it. GJ.

Comment

Nice looks it seems to be good, minor bugs or improvements like Coreper say but very good job!

Comment

what a great map, definitely think this will/is my favorite custom map, though i wish the tanks were back in there. hope its up for full release soon

Comment

oh id like to point out, in addition to what coreper pointed out about the core and the building, you can actually damage the core from behind it by hitting a certain spoit on the wall where eventually when its damaged a bit it pokes through, this is for both bases

Comment

3kb per sec is a non download
                  filefront maybe?

Comment

im still waitin for this map to be updated, could really be the best custom for warfare too if it gets finished off right

Comment

Is the final of this coming along? Good map with some great lighting, I hope to see it reach final

Comment

Bump

so whens it going final m8 - only a few days left for MSUC

Comment

Working...
                        X