No announcement yet.

The Haunted - Get early access to the new version by hosting a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hey, i want to thank you for this absolutly awesome mod, the best tc mod so far, everything looks so great. But i hope there will be some fixes, like for the human defender, wich is jumping the whole time on my zombiecrowd, when i spawn 5 or 6 zombues for 75blood per zombie. If there will be those fixes and more content it will be as good as UTIII itself x)

Comment

Okay guys!!! Since this is beta I am hoping you are open to feedback. I am sorry if any of these bugs have already been noticed/pointed out, but here goes:

1. When playing as The Haunted (the human) so far there is one place that i Have found, where the zombies cannot reach you. The ruined tower with the wooden planks with a hole in the middle that falls down to the pit with the burning bodies (hope you know where I am talking about). If you jump over the hole you can stand on the other side, and any zombies that try to get you will just keep falling down the hole.

2. When playing as the Zombie director, if The Haunted gets surrounded by too many zombies then he will end up bouncing around on their heads.

3. When playing as the Zombie director, The Haunted AI also acts a bit weird. He will constantly try to change weapon and he rolls absolutely everwhere. He also seems to get stuck in a loop running back and forth quite often.

Those are the only three things I have noticed though, So good job on an absolutely awesome mod.

All this needs is more content and the mentioned bug fixes. And Mclogenog!!! I didnt realise you were working on this!

Comment

U guys going to create more enemies? If so, create some much weaker zombies to start with... and maybe have a feature to control the way the AI sets up the zombie waves... i'd rather have it be alot of those weaker ones for a much longer time and just skip the guy in the straight jacket and the iron jack guy.

Also, when u kill the minons of hell, when they disappear, b4 doing so, they glow, but then literally just disappear.. no fancy burning of them leaving or nothing (that would be top notch).

Comment

Congrats! Bets TC-Mod So Far, In My Opinion
          Reminds Me Of Resident Evil 4, Gears Of War & Left 4 Dead.

Maybe Add Bosses After 5 Waves, With A Health Bar.

Wen I Say Bosses, I Mean BIG BOSSES.

Comment

Yes, boss battles for sure...

Also, a lull in between waves would be welcome (say 20 to 30 seconds?) to allow u to get away and find a new place to restock up. Though u could make some waves have shorter lulls and others longer.

BUG or annoyance:

Its almost neigh impossible to kill a furion ball with the knife.

Btw, the jump animation is kind of lame.

If u spawn minions far away from the haunted guy... they'll just sort of stop and not go after him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
              Also, a lull in between waves would be welcome (say 20 to 30 seconds?) to allow u to get away and find a new place to restock up. Though u could make some waves have shorter lulls and others longer.
              Agreed, if you run out of ammo later on you're screwed as you can't run away once you start getting attacked.

Comment

Great mod guys! My fav mod so far and I love zombie mods!

Originally posted by Mr.UglyPants View Post
                Btw, the jump animation is kind of lame.
                The sprint animation is the same way, his arms should be up more than to his sides, he looks like a doll when he runs.

~Death Dream~

Comment

Also sprinting should be fast but have only a certain amount before you recharge, also shotty needs some work as I pointed out earlier.

Comment

how do you sprint?

Comment

lol I had the most fun ever, for those of you crazy enough turn on low gravity, quick weapon switch, jurassic rampage, and have fun

Comment

Originally posted by Yongmonrathen View Post
                        how do you sprint?
                        Hold "C" while you're moving.

Comment

This thing runs awesome...
                          Also sometimes if you are reloading and get hit then your character gets in a weird position and only seems to be holding 2 handed weapons with just one.

Also for people who can't load it ... just wait 5 to 10 minutes because the game has to add the mod content info into the shader cache.

Comment

shame that the developers have not been able to play multi yet.. the game looks great. and the systems work...

its just SOOOOOO unbalanced. and quite a few glitches for a V1 (would have expected it to be more like beta quality)

there needs to be some blocking volumes up in on the map also. i found many places where you can camp and just pull out the knife and slice of there heads without fear of getting hit.

I also think for a zombie/monster game that the monsters with ranged attacks are far to accurate and not only that have far to much length on spitting green stuff lol.

the collision models on the monsters could also do with having a cone head. when sorrounded i just jump and u get fly above there heads. and you slowly move to a location where u can jump off safe and you sorted.

all in all i would recommend people to download and play and give feedback to this team. but im sorry to say. at its current state its no more then a hour worth of fun before it gets boring.

good luck in later editions

ALSO i hear alot of people talking about the LONG LONG LONG load time... mine loaded up first time in under 20 seconds....

Comment

Originally posted by Bunnykinx View Post

ALSO i hear alot of people talking about the LONG LONG LONG load time... mine loaded up first time in under 20 seconds....
                              Whats your PC specs then?
                              Just curious bc it does take some time to load info on the Shader cache.

It loaded in less than 5 minutes for me but less than 20sec seems a bit absurd.

Comment

It took my feeble computer over 10 minutes to load the first time around, but it was worth the wait (though, if I didn't know ahead of time that it would take long, I would have likely thought my comp froze).

This is really fun; and once some of the issues are resolved, and more functionality is added, this could be awesome.

To beat a dead horse, the jump animation looks pretty wonky and doesn't transition smoothly.

Something I'd love to see is that ability to pick a team - ie, have more than one Haunted. It's too easy to be the monsters, and too difficult to be the Haunted, so, if anything, there should be more Haunted, not more monsters.

Comment

Working...
                                X