No announcement yet.

The Haunted - Get early access to the new version by hosting a server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Does anyone know if there's a manual reload button?
    It's a pain having 1 shell left and a bunch of enemies approaching, you have to either waste the shot so you can reload or reload while an enemy is near.
    The usual culprits (R, etc) don't seem to do it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Evil View Post
      Great fun. Are there any servers up yet? I couldn't see any on the browser.

I would like to suggest that Shift be the default sprint key, since that is what is used in normal UT3 to go faster in spectator mode.

I think that zombies should be much tougher and slower. At the moment all the monsters seem to be quite fast - there needs to be some type of monster that is easy to evade, but dangerous when you're surrounded by a horde of them i.e. the cheap ones.
      I can see why they used C, well at least I think they planned it. Anyways double tapping crouch makes you stay in crouch mode. Same with the sprint, double tapping it makes you run by default.

Originally posted by DazJW View Post
      Does anyone know if there's a manual reload button?
      It's a pain having 1 shell left and a bunch of enemies approaching, you have to either waste the shot so you can reload or reload while an enemy is near.
      The usual culprits (R, etc) don't seem to do it.
      Yup needs reload button, currently you need to empty you clip...

Btw is it somehow possbile to become a normal ut character via console command or something. One problem with maps like this, non of the muts wanna work and cant get in "other" weapons like sentinel etc. I just like testing out muts with each other and experimenting.

Comment

Very good start

The visuals, weapons, ammo, players & horde of zombies is nicely done The atmosphere is awesome and very "Resident Evil", you truly reach the goal in this regard.

Still, in future release, I hope that :

1) Have the possibility to assign keys directly in the UI instead of editing the INI.

2) The zombies are quite fast and should be a little bit slower IMO.

3) The player is to slow, moving slower than a turtle...adding speed a bit won't hurt.

4) Graphics are good looking but need some polishing/alignments at some places. Since this is a beta and you already mention that you will work on that later, I won't details them.

In all, nice work, keep it up

Comment

I got the download link for Fileplanet finally here it is http://www.fileplanet.com/192800/190...-Haunted-v1.01

Comment

Originally posted by HideInLight View Post
            I can see why they used C, well at least I think they planned it. Anyways double tapping crouch makes you stay in crouch mode. Same with the sprint, double tapping it makes you run by default.

Yup needs reload button, currently you need to empty you clip...

Btw is it somehow possbile to become a normal ut character via console command or something. One problem with maps like this, non of the muts wanna work and cant get in "other" weapons like sentinel etc. I just like testing out muts with each other and experimenting.
            man it hart too be you lol (and i am so happy i am not like you) sry but you alwase seems too find thing that are wrong with the map or mod but you got some good points there like alwas

Comment

Well there's no point him posting "W00T IT AM AWESUM11" because the devs get nothing from that, it's alot better to criticise constructively and help them improve it...

Comment

Unless the criticisms are in l33t, like t3h z0m31e$ !$ t00 fa$T... lol

Comment

Thanks for all the feedback so far guys!

Regarding the reload button. Just press fire when the weapon is not aimed to reload your gun.

Comment

Got a few annoyances.

All self explanatory.

Also, can someone please tell me, when your in the spawn demons mode, i once was able to gain control of one of the demons... how do u do it (can't figure it out again)?

Comment

You right click instead of left click to spawn a demon and become it, also to leave it press E but be warned you can not go back in maybe something else to try

Comment

Just got ut3 for ps3 and was wandering if this mod will ever be able to work on the ps3? Looks alsome great job

Comment

really liked this mod. however I would like to know if you can be more than one haunted. Survival games like these are even more fun when playing cooparativly. Doesn't have to be in the next release, just give me the command or whatnot for an ini or something.

Comment

Super MOD , I'm liking it a lot. This shows what can be done with the tools.
                            I especially like the blood and gore.

Well done guys

@HEGI

Are you the HEGI from the "Faceoff" game for ut2004. That was also great.

Comment

Here are two gameplay videos with audio (though it's not quite as good quality as in the game).

4:30 of Human gameplay.
                              1:35 of "Zombie Master" gameplay.

Comment

Did ya guys see the bugs and stuff i've found.

Also Haunted team.. any chance of adding a MG (Machinegun) to the weapons, possibly a second assault rifle (an AK?... more powerful but less range.)

Are you guys going to make more than just 1 map?

Also, consider maybe having a seperate mod (side-mod) where its just the haunted fighting other haunted... Cause that would be effing awesome.

Comment

Working...
                                X