No announcement yet.

UTComp: Competitive Mutator V 3 B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yea i think he is reading the bug reports, just not replying to them because it looks like he might have fixed the ammo pickup bug we reported. the problem is, even though its a really nice mutator with some features i'd like to use, there seem to be too many other bugs to take a chance with it right now...

Comment

Not trying to hijack a post but we are getting crazy lag with ping compensation turned on and random server crashes. Here is the start line

DM-Deck-FPS?mutator=utcomp3v3b4.UTMutator_utcomp3v3b4,UT3S tats.UT3Stats,UTGame.UTMutator_FriendlyFire,UTGame .UTMutator_WeaponReplacement,UTGame.UTMutator_Weap onsRespawn?MaxPlayers=8?MinNetPlayers=1?numplay=0? bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?bUsesStats =True?bUsesArbitration=False?GameMode=4?GoalScore= 0?TimeLimit=20?EnableWarmup=999?PureServer=1?Diffi culty=5?ForceRespawn=1?BotSkill=4?Game=UTGame.UTTe amGame?AdminPassword=********
      Can someone tell me what settings you have in the .INI that are stable.

thanks,

Comment

Originally posted by Tgunz View Post
        Not trying to hijack a post but we are getting crazy lag with ping compensation turned on and random server crashes. Here is the start line

DM-Deck-FPS?mutator=utcomp3v3b4.UTMutator_utcomp3v3b4,UT3S tats.UT3Stats,UTGame.UTMutator_FriendlyFire,UTGame .UTMutator_WeaponReplacement,UTGame.UTMutator_Weap onsRespawn?MaxPlayers=8?MinNetPlayers=1?numplay=0? bShouldAdvertise=True?bIsDedicated=True?bUsesStats =True?bUsesArbitration=False?GameMode=4?GoalScore= 0?TimeLimit=20?EnableWarmup=999?PureServer=1?Diffi culty=5?ForceRespawn=1?BotSkill=4?Game=UTGame.UTTe amGame?AdminPassword=********
        Can someone tell me what settings you have in the .INI that are stable.

thanks,
        I had the same problem on LAN, the skins also kept changing, Didn''t feel any lag with two persons though. As soon as the 3rd one came it the whole network got brought to a halt. Check out your log file My Games\unreal tournament 3\UTGame\Logs
        Best thing to do is to turn it off atm.

Comment

http://gearsforums.epicgames.com/sho...d.php?t=637739

Try the RC version seems to have fixed most problems relating to the lag

Comment

Thanks for the info on the RC version HideInLight. I have installed and tested it on my clans server. However I'm still getting massive errors in the logs when I run it. The Errors are all "Duplicate Net Index" errors as has been the case with every version of this mutator.

It continues to carry over the mutators from one gametype to the next gametype voted on. Not only does it still carry over mutators but I just happened to notice, for the first time, that it also carries over server settings. Our server is set to DM as it's default gametype and during my test I started the server and played a little DM. All was well with the server and the logs at first. Then I voted for 1v1 (duel) which is set in the game.ini to wait for players. UTComp switched over to 1v1 just as it was supposed to and I sat there waiting. No one came in so I voted for DM once again. When it switched over to DM it came up with "waiting for players" once again. So that means UTcomp carries over server settings as well as mutators from one gametype to the next which is even a bigger problem than before.

Since it carries over the mutators it add's those to whatever mutators the new gametype has and if the new gametype has some of the same mutators as the last gametype did then you get "Duplicate Net Index" errors out the ****. When our server is running without UTComp it would take 2 or 3 months to generate a 600kb log file but with UTComp I managed the feat in under 10 minutes. I can just imagine how many gigabytes the log file would be if I kept this thing running for a week. I have a funny feeling my server host would send me nasty emails about storage space. The easy answer here is to turn off the log file but that doesn't get rid of the other problem it just does away with server logging and I'm not about to do that.

This will not work for our server nor could I imagine it would work for anyone with multiple gametypes, each with their own mutators. I've mentioned this bug over and over again but still it's not fixed and here we are at a release cadidate. It's far from being ready for release if you can't vote on a new gametype without dragging over all the previous gametype's mutators and settings.

If you don't ever plan to change gametypes or if every gametype has the exact same mutators then UTComp might work for you as long as you turn off your server logs. If you do plan on using it to change gametypes then good luck. I guess gametype voting in UT3 will remain a pipe dream since there doesn't seem to be anyone able to code such a beast that actually works correctly. BiaVote is the only other option at the moment and it does the same thing. BiaVote has a decent excuse though since no one seems to be working on it anymore unlike UTComp which keeps getting updated but never fixed.

Comment

Working...
            X