UTComp: Competitive Mutator V 3 B4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UTComp: Competitive Mutator V 3 B4

Name:Competitive mutator V3 Beta4 (last beta)
    Version:Beta 4
    Compatibility:Ut3 any patch
    Description:adds competitive features for Pro Players and Tournaments online - offline - Lanparty
    Comments:One of the best mutators available
    Screenshot:
    Credits: Faust
    Homepage: http://www.unrealnorth.com/blog.php?...857&tBlog=user
    Download: http://www.unrealnorth.com/blog.php?...857&tBlog=user

Out new version of the UT Competitive Mutator:

beta4:
    -added spectator view switch by left mouse.
    -added "join" button for spectator.
    -added autopause voting.
    -added on/off ping compensation switch for self.
    -added kickvoting through menu.
    -added brightskins in demo.
    -one spectator now can vote.
    -fixed bug when player dont change team, and team beacon on dead in demoplay.
    -fixed bugs with pickup ammo when enabled ping compensation.
    -again fixed bug with drop weapon :b

Download here:

http://www.unrealnorth.com/blog.php?...857&tBlog=user

Jajaja i agree with the comment, i love UTComp Since ut2004 its the best mut for lan partys, as always great job

BTW your download link and Homepage its the same :P

Comment

Thanks for posting Supertez, I will test it tonight.

Comment

Wow "last beta" seems pretty confident for a mutator that still has so many bugs in it. I just tested it and it still fills my log file with errors. It still carries mutators over from one gametype to the next. When you switch to a new gametype the HUD disappears and you have to disconnect and reconnect to get it back. The Duplicate Netindex errors in the logs are so numerous it's amazing it's even working at all. I still can't use this mutator nor would I reccommend it to anyone until those problems are ironed out. You know if Faust were to work with beta testers he might be aware of the bugs and then could fix them but since he's not listening to the people who are using this mutator then I'm afraid the final version will still be chulk full or bugs. That's pretty sad because it looks so nice and would offer a whole bunch of cool features.

Comment

Both my servers log files are clean ?

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
            Both my servers log files are clean ?
            Are you running just standard gametypes and do they each have seperate mutators to load?

Try this: Add a new votable gametype or simply copy one that's already in the UTComp3 ini and add a few mutators to it. Restart the server and go into that new gametype with all the mutators. Then when you are in the game vote for a gametype without all those mutators. Then you too will have full error logs and see Duplicate Netindexes. You will also see how the mutators from the first gametype carry over to the next gametype.

I only need UTComp3 for it's votable gametypes, that's all I even care about yet it's the one function that does not work properly.

It's not my settings because all I have loading from the command line is UTComp3 so it's definately a problem with UTComp3 that everyone will be able to see. Not only that if I run the server with any of my command lines that are in the UTComp3 ini it runs smooth as a kitten with no errors at all. I've even tried removing all my mutators and just running UTComp3 and still it fills the logs so I guess it just must be my magical copy of UT3?

Comment

Can you post your log and problems to the homepage blog please? so that Faust will work on it!

Comment

Originally posted by Supertez View Post
                Can you post your log and problems to the homepage blog please? so that Faust will work on it!

I have already posted a link to my log files over on the beta3 blog at unrealnorth and I got no response. I also posted a list of other problems but got no response to that either. I suppose I could post it up again for the beta4 blog but really the problems are exactly the same as they were with beta3. So if Faust was reading the beta3 blog then he's already seen the problems I'm pointing out.

Here's the blog page with my comments: http://www.unrealnorth.com/blog.php?...848&tBlog=user

From what I can tell there's a problem when you go from one gametype to the next. UTComp3 doesn't seem to clear out the mutators from the previous gametype so they are still there for the next one. That would explain the Duplicate Netindex errors because it's trying to run some of the mutators twice. Then when you vote a third or forth gametype the problem grows even bigger. If you run the server for a 24 hour period then check the log it can grow as big as 4 gigabytes or larger. I won't bother trying to post up a 4 gigabyte log file due to it's massive size but the one I posted for the beta3 blog has enough info in it to get the point across I think.

Comment

Bella segnalazione Tez

Comment

Yeah JD8 I'm not trying to do configurations across gametypes so I guess that's why my log is clean. Hope you get your problems resolved.

I found a bug last night with this version. The only way to have kick voting enabled is to have the advanced voting option set to true in the ini file. Kick voting isn't part of the advanced voting options it has it's own enable. But setting bEnableKickvoting to true won't work unless advanced voting options is also set to true.

Comment

Originally posted by Taffy View Post
                      Yeah JD8 I'm not trying to do configurations across gametypes so I guess that's why my log is clean. Hope you get your problems resolved.
                      Yeah I can't even think about using this mutator until those issues are fixed. It's a shame cause this thing has so many cool features that I'd love to use. Mainly my clan just needs the gametype voting because we only have one UT3 server and several gametypes we'd like to run so that the players can vote for them and not have to hunt down an admin. UT3 has decent map voting so that's not to important but it's nice to have it in UTComp3 anyway.

Comment

We used it Yesterday in a Official TDM European Cup Match and 2 duel Euro Cup matches with no problems at all

Comment

Originally posted by Supertez View Post
                          We used it Yesterday in a Official TDM European Cup Match and 2 duel Euro Cup matches with no problems at all
                          And it works great for me too until I change to a new gametype. Maybe I'm not being clear enough, let me try to explain this better.

If you have mutators in the UTComp3 ini on a gametype then when you start the server those mutators will load and everything is fine. The logs even look great at that point. Then while you are in the game vote on another gametype that doesn't have all of the same mutators and the ones from the first gametype will carry over to the new gametype.

For instance my clans server has the relics mutator on our Deathmatch gametype but not on our BomingRun gametype. If we start the server and play DM the relic mutator works just as it should but if we vote on BomingRun the relics appear in that gametype as well. They should not be there at all since it's not on the BR gametype commandline within the UTComp3 ini. How in the heck can a mutator get in a gametype that isn't on the command line if something isn't wrong with UTComp3. Explain that and I'll shut up.

In addition to that it appears that if the first gametype has a certain mutator that also exists in the second gametype that you vote for UTComp3 will try to run the same mutator twice. This is the bug that creates all the Duplicate Netindexes that you can clearly see in the log I posted over on the UTcomp3 blog at UnrealNorth. It cannot be a problem with any of my 3rd party mutators because I've run UTComp3 with nothing but stock UT3 mutators with the same results.

If I don't use mutators and don't ever change gametypes I guess UTComp3 works great but what the heck would I need it for then if I can't ever play another gametype without the mutators from one gametype bleeding into another? I assume you used just the TDM gametype during your match and did not vote for a different one with different mutators. If that's the case you would not have seen the problems I'm talking about.

I'm not a coder or programmer so I couldn't even suggest where to look for this bug or what might be going wrong but it does seem clear to me that somehow UTComp3 does not clear out mutators from one gametype to the next. This is a major bug that will keep many people from using this program if it isn't fixed.

Comment

Ok below I have posted two of the gametypes in my UTComp3 ini. The first on is DM and the second one is BR.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VotingGametypes=(GametypeClass="UTGame.UTDeathmatc h",GameTypeName="DeathMatch",MapList=("DM"),ExtraO ptions="?EnableBrightSkins=1?EnableArmorStacking=1 ?Numplay=6?Mutator=UTMutator_FreeFOV.UTMutator_FreeFOV,JumpMod.JumpMo d,ApocMatrixMoves_v300.MutApocMatrixMoves,TalkingI con.TalkingIconMut,ServerAdverts.ServerAdverts,UTG ame.UTMutator_WeaponReplacement,BattleMOD.BattleMO D,MutTranslocatorPlus.MutTranslocatorPlus,RelicMad ness.UTMutator_XRelics")

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VotingGametypes=(GametypeClass="BombingRun.UTBRGam e",GameTypeName="BomingRun",MapList=("BR"),ExtraOp tions="?EnableBrightSkins=1?EnableArmorStacking=1? Numplay=2?numbots=1")

Notice how the BR gametype has no mutators at all. If I play DM then vote for BR all the mutators from DM will load for BR. They should not do this! Then if I vote to go back to DM it will load all the DM mutators again so it's trying to run them twice causing the Duplicate Netindex errors that fills my logs. To me it seems that there should be a way for UTComp3 to clear out the mutators between gametypes so that these problems don't happen.

Comment

Supertez, I posted a comment over on the blog4 page, hopefully Faust will see it.

Comment

Working...
                              X