X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

UnWheel2 Vehicles beta release

UnWheel2 Vehicles:
    Beta:
    A race map with the 10 UnWheel2 vehicles included. To see your speed, I know no other way besides typing showdebug using the console.
    [http://files.filefront.com/DM+UW2+Fl...fileinfo.html:

Woot first post
    Nice job man I am looking forward to using them.
    Do you know if it is vehicle replacer compatible or even bot compatible?

Comment

Now if I could just set up my PC...

Comment

Could you please post a screenshot or two?

(Also: you forgot to close the bold tag in the OP )

Comment

Are you sure:P

Comment

I like this mod, it reminds me of the game 'GRID,' but with a lot of colour.

Camera needs improving
            Make each vehicle different, individual, by status, like speed, handling e.t.c

Comment

cool mod you done it costumcars in ut3 and a race type the car model look great (will the cars have costumsounds) good work on it thx

Comment

Custom sounds alone won't help much The use of a curve instead of gear ratios for the transmission makes them sound pretty much alike; very flat sounding.

Comment

I swear if I can put sentinels on these things I will reenact Death Race!!!!

Comment

Omg yes yes yes
                    put this in MSUC PART 2 you will be competeing againts captain snarf
                    Now i shall wait for download instructions...

Edit:NVM

Comment

You guys have done some amazing work so far, keep it up. The camera and handling definitely need some work though.

Comment

will this work on the ps3? either way nice work, it looks really fun

Comment

Yea, I know the camera is terrible I haven't had much luck getting a coder who can write the code we need for follow cam and such. CaptainSnarf helped write the UW2Vehicle code. Michael Buettner, know as Squizmek1 on this forum, the developer of the great mod Snowreal, has given UnWheel2 enough gametype code to get us running! but, untill then...

Steven

Edit: This hasn't been cooked for PS3

Comment

very nice and **** good job on the details of the vehicles and the map.

the control of the vehicles have a good feeling for racing cars but it was not possible to brake them, only to slow them down. braking would be a great help to get more control of them in curves etc. for example controlling the scorpion/hellbender is a lot better with use of the brake.

i also found a bug were i get stuck/out of world with the vehicle: i picked up a vehicle, then boosted it a few times and drove directly in the first curve. there i got stuck in the outercurve and the vehicle seemed to stuck inside the wall.

also the sky (which looks very nice ) would look a lot better if u increase the skydome a few times more. the proportion of the skydome to the map should be like a big tent to a disk where the map is only a disk inside that tent.

Comment

aLeX, good points. Just for fun, when you enter the map, go to the console and type showdebug . This will bring up alot of info, they only one you will be interested in is speed in MPH. You can get up to 300 MPH! Going that fast takes longer to slow down. (The stock game vehicles won't go much over sixty.) The other thing you are fighting is MaxSteerAngleCurve. This code limits how far the wheels will turn at certain speeds, and this helps and hurts the vehicles. If you turned FULL left at 300 MPH you would lose control, so the MaxSteerAngleCurve code limits how far the wheels turn, gaining more control. The part that hurts, it that at extreme speed you cannot turn the wheels enough to make the turn
                              I am interested in what the response is to this part of the vehicle's control. The default game code allows NO turning with full turbo, but I removed that restriction. I also increased how far the wheels can turn at high speed. Does this need increased even more?

Steven

Comment

Working...
                              X