credits
    ------------------------

Title : CTF-FaceClassic3b1-3
    Version : 1.3
    Date Compiled : 9/8/2k8
    Filename : CTF-FaceClassic3b1-3.ut3
    Author(s) : dave"[pbg]BlockHead"neun and Mr.Ferroni
    Email Address : pbg.blockhead@gmail.com

Other levels by BlockHead: ONS-[pbg]GodsSandBoxNightFinal, ONS-TheHouse[pbg]Remix, ONS-[pbg]RunAmukJunior, VCTF-[pbg]-Crown-Of-ThornZ, VCTF-[pbg]-LegoSpaceBase2k6
    CTF-[pbg]Head2HeadPinBallWarz, VCTF-[pbg]-DayAfterNext, VCTF-WS-SixBridges, VCTF-[pbg]LegoSpamBox, vCTF-HostilityArena2k4 and ut3 versions.
    Props to : Epic, Mr.Ferroni for starting this project, The people on Epic forums who tried to help him, the people feeding back it
    is always appreciated. Smiley
    Beta testors : [pbg]Fubar, WoLvErInE.. anyone else contributing feedback toward this project.

================================================== ==============
    Play Information
    ------------------------

Game : Unreal Tournament 3
    Level Name : FaceClassic3b1-3
    Single Player : yes
    Compatibility : ut3 retail
    New Sounds : none
    New Textures : only team textures I could not find in the editor
    New StaticMeshes/Models : none
    NewUnrealScript : none

HighDetail settings : no

Know bugs : none
    Recommended players : 1-24

Construction
    ------------------------

Editor used : u-ed and photoshop mostly
    Construction Time : 48 hours so for of my time, still not sure for Mr.Ferroni

Installation
    ------------------------

add the .ut3, LOC_int.upk & the .ini files to:

C:\My Documents\My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\UTGame\Published\CookedPC\CustomMaps

================================================== =============-
    Description
    ------------------------

Face Classic

Copyright / Permissions
    ------------------------

Other authors may NOT use this level/Mod as a base to build additional levels/Mods.
    Custom Textures may not be used without authors permission.

You are NOT allowed to commercially exploit this level/Mod, i.e. put it on a CD
    or any other electronic medium that is sold for money without my explicit
    permission!

You MAY distribute this level through any electronic network (internet,
    FIDO, local BBS etc.), provided you include this file and leave the archive
    intact, and do not charge a fee for access to this file.

----------------------

PC UPDATED DOWNLOAD

PS3 UPDATED DOWNLOAD

first beta run test, fixed a couple textures already because of this video they are included in this build also.

- Things to look for-
    Please let me know if you get hung up on any geometry because it was made in an unusual manor.
    Please let me know if you have found any missing textures as I had to re-texture 75% of everything and I think I got it all but if not please don't hesitate to post a screenie of something I missed.
    Please let me know if you get hung up anywhere at all with regards to falling off the sides or in the middle holes.
    Please let me know if there is any weird A.I. behaviors so I can attempt to address that as well.
    Thank you with regards to any help in these areas.

- A Little Background-
    This map was originally started by Mr.Ferroni. He said he had copied and pasted90% of what was in it from a ut3Bonus pack but could not get it to cook. After a few People in the community tried to help him out I made an attempt and realized the reason was because there were two packages that were problematic. After rebuilding without the dependencies on the two packages it would cook fine. Only problem was this left no terrain bridge, no team colors, and no main textures on the buildings. He then offered it up to anyone willing to develop the map. At this point I decided to go ahead and finish it and started on what I was hoping to be a 10-15 hour fix and finish...lol. Well 45-46 hours and 3 days later, after creating 8 team colored textures, porting in the terrain from Face Classic 2k4 and then wrapping the top of it with a new terrain layer in ut3 I am finally to release it in Beta form.. whew.

- Left to finish-
    Possible gameplay tweaks
    Possible Blocking tweaks on the edges of the terrain (I have not fully tested yet)
    a whole lot more meshes as far as grass etc. (these will be re-textured to be black for atmosphere).
    more tentacles to give more creepy atmosphere
    and the proper map music (current is a quick fix until I import the wave).
    Rocking Skyzone????????? >>> is this possible anymore?? I've seen asteroid belts, but not whole sky's yet. // fixed thanks for the info ShadeMistress

- additional credits-
    ShadeMistress
    Syphix
    VoodooMaster
    WoLvErInE
    and anyone else whom tried to help with this project

[pbg]Fubar
    For testing, you rock fu!

Looks promising, I'll let you know when I test it later tonight...

Comment

Originally posted by Bret Hart View Post
      Looks promising, I'll let you know when I test it later tonight...
      Thanks I am honored man, let me know what you think I value your opinion.

Comment

**** I knew I should have released mine yesterday. >.>
        Been working on my own 'classic' face.
        I probably will later anyways though. As ours look completely different other than the base towers.

Anyways, congrats.

Comment

Looks good, ill d/l in abit, as for the rocking skydome, i think it can be accomplished through movers,matinee and kismet. Just make all the stuff movers, make the matinee for it, and connect that to a level start up event.

Comment

just had a run through it real quick found few things.
            (1)you fall through the static mesh behind blue base, i don't think you have collision set. (2) the rocks on the sides of the base, you can see right through them, maybe add blocking volume.
            (3) smooth out the terrain in front of the bases.
            (4) you have some weird texture stretching on the edge of the terrain , and some grass thats just sticking up and not looking right.

anyways i'll have another run through it later. keep up the good work, looks good so far

Comment

I dont know what you mean by a rocking skyzone, but like it was said in the thread, just a few matinee events tied to a level start and looped should get you whatever you want to move to stay moving for the entirety of the match, if you were a little bit more specific (I don't remember what you're trying to replicate) I could walk ya through it.

Also I BEG of you, don't overdo the tentacles.

Comment

Originally posted by WoLvErInE View Post
                just had a run through it real quick found few things.
                (1)you fall through the static mesh behind blue base, i don't think you have collision set. (2) the rocks on the sides of the base, you can see right through them, maybe add blocking volume.
                (3) smooth out the terrain in front of the bases.
                (4) you have some weird texture stretching on the edge of the terrain , and some grass thats just sticking up and not looking right.

anyways i'll have another run through it later. keep up the good work, looks good so far
                cool thanks for pointing that out, it has only been tested once and i suspect only from the red team .
                I just did a run through with normal gravity so I could test all the edges and they seem good. The terrain needs dressing up still as I was saying it still needs more grass which also needs to be turned black. the stretched terrain on the edges is intentional and will be hidden partially by vines and tentacles but it is ultimately supposed to look like more of the vine look spilling over. lol it is not easy to model with terrain as you cannot cut it exactly the way you want so you need to hide the squares ya know. Hopefully I will achieve this by the next release, though I might throw a quick patch on the blocking and smooth the grass bump at the entry that you have pointed out and re upload it as that is really annoying IMHO.

thanks for feeding back

edit: I rebuilt it to fix the blocking issue, oddly the blocking from the original map was indeed there. though I still would spawn or fall waist deep into it. I just added collision to the statics properties and it seems to have no problem. Thank you for pointing that out. I also addressed the terrain somewhat, though I am not by any means content to call is done. As far as the rocks blocking was/is enabled but there is one rock only partially effected by this for some reason. I did a quick fix on that as well which I will make better for the next release. Need a couple days for life and I can then start working on that.

Originally posted by Kirby4life0 View Post
                I dont know what you mean by a rocking skyzone, but like it was said in the thread, just a few matinee events tied to a level start and looped should get you whatever you want to move to stay moving for the entirety of the match, if you were a little bit more specific (I don't remember what you're trying to replicate) I could walk ya through it.

Also I BEG of you, don't overdo the tentacles.
                hehehehe.. don't worry man the bulk of the tentacles are in though I would like to play with matinees to see if I can trigger their movement or appearance ( by that I mean make them appear and go away). My ultimate goal is to do this map justice as I see it as a classic.

Rocking sky-zone was an unreal 2 way to make the sky spin. In the 2k4 version of face classic the sky would spin around in circles which was a big part of the map IMHO. It played with your senses in an odd manner, giving some people a dizzy feeling. To me that needs to happen for this map if it is at all possible. The mover thing I am semi suspicious of I must admit however due to the nature of static meshes and some of them spinning in different directions etc. I say this with regards to if you have several things selected and then try to spin them. Sometimes it works perf sometimes not and there is an awful lot of items in the sky box to spin. I am going to look into the things mentioned for sure though for sure because again that was a lot to do with Face.

Comment

One way to do the sky is to convert one central object as a mover (InterpActor), most likely the star sphere would be the prime candidate.

Next, go into it's properties and under 'Movement' then 'Physics' Change it from "PHYS_Interpolating" to "PHYS_Rotating."

Also under Movement, change the rotation rate to something else to get it rolling (Roll=0.25, Pitch=-1.125, Yaw=2.45 for an example).

Write down or otherwise keep track of the name of this InterpActor.

Now, change all of the other sky-related meshes to Movers as well.

While keeping all of these meshes (now InterpActors) selected, go into their properties and go to the "Attachment" tab.

Tick the "bHardAttach" property to be true, this will make the mesh lock permanently in place in relation to the "Base Mesh."

Okay, now in the "Base" section (also under "Attachments"), type in the name of the Star Sphere mesh and all of these meshes are now attached and will rotate with the skydome.

Now you have a rotating skydome that requires absolutely no Kismet at all.

Viola! Go test it and make sure all is going right.

I did this with my StratusFear map and it worked a treat. If you do run into an issue with an item "popping" over to an incorrect position on match startup, try deleting out the Base Mesh name and typing it in again... sometimes changing too many at a time will screw up one or two, but it's easily fixed.

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
                    One way to do the sky is to convert one central object as a mover (InterpActor), most likely the star sphere would be the prime candidate.

Next, go into it's properties and under 'Movement' then 'Physics' Change it from "PHYS_Interpolating" to "PHYS_Rotating."

Also under Movement, change the rotation rate to something else to get it rolling (Roll=0.25, Pitch=-1.125, Yaw=2.45 for an example).

Write down or otherwise keep track of the name of this InterpActor.

Now, change all of the other sky-related meshes to Movers as well.

While keeping all of these meshes (now InterpActors) selected, go into their properties and go to the "Attachment" tab.

Tick the "bHardAttach" property to be true, this will make the mesh lock permanently in place in relation to the "Base Mesh."

Okay, now in the "Base" section (also under "Attachments"), type in the name of the Star Sphere mesh and all of these meshes are now attached and will rotate with the skydome.

Now you have a rotating skydome that requires absolutely no Kismet at all.

Viola! Go test it and make sure all is going right.

I did this with my StratusFear map and it worked a treat. If you do run into an issue with an item "popping" over to an incorrect position on match startup, try deleting out the Base Mesh name and typing it in again... sometimes changing too many at a time will screw up one or two, but it's easily fixed.
                    nice.. this will work nicely. I was conserned about having many planes and objects all rotating on different planes was what was killing my thought process. This is a great solution, set one plane and lock all other planes to it .

thanks ShadeMistress

Comment

yeah, shademistress is right about the rotating skydome(universe). you have to "hard-attach" all environmental elements to the rotating skydome.
                      I also did my personal "classic" version of Face a while ago, and (apart from the asteroid belt) i added some rocks spinning around the level, and also rotating aroun their axis. I hard-attached them to the skydome, and later i added rotating speed to some rocks, in order to make them spin.
                      i'll create a thread for it...

Comment

the rocking skyzone is fixed, thanks shade mistress. I dont really see a reason for a tutorial though. What she has posted is fine and worked and it is a rarely used.

Comment

Working...
                        X