X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

War Tropic Gunfire -temp name-

Name:Tropic Gunfire -temp name-
    Version:too early to tell
    Description: A large outdoor island based map consisting of 5 major islands and 10 smaller ones. Major and some smaller islands are connected by bridges (some much like that seen on suspense). Though there will be a large role played by flying vehicles, tanks and such do play a role as well but will find it only possible to go one by one across the bridges. Power Cores will be set atop of high mountain like islands.
    Comments:Mmm well it's still early but wanted to share what I got so far, though I'm having an odd issue that the further I go from a terrain the more it sinks and distorts, looks strange to see a power core floating in mid air. Any help would be appreciated. Also comments and ideas are always appreciated as well.
    Screenshot:
    Credits: Thanks go to the usual, me, Epic for all the fun stuff they loaded on the game, and the tutorials at Hourences Community Site.

If you turn down the Max Tesselation Level on the terrain to about 2, it won't deform as badly. This will, however, have a slight impact on performance if you don't take care to occlude some large chunks of terrain at a time with meshes or even brushes.

looks like a nice start, but it looks enormous. I'll keep an eye out for the download

Comment

Originally posted by ShadeMistress View Post
      If you turn down the Max Tesselation Level on the terrain to about 2, it won't deform as badly. This will, however, have a slight impact on performance if you don't take care to occlude some large chunks of terrain at a time with meshes or even brushes.

looks like a nice start, but it looks enormous. I'll keep an eye out for the download
      ah thanks for the tip, I'll try it out. The scale of this map is planned to be enormous, want something to feel like a real battle, something huge, ya know what I mean?

Comment

Working...
      X