Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera Control - adjust vehicle camera distance with the mouse wheel [2009-04-19]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I love you Xyx. In a straight way ofcourse.

Comment

Update. Version 2.0 released. No changes from 1.4.

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
      Confirmed that the Stealthbender seems to be working now. Offline and online.
      Good enough for me.

Also confirm that the online camera-wiggling of the Nemesis lowered mode seems to be gone. However, can also confirm that the looksteering in that mode is in fact kinda sluggish.
      I'll take it. Might tweak that sometime if I ever get a private server running.

sometimes when you get in a vehicle, and attempt to scroll Out to a view that is farther away .. you can't do it, until you scroll In first. AND, your first scroll In, will first take you Out, and then your next scroll In will actually go In.
      Odd. Haven't noticed that myself, but I probably already had all the values already saved in my config before I hopped on your server.

Could you confirm it does that offline as well? Just rename/delete your Config\UTCameraControl.ini.

Would be cool if this also applied to the turrets.
      They have altfire zoom. Well, technically, so do the Nemesis and Goliath... Noted for when/if I get back to it.

Would be a slicker presentation perhaps, if this did not show up on list of available mutators when I have not selected a vehicle game type.
      There's a Darkwalker in Heatray, so what is "not a vehicle gametype" these days?

as I mentioned yesterday in the ClassicVCTF thread, would be nice if the two were compatible.
      I don't understand why they wouldn't be compatible. Hmm... seems to be a slight problem with my source code... I'll have a look, but no promises.

Comment

this mod its great
        but i still strang epic havend done some thing with it
        i play with that mod and the game speed is faster or it that just me

Comment

Originally posted by coolcat22 View Post
          the game speed is faster or it that just me
          That is just you.

Comment

yeah it was just me

Comment

I've been using this mutator for a long time now and am completely happy with it. Yesterday I did notice something with it that I thought I'd mention though. I just installed ONS2.0 on my server and they did mod the vehicles in it to be more like their 2k4 counterparts. I haven't tested the camera view with all the vehicles but I did notice that it doesn't work with their modded scorpion. Is there any chance you can take a look at the ONS2.0 vehicles and maybe get this working with them?

Comment

I think ONS2.0 used my code for the rest of the vehicles, so it's up to them to use it for their Scorpion as well.

Comment

Is it just me or when you enter a vehicle, the view is always first UT3 style, and when you use the mouse wheel, it scrolls from the last position you had? Resulting in very long zoom outs if you zoom out once, and no changes when you zoom in?

Comment

I believe R.Flagg mentioned something similar. Did you copy over the .ini file when "installing" the mutator?

Comment

Yeap, I dropped everything that was in the archive.
                      Anyway, can't you make it more compatible? It's quite a minor change, but as it requires replacement of all vehicles, it:
                      a) isn't compatible with other vehicle replacement mutators
                      b) isn't compatible with the Steam Achievements
                      Overall, though it's a good mutator, but it's simply not worth it to sacrifice achievements for that

Comment

I can't make it "more compatible". Reacting to mouse input requires replacing the vehicles. Well... maaaybe I could replace the PlayerController instead, but then the mutator wouldn't be compatible with a lot of other other mutators.

The only thing I could theoretically do that wouldn't require any replacement is tweaking the default camera distance. Maybe doubling it. But that doesn't really appeal to me.

And don't all mutators disable achievements?

Comment

Nope, not all. Since patch 2.1, only those that have mean executable code do that (for example, MapMixer doesn't block them; I think that neither does my Capture the FLaG/Respawner Mutator).
                          Why can't you input all the default properties for vehicles in the mutator? It might not work online correctly, but it's directed to offline play anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                            Since patch 2.1, only those that have mean executable code do that
                            Then exactly what is and what is not "mean executable code"?

Originally posted by GreatEmerald View Post
                            Why can't you input all the default properties for vehicles in the mutator?
                            Because it takes more than just tweaked defaultproperties to get this to work. Tweaking defaultproperties would only alter the default camera distance and would not let you scroll through the settings.

Comment

Oh right, you included something. Didn't see that earlier. Hmm...
                              I'm not sure what code is disallowed, but replacing all vehicles is surely something that can be used to gain achievements easier, and they don't want this to happen. It seems that spawning GameRules is perfectly fine for them, though...

Comment

Then what's to stop me from adding a GameRule that says "j00 get 4LL @ch13v3m3ntz l0lz0r!11!oneone"?

Comment

Working...
                                X