Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Camera Control - adjust vehicle camera distance with the mouse wheel [2009-04-19]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    You said people could cook these for the PS3.
    Cook, yes, not modify and cook. If you want to release a modified version of my work, please talk to me first.

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
    I couldn't find in your scripts the section assigning the zoom to the mouse wheel.
    It's the AdjustCameraDistance part that gets called when you roll the mouse wheel... or rather, when you activate the Previous Weapon and Next Weapon inputs. Does PS3 have Previous Weapon and Next Weapon inputs?

I used an include file (CameraControl.uci) so I didn't have to copy/paste the same code around. You probably can't see that when you decompile, so I included the source code in the download. That should make it easier for you to work on this.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
      Update to beta 1.1. Epic broke the HUD of all custom vehicles in Patch 2.0 (GG Epic), and I fixed it. Otherwise no changes.

See first post for download.

Please let me know if it works online, so I can promote it to full release.
      Hello again Mr. Xyx.

I noticed your thread in Full Releases still says 1.0, have you still not received feedback from online testing? I'd be willing to put it on my private server today if needed. You could even join me there if you wish.

I have a private server for mod testing that hasn't been much use recently, so I'd be happy to help out if it's needed.

Comment

Very Nice!

Epic left out all kinds of things when they made UT3. Were they really that over paid and lazy? Of course. *shrugs*

THANK YOU XYX! I hope to see this on the hedsteem servers soon.

Comment

Originally posted by R.Flagg View Post
          have you still not received feedback from online testing?
          Nothing. But hold off on that offer... I forgot to include the Stealthbender and I am working on a "better way" to handle the whole thing. Update coming "soon".

Comment

Beta 1.2 is up. See first post for download and details.

Highlights:
            • First person cameras! Well, sort of.
            • Mouse steering on the Nemesis in lowered mode.
            • Stealthbender support.
            • Nightshade (and Stealthbender) deployable browsing support while deployed (press 1, 2, 3 or 4 to select a deployable while not deployed).
            • Custom summon command.
            Some cool screenies that didn't make the cut for the first post:

[shot]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/7299/cameracontrolleviathan1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9434/cameracontrolmanta1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4627/cameracontrolmanta2.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5944/cameracontrolpaladin1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img11.imageshack.us/img11/5433/cameracontrolpaladin2.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img19.imageshack.us/img19/5594/cameracontrolscorpion2.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img17.imageshack.us/img17/9664/cameracontrolspma1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/4867/cameracontrolspma2.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/2088/cameracontrolviper1.jpg[/shot] [shot]http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/9149/cameracontrolviper2.jpg[/shot]

Comment

Hi.

I tried it offline, and wasn't showing up in my mutators list. I think maybe because you forgot the ...

[Mutator_CameraControl UTUIDataProvider_Mutator]

portion of the program.

I tried to fix this by copying/pasting this section from the last version, and that got it to show up in my muts list. But... then it didn't seem to have any effect in game when selected.

Did I do something wrong, or is there more to the problem?

Comment

Ooh.. good catch! Thanks!

Updated to version 1.3, fixing this issue. See first post for download.

Comment

I've had a few minutes with it online, and so far it mostly seems fine. Will try more later today.

Where I think I saw a possible issue, is maybe related to this;

"Mouse steering on the Nemesis in lowered mode"

Could be me, but I'm getting some odd camera shaking behaviour when in this 'lowered mode'.

As an aside, I would suggest that offering this mouse steering mode in the Nemesis is outside the scope of this mutator anyway. The mutator is for camera control, and while the mouse steering in that case may seem like a neat feature to some, it's really unrelated to the actual mutator. Perhaps the 'fix' is to simply remove that portion.

Having said that, it's your mutator, so it's entirely up to you whether or not the mouse steering portion is outside the scope of this mutator or not. Was just offering an opinion.

Also sent you a PM. Thanks for this mutator. Happy to offer my time because I see this as a vital fix for UT3, regardless of which vehicle type (or mod) folks prefer to play. Peace.

Comment

Tried it on your server. Seems to work well except for the Nemesis lowered mode... which works fine offline.

Bit of a bummer that I still didn't get it right... I would never have considered that feature if I had known in advance that I would end up spending three days on it, laboring under the apprehension that I'd be able to squash an elusive engine glitch (go, Epic!) within the hour. I finally did squash it, but look, here's another bug. Yay.

Comment

Well, good luck!

It's not a big deal, but there is a bit of a screen-flash of sorts when switching into the last couple 'first person' views. Almost as if the whole screen vanishes for just a split second, and then returns. Not a big deal, but you only see it when getting those two, most of the other views scroll smoothly without this screen-flash (for lack of a better term).

Noticed that the first person view on the Leviathon becomes sorta useless when it is deployed. Sections of the vehicle are all you can see, right in your face. Not a big deal I guess, just don't use that view at that time I guess.

Stealthbender - scrolling the mousewheel doesn't change my view, it rotates through my deployables. So, if you meant for it to work like the Nightshade, I guess it's not working. But it doesn't really seem like much of an issue, since the vehicle is invisible anyway, and you can't really tell much about what view you're using. But I guess one could argue it's simply not consistent, since it's not like the others. You mentioned Stealthbender support, just not sure exactly what you intended.

I'll keep poking around. See what I can see.

Comment

there is a bit of a screen-flash of sorts when switching into the last couple 'first person' views.
                        That's intentional. The third person cameras smoothly transition into one another, but I cannot do that for first person cameras. The camera would clip right through the vehicle in most cases. So I added a bit of fading. However, the fading is very quick (so as not to be annoying), so maybe it looks more like a glitch instead. I'll see if slowing it down slightly makes it look decent without being annoying.

first person view on the Leviathon becomes sorta useless when it is deployed.
                        Yeah, well, that's where that particular camera is attached. I could maybe force the player out of first person view. It's on my list.

Stealthbender - scrolling the mousewheel doesn't change my view, it rotates through my deployables.
                        I tried the Stealthbender offline, and it works fine just like the Nightshade. The mousewheel changes the camera while not deployed and browses the deployables while deployed. Is it different for you? I tried the server but it was on (non-V)CTF.

Comment

Originally posted by Xyx View Post
                          That's intentional. The third person cameras smoothly transition into one another, but I cannot do that for first person cameras. ...

Yeah, well, that's where that particular camera is attached. I could maybe force the player out of first person view. It's on my list.
                          I don't mean to imply these are problems per se, just relaying what I see, in case they were not as you intended.

I tried the Stealthbender offline, and it works fine just like the Nightshade. The mousewheel changes the camera while not deployed and browses the deployables while deployed. Is it different for you? I tried the server but it was on (non-V)CTF.
                          Yes, it is different for me. I'm trying the Stealthbenders in War-Confrontation, and VCTF-Stranded, both offline and online. I'm not seeing it change my camera at all, just rotating through my deployables.

I am on server now, and will pop in and out all night. Feel free to use webadmin to change game type / map if required (for some reason, my mid game map voting doesn't seem to be working, still looking into that).

Comment

While using Camera Control as the only mutator, I am getting a lot of "errors" in the log file.

A whole bunch of them that are similar to this....

Error: Objects ParticleSystem Envy_Effects.Vehicle_Damage.P_Vehicle_Damage_1_Cic ada and ParticleModuleVelocity Envy_Effects.Smoke.P_HoverBoard_Ground_Dust_Blue:P articleModuleVelocity_26 have duplicate NetIndex 19225
                            Error: Objects MaterialInstanceConstant VH_Cicada.Materials.MI_VH_Cicada_Red and MaterialExpressionTextureSample VH_Cicada.Materials.M_Rocket_mesh:MaterialExpressi onTextureSample_4 have duplicate NetIndex 983
                            Error: Objects MaterialInstanceConstant VH_Cicada.Materials.MI_VH_Cicada_Blue and MaterialExpressionTextureSample VH_Cicada.Materials.M_Cicada_trail_Smoke:MaterialE xpressionTextureSample_0 have duplicate NetIndex 981

and others, that seemingly mention just about every vehicle. I saved the log, if you'd like me to post entire thing here, or email it to you, or something.

BTW, I'm also usually in irc.enterthegame.com #chaoticdreams while testing these, if you ever wanna just come by and hang out.

Comment

Update. See first post for download.

Changes:
                              • Drastically increased Nemesis lowered mode looksteer deadzone; looksteer is rather sluggish now, but you can still use keyboard steering to full effect. Hopefully it'll stop the "wiggling" online.
                              • Fixed Stealthbender not being replaced. Oops...

Comment

Confirmed that the Stealthbender seems to be working now. Offline and online.

Also confirm that the online camera-wiggling of the Nemesis lowered mode seems to be gone. However, can also confirm that the looksteering in that mode is in fact kinda sluggish.

One thing I have noticed, is that sometimes when you get in a vehicle, and attempt to scroll Out to a view that is farther away .. you can't do it, until you scroll In first. AND, your first scroll In, will first take you Out, and then your next scroll In will actually go In. This is not new to 1.4, I had noticed it before, but I was trying to figure out what the 'trigger' is, because it doesn't seem to happen all the time. Best I can figure so far, is that it has something to do with using a particular vehicle for the 1st time in a match.

Testing is still ongoing.

Edit for a few requests;

- Would be cool if this also applied to the turrets.
                                - Would be a slicker presentation perhaps, if this did not show up on list of available mutators when I have not selected a vehicle game type. Similar to how you won't see the No Orbs mutator on your list, when you did not select Warfare.
                                - And as I mentioned yesterday in the ClassicVCTF thread, would be nice if the two were compatible.

Comment

Working...
                                X