Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-GladiatorArena_Beta_V4

Description:
    Its meant to be Invasion map but it can also be played as a Deathmatch map.
    This map is not just a simple Gladiator Arena! Stuff in the middle of it gets interchanged in intervals. There are 7 different setups that can come out of the ground when the fog appears. Some of them are also always moving like the blocks you can see in the 2nd screen. The Weapons can be found in Weapon lockers that get opened randomly, max 2 at a time. If you get locked in one those weapon lockers you will get slowly crushed! If your teamate get trapped you can rescue him by pushing a button. (all doors will open for a very short time, and then all doors get closed till new weapon lockers open)I suggest playing the map without the Translocator, because with it its a bit like cheating. There are also extra areas that get opened randomly, in one you can find the Invasion weapons that the monsters normally use, you can get the freeze rifle for instance. In the 2nd extra area you can grab you a scorpion, but unfortunately the scorpions are not there with the current V20 version of Invasion. The Monters will come trough the doors around the arena. The big doors get opened by intervalls, so when one opens there may be a lot monsters coming out of it at once.

Screenshot:

Download:
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+Gladia.../fileinfo.html

Galtanors Invasion is needed to play this map, if you not allready have it get it here: http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=590438

This looks really cool, love the arena theme. Im a big fan of 'arena shootemups' like SmashTV and Mutant Storm, and I also love Capcom's Shadow of Rome, so this should be perfect for me

Comment

@ Crayfish
      I dont know all these games but if in them is some cool stuff that i could incorporate in my map let me know.

@ $n[p3r
      There are lot of things i cant do!
      From what i know, when i cook a map that has content from a mod in it it will not be playable with a different version of that mod, so i will leave it uncooked. Didnt know about the lag problem though, does this map lag a lot?

Comment

VERY cool map!

I have it running on Revolution guys, I noticed no lag issues, but I WOULD like to have a "timeless" version that would work with future versions. (if I'm understanding this right).

Comment

@ $n[p3r
          I will give it try to cook the map.
          All the content i have in it is either in the actual map upk. file or in the Invasion files. I have some Invasion weapons pickups in the map (you can get them when the extra area opens randomly) and the mouse king that has textures from inv. That content should be only problem if the map is cooked and people run a different version of inv.
          If you really want a version without that inv stuff to put the map on your server then im willing to make that?

@ HTM~Minion
          thx
          The map you have is the timeless version.

Comment

Originally posted by Davision View Post
            @ HTM~Minion
            thx
            The map you have is the timeless version.
            Now I'm really confused... what map are you and $n[p3r taling about?

Comment

Cooking it with the Invasion stuff in the map didnt worked and when i cook it without the stuff the map crashes the game. Also the map got from 15 mb up to 40 mb when cooked!

A Darkwalker succesfully spawned in the map last time i played it:
              http://www.vitamin3d.com/bilder/dw1.jpg
              http://www.vitamin3d.com/bilder/dw2.jpg
              His legs got bugged when he walked on the moving blocks

Comment

Working...
              X