Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-NoName Beta2

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-NoName Beta2

Name:CTF-NoName

Version:Beta2

Compatibility: tested with patch 1.3, should work on older versions.

Description: Prepare yourself for an epic fight!

Comments: A simple ctf map, made for ictf.
    The map plays best with 8-14 persons and without translocator. In the middle are 2 half bridges, you can reach the other side with a walldodge (it's the fastest route, but you are very vulnerable)

The map has a good gameplay. There aren't to many static meshes, but i prefer a map with a great gameplay above one with many meshes (and like 95% of the other maps will have the looks but their gameplay isn't great)

Have fun on the map !

Screenshot
    [shot]http://img208.imageshack.us/img208/3484/nonamegj5.jpg[/shot]

Video:
    CTF-NoName Video
    It's just a 20s movie to show you some things what is in.(beta1)

Credits:Me (SiFly.jW), epic for ued, ZenMaster.jW for pc-cook, euchreplayer23 for ps3 cook.

Download:
    PC:Download
    PS3:Download

Changes with beta1:

- added more lights
    - made for space between the bridges, so that it isn't possible to jump over it with double jump.
    - rotated/changed spawn points.

To do list:

- Change the lower level (any ideas for that are welcome) (the gameplay isn't there like it want it to have)
    - anything else you want to have changed.

add lots of static meshes and a hell of alot more detail, to remove the pickup lights u gotta select them by and they are very tiny lightbulbs were the pickup is. i think u can select one right click and select, select all pickup lights and just delete them

Comment

I personally think it looks cooler with less detail; from the video it reminds me a bit of ColaWars. The wall-dodge looks like a nice touch. I'll definitely check it out

Comment

Originally posted by TheAgent View Post
        add lots of static meshes and a hell of alot more detail, to remove the pickup lights u gotta select them by and they are very tiny lightbulbs were the pickup is. i think u can select one right click and select, select all pickup lights and just delete them
        I don't want to have to many static meshes in, since i want to have it look simple. (still have already 500+ in :S)

And it gives errors when i don't have pickup lights above the items (and it looks nice when you play jsut normal with the pickups.)

Comment

It looks like people get hung up on alot of static meshes and details. I personally like a good clean map with a nice flow through it when playing. Not alot of unnessesary **** which mostly just gets in the way when playing. So keep it up m8.

Comment

go to unreal-station and ask for a ps3 cook, im sure someone there will cook it for you

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
              go to unreal-station and ask for a ps3 cook, im sure someone there will cook it for you
              i'll take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by Oliebol View Post
                I don't want to have to many static meshes in, since i want to have it look simple. (still have already 500+ in :S)

And it gives errors when i don't have pickup lights above the items (and it looks nice when you play jsut normal with the pickups.)
                the error for the pickup lights isnt important its jus tthe editor bicthing at you because it wants it that way haha =P

Comment

There isn't a setting that just let them only show in normal ctf?

Comment

Originally posted by UT3fan2008 View Post
                    Originally posted by Oliebol View Post
                    i'll take a look.
                    I tried cooking it for you - unfortunately, while the cook works, the surfaces are all light & dark squares, and there's no music I'm afraid I'm still green to the cooking process, sorry

If it's easy to replace the surface meshes & music to stock Epic versions, I could try again for you ...

Comment

Originally posted by Nidas View Post
                      It looks like people get hung up on alot of static meshes and details. I personally like a good clean map with a nice flow through it when playing. Not alot of unnessesary **** which mostly just gets in the way when playing. So keep it up m8.
                      Getting meshes in while maintaining gameplay is an artform. Many epic maps have 3000+ meshes in but gameplay isn't subtracted from.

People like meshes in a map because its nice to have a nice looking, yet fun map to play. What is the point of having an engine that can cater for all this detail if mappers won't exploit this. Personally I believe it to be the difference between UT2004 and UT3 maps.

Comment

AFAIK from other maps, & from DGUnreal's tutorial, the PS3 can handle custom meshes without problems, as long as they're cooked into the map rather than stored in external packages ...

Comment

Originally posted by Syphix View Post
                          Personally I believe it to be the difference between UT2004 and UT3 maps.
                          I agree with you that some of the ut3 maps looks really great but the ut2004 maps beats allmost every ut3 map when it comes to gameplay. Tbh I think thats one of the reasons ut3 isnt that popular compared to the earlier Ut:s.

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                            I tried cooking it for you - unfortunately, while the cook works, the surfaces are all light & dark squares, and there's no music I'm afraid I'm still green to the cooking process, sorry

If it's easy to replace the surface meshes & music to stock Epic versions, I could try again for you ...
                            I forgot to mention, I used the cooked PC version (open in editor, rebuild, save, recook etc). I've heard that recooking a cooked map can be a little weird - could this be why I had the problems listed above? Would it be more likely to work better if I tried cooking from the uncooked version?

Comment

Originally posted by feisar32 View Post
                              I forgot to mention, I used the cooked PC version (open in editor, rebuild, save, recook etc). I've heard that recooking a cooked map can be a little weird - could this be why I had the problems listed above? Would it be more likely to work better if I tried cooking from the uncooked version?
                              I don't know, since this is my first map and i don't have more experience in it.
                              I'll upload the uncooked one so you could maybe try it again?

I didn't use many static meshes (except those many lights) becuase i am new to the unreal editor and it's hard to make it in a way they don't change the gameplay.
                              From earlier tries with my alpha version, i found out that the gameplay is fun, it's a bit different than existing maps. (tested with ictf)

I haven't tried normal ctf yet, since there are some problems with getting the map in the vote list. My clan uploaded bombing run and domination at the server and since than maps won't get in the vote list...

Comment

Working...
                              X