Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DM,CTF, 1on1-JungleVista and 1on1-JungleVista(Night)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM,CTF, 1on1-JungleVista and 1on1-JungleVista(Night)

Name:CTF-,DM-,1on1-JungleVista and 1on1-JungleVista(Night)

Version:Beta 3

Compatibility:UT3 1.3

Description:On the edge of a large montainside, this small arena overlooks a enormous jungle.

Comments:Just another quick map that i made in my spare time, its rather small.
    Supports 2-8 players.

Screenshot:

These pictures are of old version and day version

Credits:Repent_ for providing the Crysis meshes, Epic Games,the band Coheed and Cambria for the music, its just a part of one of their songs, and Myself.

Homepage:N/A

Download:Here

All feedback welcome

looks very nice, the crysis meshes are like heaven to me

Edit: nice map visually but the water for the water fall seems a bit to speedy =P, i recomend making the one on one a little bit bigger to give space for more visual apealing elements, i reccomend adding some splash when the water hits the rocks unless i missed it i didnt see any. im not a fan of tiny one on one maps, but this is pretty cool

Comment

Ok, thanks, ill look into what i can do.

So i forgot to list some bugs myself have noticed.

1.Blue terrain is darker than the red side, even though the terrain is a complete duplicate.
      2.If you feign death in the water, you fall through the terrain and die.
      3.need to fixe collisions on the trees and some bushes, the trees leaves are solide.
      thats all i noticed for now, if you have anyother problems and bugs please mention them and ill fix em ASAP

P.S. i might also make a rainy version and a drout version.

Comment

Originally posted by Chaosnight View Post
        Ok, thanks, ill look into what i can do.

So i forgot to list some bugs myself have noticed.

1.Blue terrain is darker than the red side, even though the terrain is a complete duplicate.
        2.If you feign death in the water, you fall through the terrain and die.
        3.need to fixe collisions on the trees and some bushes, the trees leaves are solide.
        thats all i noticed for now, if you have anyother problems and bugs please mention them and ill fix em ASAP
        actually those are bugs i failed to mention but i thought it was already fixed bout the darker terrain and stuff, i myself am using the tress and the leaves do have collision, im gonna release a island map alpha tomoroow. its huge! but those are mainly the known bugs, and the fact that like 8 bots spawned from one player start but thats prob my settings =P lol

Comment

By fix collision i mean ditch their premade collision and add blocking volumes.

Comment

yeah i know, thats basically what i did when i used em.

Comment

same here it was a pain to make good blocking volumes for them though since the truck bows out at the bottom so much.

Comment

Originally posted by Sanch3z View Post
                same here it was a pain to make good blocking volumes for them though since the truck bows out at the bottom so much.
                lol yeah it was, but its working out for me pretty well (ps: i wrote this comment on my phone haha =P)

Comment

Ok, im making some changes right now, i already fixed the terrain issues(Feign death wont kill you this time,also fixed the blue side being darker),gonna start working on the collision on the trees and fixing up not being able to shoot through the bullrushes and such.

Comment

Ok, im making some changes right now, i already fixed the terrain issues(Feign death wont kill you this time,also fixed the blue side being darker),gonna start working on the collision on the trees and fixing up not being able to shoot through the bullrushes and such.
                    alrigthy hope to see an update soon

Comment

Ok, i am currently rebuilding the map and readying it for the new beta, i also added some custom music(Through ambience sound becuase it didnt work with level music), i added a few meshes(some wooden crates, a wheel barrow) i also got rid of most of the stepping stones and added a bridge because bots were having issues jumping in and out of the water. Also, ill probably do i night or dusk version just to give it a different look. Also got rid of the jump pad. Illl be posting the new download in abit.Also will post new screens. Also fixed all the previous issues.

Comment

Ok, i am currently rebuilding the map and readying it for the new beta, i also added some custom music(Through ambience sound becuase it didnt work with level music), i added a few meshes(some wooden crates, a wheel barrow) i also got rid of most of the stepping stones and added a bridge because bots were having issues jumping in and out of the water. Also, ill probably do i night or dusk version just to give it a different look. Also got rid of the jump pad. Illl be posting the new download in abit.Also will post new screens. Also fixed all the previous issues.
                        very nice, as u might know, custom sounds dont work for the PS3 so idk what your gonna do with the sound/music for the PS3 but i always love custom music

Comment

Ya, if i do do a ps3 version ill get rid of the music but chances are im not gonna do one. Lol, if i make anymore maps ill have no more room in my sig but that doesnt mean i wont

Comment

Ok beta is now released

Comment

Ok beta is now released
                              idownloaded it and it works much better now, the water underwater effects added a nice touch and the music was fun lol. only thing is that the lamp infront of the bridge for the red side kinda blocks u off a lil bit but its a fun 1on1 map

Comment

Working...
                              X