• Time
  • Show
Clear All

among other things that it can be messied up with

Comment

okay so I will make a version 1.1 or sth

1. remove the posts from shock rifle

2. correct the bio rifle 'bug'

3. I have no idea how to get the planks back... I already tried it, but I think that's not possible now anymore in ut3, so I placed the jumppads...and other suggestion how to make it more difficult to reach the upper stage ?
      € otherwise I will place short rising lifts

4. Any comments on the new pipe near the rocket launcher?

For all who can't get the map to work, I can only advise to copy the FULL UTGame folder to C:\Document and Settings\your name\my files\my games\unreal tournament 3\

(5. Will add this line to the readme)

Comment

Originally posted by Frggu View Post
        okay so I will make a version 1.1 or sth

1. remove the posts from shock rifle

2. correct the bio rifle 'bug'

3. I have no idea how to get the planks back... I already tried it, but I think that's not possible now anymore in ut3, so I placed the jumppads...and other suggestion how to make it more difficult to reach the upper stage ?
        € otherwise I will place short rising lifts

4. Any comments on the new pipe near the rocket launcher?
        Comments.

1. Great idea!

3. There is a rankin remake that uses some ramps with some background magic. I guess you could open it up in an editor and see what it does. Alternatively, just dont both. If people need to get to the amp, then they should simply walk around to it.

4. I didnt like it. Yet again, it just made it too easy to get to the amp from that area of the map. Just my opinion though, others may think its great. And afterall, this is YOUR map.

But really, you need to do something with the lighting or textured to break up how monotonous it looks. As I've already said, the layout is tip-top (maybe make it easier to get the 50 shield from the ramp that leads up from the lift exit).

Keep up the good work!

Comment

Thank you Bawsy for your posts!
          ->3. Yeah I already saw them in rankin classic and in the ut3 version it's again very easy to get to the next stage...I will test it maybe there's a workaround to make it a little bit harder..otherwise I will make it similar

->4. Waiting for more comments...my opinion: with no ramps and jumppads they would fit into the rest of the maps design

btw. will make texture lightning tweaks...place more lights and adjust the texture at many places

€ going off now....Status:
          No jumppads,
          1 pipe near minigun to get across to remove the jumppad,
          2 ramps with gravity volumes (a little bit harder as rankin, but easy anyway...
          -I lowered the gravity value to 0 [in rankin:50], values under zero causes stucks and laggs) instead of the jumppads,
          I moved the 50 shield pipe to make a little little bit easier to get to shield,
          No posts

Tried to get to the amp using the pipes near rocket launcher: no chance with only a doble jump, so it isn't 'easy' to get to them amp using impact hammer or shock..think it's okay....

gn8

Comment

Frggu, let me know when you have a new release, change log etc.. and I'll edit it into the first post

Comment

The glowing pillars are my only complaint.Plays great,added to server.GJ

Comment

Updated to version 1.1 see first post. 'Read Me' included in download.

Comment

Better!

I like the new red windows you have placed (especially leading to the shield). Perhaps scope to include them in other areas to break things up.

Things that still bother me

1. The lift needs a bit of love. It doesnt look like a lift, and how it operates is a mystery. Give it runners or something - create the illusion that it is an actual machine.

2. The big red animated texture you have added across from the rocket launcher on a flat sheet. Urgh! As out of place there, as the 4 pillars you had on the shock.

3. The ramps. No challenge, as you can easily just jump up them without dodging. I would still consider just removing them.

4. Not too keen on the huge square tile that blocks your movement beside the shock rifle. By all means keep it there, just dont let it block you! You shouldnt have to jump over it.

Ahhh roughinery is on its way back. Loved that map in ut2004. Surprised its taken so long to be converted if truth be told!

Comment

0.->More red windows
                    1.-> Lift will be fixed and redesigned
                    2.->Bye bye
                    3.->don't know if I should dare it...
                    4.->Collision will be removed
                    (€ 5.->Debug: Donzi|UTZone)
                    ( Debug: [FnG]Bawsy )

I don't know what's wrong with the light....sometimes some of the brown metal edges are just black.....

Comment

Version 1.2 released...Cryfish will certainly do that....thank you again
                      Here the link->
                      Filefront

P.S. Sry for double post

€: --> YouTube

Comment

!!!
                        I love this map in 2k4!
                        I actually requested it (With irondust and idoma) a couple of weeks ago!
                        Thanks a ton!

Comment

Only complaint I have is the low grav area (or whatever it is) that allows you to jump across the ledges in the top area. It feels totally out of place gameplay wise and wasn't in the original. You should be able to jump across by just wall dodging.

Other than that it looks good and plays very well. I like some of the visual touches. I'm just glad the glo things are gone, for minute I thought I might be the only one who disliked them

Thanks. Great job.

Comment

Working...
                          X