Remake of the classic UT2004 map.

DOWNLOAD (read me in file):
    http://files.filefront.com/DM+1on1+R.../fileinfo.html

Youtube Video Preview:
    http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=9nvQQqUPEeA

UTzone link with more info:
    http://www.utzone.de/include.php?pat...contentid=7150

------------------------------------------------------------------
    *Im new to the Unreal series with UT3, but I know this is an important release, because this is 'that map' that I've seen in countles UT2004 frags and thought it looks great and wondered what it is, and if its being remade for UT3. Well now I know

Hi

Yeah I love this map, but didn't think it has such a fan range
    I willl announce it in the utzone forum now

Thank you for announcing

Hope u like it
    greets

P.S. are there any people who are interested in a ps3 version? so i would make one..

Comment

What are the posts around the shock rifle??

This was a popular map in 2k4.

I think it's fine for a 4 or even 6 player TDM, but I like a lot of action.

Comment

Just read the link. Those 4 new posts will do nothing but get in the way of good gameplay. Please get rid of them. Thanks.

Comment

ehm didnt want to make a perfect copy...if there are more players complaining about them I will remove them

Comment

iirc the UT2k4 original was used pretty frequently for competitive 1on1, wasn't it?
            will try it tomorrow (gotta get some sleep now )

Comment

I was all excited and was going to put this on Taffy's TDM for everyone to try out tonight.

I don't get why you guys do things like this. I honestly don't. You spend all that time making a remake and then put features in a map that do nothing but obstruct movement. Even if they allow the players to move through them they are visually annoying. On top of that they are in a critical spot where you need to be able to move and see without any obstructions.

I just don't get it...

Comment

I was excited about this, but honestly I hope its in beta and you are up for improving it!

BSP work is not too bad. Most of the jumps you could make in ut2004, you can do here. The jump from the bio to the platform with (what was) LG ammo can no longer be done, unless you use the wall at the very back. If I remember correctly, it was also pretty hard to jump to the 50 shield platform from the opposite ramp - you landed on a 'lip' that kind of killed the flow. Apart from that, pretty good.

The not so good.

1. Absolutely horrendous 4 day-glo pillars surrounding the shock rifle? What is the point? IMO, they are so out of place it beggars belief.

2. Its just too bright and 'samey' lighting wise. There are no areas of contrast, and it certainly looks unfinished.

3. The jumppads. I realise you have put them in to replace the ramps, but IMO it make it too easy to get to the amp. Make them walk for it (or do the lift jump). Its fair to say the jumppads could easily be taken out.

Comment

Hey I actually kinda like the day-glo pillars!

Comment

UT3 crashes when I try to load this

Comment

whats up with the glowing pillars lol

Comment

It crashes when it loads for me as well...

Comment

It works here (v1.3 required)

Comment

Originally posted by Donzi View Post
                            It works here (v1.3 required)
                            Already got patch 1.3, but I got it working now.. I Missed the extra "sky.upk" in the other folder (I only ever extract the files directly, not the whole folder structure and usually don't expect extra files floating around.....)

Comment

This one will be awesome once ya get rid of those glow-stick pillars and work up the lighting.

TY for working on this so far! I hope to see it finished and prettied up so we can all make it messy and paint it with each other's innards.

Comment

Working...
                              X