DM - Crevice : beta02 [imgs/video/dload]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    nice amp plays good and looks good ther is one thing way is there a avril in this map

Leave a comment:

• replied
    a week has passed since I checked this beta thread - has anyone else given this a try?

4TX4 - thank you for replying and playing the map

As 4TX4 pointed out, it does have a linear layout, but with so many levels to the playing area, I think it still provides a good match. I hope ppl aren't skipping this because they think it's too simple of a map layout - give it a try!

If nothing comes up - I'll copy the map to make the ps3 version and publish the finals of the map. I sure wish the darn ps3 was allowed to have custom music.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by Sonic Wallpaper View Post
    Thanks man - let me know if you enjoy it.
    I do; the (mostly) linear gameplay is an interesting change of pace from more traditional maps. Looks pretty good, no major issues as far as I can tell.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    anyone have a chance to download and play?

If you feel the screenshots and video are too dark - I understand, and had already increased the lighting after I filmed the video and took the screenshots.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    reminds me of urban steel millworking looks very nice

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks man - let me know if you enjoy it.

The map is basically complete - I just thought it would be good to release a beta version first to see if anyone else can find any issues.

The map is best with 16 or more players.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Looks really cool... dl'ing!

Leave a comment:

• started a topic DM - Crevice : beta02 [imgs/video/dload]

DM - Crevice : beta02 [imgs/video/dload]

Name: DM - Crevice
    Version: Beta 02
    Compatibility: UT3 1.3 (PC only during beta)

Description: On the edge of this city was a crevice caused by tectonic activity. Over time, the lands separated, creating steep cliffs, and a network of passages below the rubble. The city attempted to keep youth from accessing the passages by building a wall, although the wall was quickly destroyed by some rather high powered weapons. Not to be out-done, the city is now building a much larger wall using a new plasma based shielding technology. This map works well with 16-31 players or bots.

Map Credits: all content by Epic, arranged by Sonic Wallpaper

Music Credits: original by Epic, remix and arrangement by Sonic Wallpaper

Homepage: music - blog

PC Download: Beta 02 - uploaded: 8/24/2008
    ** from filefront
    ** from unrealplayground

Screenshots:

Video:

DM - Crevice at YouTube

About: Originally, this was designed for the UT2D mod, which turns UT3 into a '2D' Scroller. I liked the feel of the map, so I saved a copy and started to modify it for use as a Deathmatch map. The general layout is the same, this is more enhanced for full movement, along with much more detail added.

Known Issue: sometimes upon dying, your character will be tossed into the air at high velocity, usually getting stuck in the geometry of the map or the blocking volume in the sky. I don't think there's a fix for this, unless I recreated the collisions on the rock geometry, which is what I believe is causing the issue. Fortunately, it doesn't disrupt gameplay.

======================================

Thank you for checking this out - Feedback is welcomed. Sorry, no PS3 version during beta testing

Sonic Wallpaper
Working...
X