Staithe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replied
    I'm saying this bc I've had problems using the warfare player starts early in the map so I use UTTeamPlayerStarts to get the layout done bot pathing and what not.
    Only before closing to beta Ill put them in and rebuild.

You can also keep the UTTeamPlayerStarts for the cores if the map isn't to change sides after a round and use warfare player starts on the nodes, might give it a try too.

Its just a sugestion for you to try it.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You wouldn't use a "WarfarePlayerStart"? Epic, WTH?!?!
    Okay I was about to change all playerstarts to UTteamplayerStart, but then would that fix the vehicles spawning in the opposite direction?
    - arrows are all pointing the correct way. one thing about custom maps is that mappers don't usually have players starting off in a good direction or even pointed at a weapon locker. This is a biggie.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    You wouldn't use a "WarfarePlayerStart"? Epic, WTH?!?!
    Okay I was about to change all playerstarts to UTteamplayerStart, but then would that fix the vehicles spawning in the opposite direction?
    - arrows are all pointing the correct way. one thing about custom maps is that mappers don't usually have players starting off in a good direction or even pointed at a weapon locker. This is a biggie.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    OK, did you notice that you can rotate the Player spawns?
    Also you have to use UTTeamPlayerStarts and in its properties on the "UTTeamPlayerStart" you must set 0 for Red Team and 1 for Blue Team.

And re-check every spawn point and make sure they are not "crossed" (you'll see a X on the spawn icon) or those will not be usable since they're too close to the ground or an object.

Also if you have bot pathing check the log after rebuilding the map and look for any warnings or anomalies.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
    err... Blue spawning on red side and red on blue side?
    Yes. that happens too. But the player spawning will spawn facing the opposite direction.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    can someone help

it doesnt work only options are this when i try to download

FIND,SAVE.CANCEL

Leave a comment:

• replied
    err... Blue spawning on red side and red on blue side?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    thank you but that didn't work either.

Also the playerspawns are reversing as well.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Yep, easy make sure that in the VehicleFactory properties this is selected:

Leave a comment:

• replied
    I'm having an issue with the spawnpoints and vehicle factories They randomly spawn backwards (facing the opposite direction) this co-occurs with a team side switch.
    Any help for that problem?

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Paths and lighting cleaned a bit.

Cores lowered and added a protective roof to each.

Changed to daytime and tweaks many many many bot paths.

Here are some of them.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thank you both kindly.

I just looked up the etymology for wharf and a derivative is Staithe

I think I just found my name.

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Lighting for outdoor areas should be sourced somewhere in the sky. Have a sky light sittinging around somewhere with a low Brightness value (like 0.25), so players can at least see a little bit when they go to places where there isn't light.

Now, place a DirectionalLight, and change the arrow to point from your light source (Most likely a moon or somelike like that, as I can see this map is more of a nighttime setting.)

Leave a comment:

• replied
    you seem to be not too taken with the name u have chosen for this map. Maybe WAR-Wharfare?... Dunno its just what came to me when i read yours, just a suggestion best of luck with it

[EDIT] push P after selecting the view window you want to see bot pathing in, and pathing will appear.

Re your lighting woes: you will need to rebuild your map after lighting changes, just saving it will not show the changes.

Best of luck with your project

Leave a comment:

• replied
    Thanks!

If anyone has any insights on lighting larger outdoor maps (the tutorials only seem to cover small indoor rooms) please let me know. Do structural meshes need to be lit differently than decfo meshes? Why are so many static meshes all black even after adding pointlights? The screenshots do not show it but I feel this map has structural potential and great gameflow. Can the new editor show bot paths? I'm not seeing any.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X