• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Staithe

Name:WAR-Staithe
    Version: 1
    Compatibility: PC
    Description: City map perched on industrial waterfront. There is a Tank-Node and plenty of room for bonks and ollies with the hoverboard.
    Comments: I think the lighting is ****. [excuses, excuses] When I save a light after changing it to a static light, it reverts back to a dynamic one, etc. Bot paths also need work. If I don't have any high flying vehicles, do I still need different pathnodes for vehicles? this map truly needs some good beta players to voice their thoughts.
    Screenshot:
    Credits: Myself and the guys who made the smeshes for downtown
    Homepage: www.d12clan.org
    Download: http://files.filefront.com/WAR+Dock1.../fileinfo.html

Another pic...

wow i do love warfare maps DOWNLOADING

ok it doesnt work only options are

FIND,SAVE.CANCEL

Comment

how about dock 17! reminds me of somewhere!

Comment

Hey smed , GOOD GAMES LAST NIGHT!!! Thanks for the new map and ill get back to you if i can cook for ps3 . ill pm u the link

Comment

Thanks!

If anyone has any insights on lighting larger outdoor maps (the tutorials only seem to cover small indoor rooms) please let me know. Do structural meshes need to be lit differently than decfo meshes? Why are so many static meshes all black even after adding pointlights? The screenshots do not show it but I feel this map has structural potential and great gameflow. Can the new editor show bot paths? I'm not seeing any.

Comment

you seem to be not too taken with the name u have chosen for this map. Maybe WAR-Wharfare?... Dunno its just what came to me when i read yours, just a suggestion best of luck with it

[EDIT] push P after selecting the view window you want to see bot pathing in, and pathing will appear.

Re your lighting woes: you will need to rebuild your map after lighting changes, just saving it will not show the changes.

Best of luck with your project

Comment

Lighting for outdoor areas should be sourced somewhere in the sky. Have a sky light sittinging around somewhere with a low Brightness value (like 0.25), so players can at least see a little bit when they go to places where there isn't light.

Now, place a DirectionalLight, and change the arrow to point from your light source (Most likely a moon or somelike like that, as I can see this map is more of a nighttime setting.)

Comment

Thank you both kindly.

I just looked up the etymology for wharf and a derivative is Staithe

I think I just found my name.

Comment

Paths and lighting cleaned a bit.

Cores lowered and added a protective roof to each.

Changed to daytime and tweaks many many many bot paths.

Here are some of them.

Comment

I'm having an issue with the spawnpoints and vehicle factories They randomly spawn backwards (facing the opposite direction) this co-occurs with a team side switch.
                    Any help for that problem?

Comment

Yep, easy make sure that in the VehicleFactory properties this is selected:

Comment

thank you but that didn't work either.

Also the playerspawns are reversing as well.

Comment

err... Blue spawning on red side and red on blue side?

Comment

can someone help

it doesnt work only options are this when i try to download

FIND,SAVE.CANCEL

Comment

Originally posted by VoodooMaster View Post
                              err... Blue spawning on red side and red on blue side?
                              Yes. that happens too. But the player spawning will spawn facing the opposite direction.

Comment

Working...
                              X