X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sentinel Gear [Pics] [Beta3] [Updated]

Name: Sentinel Gear

Version: 1.0 beta 3

Compatibility: Requires Sentinel 1.0 beta 7 (hopefully will remain forwards-compatible too)

Description: A set of three mutators to increase the power of Sentinels, and adding two new upgrades ("Auto-repair" and "Active Protection System") and two new weapons ("MicroShock™" and "Electron Lance") for them.

Comments: Mainly intended for use with Galtanor's Invasion, but will work fine in any gametype.

Screenshot:
    [shot]http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/temp/Sentinel/APS.jpg[/shot]
    An incoming Shock ball is intercepted by the Active Protection System.

[shot]http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/temp/Sentinel/Microshock_firing.jpg[/shot]
    The MicroShock™ removes a hapless bot's cranium with surgical precision. Ok, more of a splurge of gibs than surgical precision, but it's removed just the same.

[shot]http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/temp/Sentinel/ElectronLance_firing.jpg[/shot]
    The Electron Lance can clear a whole room in one shot

Credits: Mikolaj "Farseer" Jarzina, for the weapon models.

Homepage: http://mrevil.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/u.../sentinelgear/

Download: No longer available. Get the final version instead!

Hahaha! This is going to be fun! Downloading.

Comment

Wow, that looks sweet - gonna DL that tomorrow (since my internet isn't much faster than a snail right now...).

Comment

wow you made more fun !

thank you !!!

Comment

sweeeeett! thanks for the mod

Comment

downloading and testing, will edit once i got some playtime with these new babies =D

EDIT: AWESOME!

Has quite some powerful effect...allows me to tell my bots to do random player hunting (which they sadly don't seem to do to well without always attack a node in Warfare), while those babies protect my base...

a sentinel camera near a tunnel exit, and some MicroShock cannons atop my base celings...lol...they have a hard time getting close.
            the Elektron is powerful, but it's reload speed makes it pretty fair for a Multiplayer game...so it's not as uber.
            After playing quite some time, i can tell that both weapons aren't too "overpowered"...well, if you're on foot, that is...losing a goliath or paladin at hands of a single turret might seem a different thing ;P

Didn't get to test the anti-projectile defense alot...the bots kept using shock rifle primary or linkgun bursts
            Gonna keep trying XD

Comment

The transparent parts of the Electron Lance dont seem to work right with the cloaking device on.

Comment

I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not seeing the Microshock effects ingame(botmatch btw)

Comment

Looks Fantastic!
                  WoE was always one of my favorites from 2k4 and I'm keeping my fingers crossed for a full blown UT3 version but I'll settle for the enhanced sentinel for now
                  Great job as usual!

Comment

Originally posted by 2B=M View Post
                    The transparent parts of the Electron Lance dont seem to work right with the cloaking device on.
                    Oops, an oversight on my part.

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                    I don't know about anyone else, but I'm not seeing the Microshock effects ingame(botmatch btw)
                    You mean the beam (there's also the muzzle flash and a small flash at the impact point)? If you're running at a detail level less than 5, can you try turning it up full to see if that fixes it?

Comment

Beam, muz flash and impact flash, I see none of them
                      Details are sub-5 with extra Ini tweaks

Comment

Why is this a seperate mutator from the original sent mut? :s

Its just adding turrets and upgrades, can you add them to sents v7, could have them off by default in the ini if you want.

Comment

The lightning effect from the electron lance looks awesome but would like to make them real hard to get, can you give admins the option to change the ammo requirement for them please.

I want to make both new turrets 300 ammo build cost, which will also mean increasing ammo capacity of the player to 300, this will be a nice reward for players who manage to stay alive and collect ammo.
                          All my boss monsters drop 100 ammo crate, so getting 200 is easy with my default wave setup.

The microshock is bugged, if im standing near it looking at the turret i dont see the beam when it fires, but if i turn my back to it and look at the monster i can see the beam, the beam just wont show if im looking at the turret which is weird. I use world detail=1.

Comment

Originally posted by Kyllian View Post
                            Beam, muz flash and impact flash, I see none of them
                            Details are sub-5 with extra Ini tweaks
                            Alright, I'll see if I can work out what's going on.

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                            Why is this a seperate mutator from the original sent mut? :s

Its just adding turrets and upgrades, can you add them to sents v7, could have them off by default in the ini if you want.
                            There were several reasons why I want to keep them separate, most important of which are:

1) They are things that I wouldn't otherwise want to implement because I feel they aren't suitable for standard gameplay.

2) It allows me to update them without having to rerelease everything else as well.

3) Implementing a Sentinel mod myself lets me be sure that everything works as intended, and it serves as an example for others of how to mod the Sentinels.

Originally posted by Cyzmyass View Post
                            The lightning effect from the electron lance looks awesome but would like to make them real hard to get, can you give admins the option to change the ammo requirement for them please.

I want to make both new turrets 300 ammo build cost, which will also mean increasing ammo capacity of the player to 300, this will be a nice reward for players who manage to stay alive and collect ammo.
                            All my boss monsters drop 100 ammo crate, so getting 200 is easy with my default wave setup.

The microshock is bugged, if im standing near it looking at the turret i dont see the beam when it fires, but if i turn my back to it and look at the monster i can see the beam, the beam just wont show if im looking at the turret which is weird. I use world detail=1.
                            I won't increase max ammo to 300 because I don't think players should be able to deploy more than two Sentinels in one go, but I could increase it to, say, 280.

Does the Microshock beam problem only occur in multiplayer? If so, then I think I know what the problem is.

Comment

280 would be great thanks.

I have only play tested the sentinelgear mod offline in instant action, maybe its to do with the muzzle flash since beam only shows when im looking away from turret.

Comment

Working...
                              X