X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DM-ut3tourney6 [PC Beta]

Name:ut3tourney6 "The Very End of You"

Version: Beta 1

Compatibility: PC, maybe PS3 (It has its originial Quake 3 music, so not sure.

Description: Basically a remake of the last single player map of Quake 3 Arena for tournament style duels. I even managed to replicate the crushing platform.

Comments:Mostly a 1 on 1 map, but it was kinda chaos with 8.

Screenshots:

Credits:Epic, Bret Hart for all the help, and of course yours truly.

Download: http://files.filefront.com/DM+ut3Tou.../fileinfo.html

To do list: Random Teleporter, Making the Jump pads a bit more accurate, attaching the sides of the crushing platform properly.

Congrats on releasing your first map

Comment

Congrats.
      Maybe a q3 ctf map soon?

Comment

Originally posted by Liqu1D_133 View Post
        Congrats.
        Maybe a q3 ctf map soon?
        I was actually thinking of the CTF version of this map along with CTF 4, but someone already did that, I don't wanna cause any confusion.

Comment

Giggling over the big Bret Hart face in the screenshot (in a good fun way) Whenever I see that face in a map I think of him, then I saw him in the credits. Waaahhhhh!!!!!
          Also, I would like to politely express my interest in a PS3 version, if at all possible.

Comment

Nice map, but you kinda used too mouch the brushes, you should've used more meshes.

Comment

Considering Quake 3 is mostly brushes and little meshes, I tried to keep it simple, although I do need to flesh out the crusing platform.

Comment

i luff remakes ^.^
                puts me ina fluffy mewd
                ty!
                btw nice job with the crushing platform...I was going to remake this same map but didn't because I have no clue how to make stuff move in my maps yet (doors opening, elevators, etc...) I still have a lot to learn

Comment

Hi !

This map is great and a "mustn't be missing" in every UT game...

But we have a small problem with it: I have installed it on our server, and if the server does a mapchange to this map while I am on the server, I'll get a UT3.exe crash at 100%. The map first loads perfect on my PC, but then when server is ready with loading the map and you can press "ready", the UT3.exe crash occurs. I have to reconnect to the server and then I am able to play the map without any more crash. Some friends have the same problem too, map is always crashing the game on mapchange.

Any idea what this could be?

Comment

Judging from the screenshots the pillars on the two main platforms have been rotated 90 degrees. This simple Q3A map is very competitive. Always good to have such a map. IceBox is another simple map that make skill count drastically.

Comment

Can someone rehost my map, I lost it to a faulty drive and I wanted to make a few tweaks to it for a mappack I'm planning on.

Comment

Originally posted by Kirby4life0 View Post
                        Can someone rehost my map, I lost it to a faulty drive and I wanted to make a few tweaks to it for a mappack I'm planning on.
                        Temporary download here: DM-ut3Tourney6.rar

Is there a chance to fix the crashing issue while mapchange on a server? Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Nearly all clients have an UT3.exe crash when our server switches to DM-ut3Tourney6. After reconnect the map works fine...

Comment

Originally posted by rulaman View Post
                          Temporary download here: DM-ut3Tourney6.rar

Is there a chance to fix the crashing issue while mapchange on a server? Do you have an idea what the problem could be? Nearly all clients have an UT3.exe crash when our server switches to DM-ut3Tourney6. After reconnect the map works fine...
                          I'll try recooking it. And you'll get a bugfix soon for the jumping platforms and I'm gonna space out the columns a bit more.

Comment

PC cook

http://files.filefront.com/DM+UT3Tou.../fileinfo.html

PS3 cook

http://files.filefront.com/DM+UT3Tou.../fileinfo.html

Comment

Thanks for the cooks.

Comment

Working...
                              X