No announcement yet.

DM-DragonLord[BETA 3][PC][PS3][Pics][Download] Updated 18/10 - PS3 link added

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I like the map so far Are you planning to leave the sky this color ? At the moment, it doesn't do any contrast with the map. Not that I don't like it but I think that if you switch for a nice dark clean sky with stars and such, it would look much better IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by CPTBang View Post
      I like the map so far Are you planning to leave the sky this color ? At the moment, it doesn't do any contrast with the map. Not that I don't like it but I think that if you switch for a nice dark clean sky with stars and such, it would look much better IMO.
      I didnt thought it would work with a dark sky box, but now I am not too sure which one I prefer:

Or

Comments?

Comment

The Necris stuff is out of pace imo Pic 1 is to close of what you have at the moment. Pic 2 is more blue-ish than dark. The contrast is a bit better but not enough. I'll try to find an example and post a pic

Edit : I found severals skybox loading a lot of maps to found these. I show you what I have in mind in preferrence order, first one is the most contrasting, second and third are less :

Comment

I can't play your map more than 5 secs... I got the C++ Library Error...

I tried to fixed the problem just like I did with some maps from DG (recoocked the map with the UE...) but seems like this time ain't working...

I could play it in the editor without any problem, but when I try to play it on Instant Action the game crashed and send me to the desktop.

Any clue on what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by CPTBang View Post
            The Necris stuff is out of pace imo Pic 1 is to close of what you have at the moment. Pic 2 is more blue-ish than dark...
            Hey Alex

In one on my previous posts, I've mention that I have other things that I would like to comments on some point but said that I'll wait... well, 1 of those things was the sky

I agree with CPTBang on the Necris textures that don't fit and the sky that isn't dark enough. Is first pic is amazing

The feeling I had when playing this map is that it was a nice outdoor atmospheric map and would be more pleasing with a nice sky full of shiny stars. It would look healthy and match with the Asian spiritual theme

If I must choose between your images and those from CPTBang, I'll choose CPTBang first image.

Hope that help.

Comment

Is the 1st pic M_UN_SKY_SM_Stars01? Seems a bit different from that picture though, so not too sure.

I like the Necris stuff
              Hm, I ll post a link with a new beta soon and see what peoples think, else I ll just remove it...

EDIT: Sorry Kazuya, I have no idea, I havent heard anybody having this kind of problem on my level before
              Although I am having a relatively similar problem now, I cant run UT3 anymore on any level, it crash when loading but it s working fine to play in the editor ;/
              Dunno what happened, very annoying.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Hades View Post
                Is the 1st pic M_UN_SKY_SM_Stars01? Seems a bit different from that picture though, so not too sure.
                The pic was taken from ctf-omicron dawn, I browse around a bit in spec mode to spot a completely dark area.

Comment

Hey guy's

About the sky I made a mix of your pics and indeed it's much better. It miss a nice moon, a bit tiny of bloom and maybe others effects but anyway Alex will decide.

Take a look he he he :

[screenshot]http://img395.imageshack.us/img395/223/nouveaucielxx1.jpg[/screenshot]

I have copyrights on that pic

Comment

Originally posted by Lord_Hades View Post
                    EDIT: Sorry Kazuya, I have no idea, I havent heard anybody having this kind of problem on my level before
                    Although I am having a relatively similar problem now, I cant run UT3 anymore on any level, it crash when loading but it s working fine to play in the editor ;/
                    Dunno what happened, very annoying.
                    I think I found the problem to this... I have deleted and reinstalled the complete game, I also patched the game and reinstalled all the custom maps, mutators and weapons... but not the characters.

I tested every single map I have (like 150 I think...) in a 5 min game with 5 - 10 bots and 6 mutators and I have no problem at all.

So the obvious reason here is the custom characters... seems like some of them have problems with some custom maps.

I remember a post where someone have the same problem and someone else says that the problem is with some characters... I only remember part of the post but I know that the Spawn models have something to do here along with the GoW and Locust models.

But anyway, now I'm playing all the maps without any problem... the ugly part of this is that I have to check every single character before installed to the game.

Comment

Heh yeah Thanks Stevelois, strangely I cant see the stars on my skybox as clearly as on that picture, hm, I ll have a look though

EDIT: actually it was just the fog making it appears darker, nm

Comment

Hey Alex

Well at least, you take our suggestions into consideration

Comment

updated:
                          -new skybox
                          -more details
                          -increased lightmap res a bit at places
                          -some speedtrees in the background in high details
                          -some emitters around the waterfall
                          -better looking waterfall
                          -volumetric (fake) lights added

Waiting on a friend to cook the PS3 version, and I ll post the link.

Comment

He he, great

For obtaining beautiful grass, ask Genthly, or Neocane or Zixxer for advice. There grass are simply amazing

Comment

PS3 version added (front page). A friend of mine cooked the PS3 version and he said it was working, but if you see any problem let me know (I dont have a PS3, so I cant test it myself).

Comment

Yippie !!! B3 is here

Ho and Alex, BTW, the text file mention version 1.0 ?

I comments if I found anything

THX

Comment

Working...
                                X