No announcement yet.

DM-Gothic2 [PC] - Beta coming soon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A simply great remake, the graphics and textures are gr8 so u dont need to worry about those. The only thing i can complain about is the fram rate. no offence but i have played some maps which heavily decortaed compred to this and still had a smooth frame rate. also i think the maximum player count of 6 players is to small. i took me a while to find bots with just 6 of us. I would recommend player count of 10 but if thats to much for you then just go with 8. Other than this is definately up there with the best remake for ut3 (love the wether effects). Just try and work on making with frame rate smooth. good luck with the rest of the map

Comment

Originally posted by UTGangster View Post
      A simply great remake, the graphics and textures are gr8 so u dont need to worry about those. The only thing i can complain about is the fram rate. no offence but i have played some maps which heavily decortaed compred to this and still had a smooth frame rate. also i think the maximum player count of 6 players is to small. i took me a while to find bots with just 6 of us. I would recommend player count of 10 but if thats to much for you then just go with 8. Other than this is definately up there with the best remake for ut3 (love the wether effects). Just try and work on making with frame rate smooth. good luck with the rest of the map
      I've got some optimization to do, so hopefully the framerate won't be an issue. (at the very least it will only get better)

Fair call with the player count, I think it's a bit crazy with 6 godlike bots - but yeah, I usually play with about 10+ lower skilled bots anyway so I'll change it.

Comment

I've removed all the Post-Process blur (depth of field), and changed the colour too. Looks better already!

I'm working on making it a little more like the PP in the BSP version, except dramatically better (I'm testing some "tricks" to make it look more natural and seamless, so no sudden changes of colour that doesn't blend in)

Comment

i am really looking forward to this becomming finalized! thank you for such an amazing remake! <3

Comment

The last update was several months ago, is this still happening? Extremely impressive so far sneh.

I've only tried the BSP version, considering the filefront link for the 2008 alpha version is dead.

Comment

Originally posted by shombowhore View Post
              The last update was several months ago, is this still happening? Extremely impressive so far sneh.
              Thanks

It's a coincidence you bumped this thread, because I've been working on it again just now to finally finish it

I've adding some more meshes, and I'm currently re-working the cloud materials (ok and a whole lot more, but I'm not going to list it all)

I won't put a 'finish' date on it, but I am hoping to go Final in the very near future if I have the time..

Comment

hi, the filefront link for the alpha-version doesn't work.
                would like to test this map, looks great and hopefully plays great.

Comment

Originally posted by drill_sarge View Post
                  hi, the filefront link for the alpha-version doesn't work.
                  would like to test this map, looks great and hopefully plays great.
                  Oh... Filefront sent me a message saying it was removed due to inactivity or something, didn't bother reloading it because I've got a 'newer' version since then anyway.

I'll try to get it done soon so I can upload a Beta version, rather than the old alpha

Comment

Ps3?

Aww when its available can someone cook this for PS3? I was thinking about this remake and here it is, absolutely love this map!

Comment

Class!!!

The Dusk version is perfect and the closer version to the original one as i remember the atmosphere was reddish and little bit on purple

Comment

sneh!

answer your pms silly!

Comment

i need this classic remake

!

Comment

Nostalgia all over again.

Comment

No ones got this for a wile and filefront seems to have taken it down. Theres been requests for this map.

Comment

Do you have any set date when this map is going to be finished?

Because I got a friend who can cook it to PS3, and I absolutely love this map and would love to do TDM/DM on it.

Comment

Working...
                                X