Clear All

vCTF-Defection [Final] [PC] [Updated 24/8/08]

vCTF-Defection

Final @ http://utforums.epicgames.com/showthread.php?t=622585

Interesting!

Comment

nice map! lookz good as always

Comment

hmmm if it works (and if its avialible for download) ill talk with jerrod about this map and see if he likes it for our bbq and he will come to you and post a message or something lol (idk how it works im a new member heheh im a nweb)

Comment

This looks amazing man. Awesome!

Comment

Ill try to get the download up tomorrow. At the moment i've added power ups. Not sure how well they'll play. Dunno if bots will even go for the hidden one. Well it's not really hidden, but find it yourself. There's 3 in crates. Invisibility, Berserk, Udamage.
            The hidden one, is closer to one base than the other. But there isn't too much in it. And i don't think it will make much of a difference.

Yes there's Avrils. I can't live without them.

I decided i didn't want jump pad jump pads so there are now two 'steam' vents which are disguised Jump pads. Added two more crtaes in the middle near water for slightly more over in the deadly open.

Added a Redeemer. Not sure if any one will ever safely reach it. Or if a tank will last long enough for it to be of use.

Finished adding deco/lighting/Post processing to the 4th tunnel/cave thingy.

Before i release a BETA i've got to add some ammo / health. There's armour, but no health. And weapons but no ammo Me being me and hugely disliking Stinger/Link spam added both the weapons. But out of the way.
            All weapon lockers have Flak + Shock rifles.
            Snipers at sniping spot in base.
            Rockets also in base.
            Stinger middle of nowhere.
            Link gun. Near bases.
            Avrils. 4 of them. each base has one. And another lies near each shield belt.

I've also got a few odd bits where collisions might mess you around. aka you get stuck. So i might remove the collision and block it in myself.

Still messing around with the water to try and get it nice.

Anyway back to speccing bots Glad i have interest so far

edit: wee finally the bot's go for the invisibility \o/ So far seems they go everywhere

Comment

yea, colissions are a annoying thing. had to do blocking volumes for trees because epic didnt include them.

btw: hitting C and playing with the settings for which colission type is shown can help finding critical spots.

Comment

I can sense a download link coming on...

Comment

Sorry it took so long, each cook i managed to find a new major issue. :P

I found issues in this, but hey atleast now my rocks have collisions and have textures.

vCTF-Defection BETA 1 - PC Only 33MB .rar

Comment

Having problems opening this in game, the game crashes. Patch 1.2 here. Opens fine in the editor though. Looks like some incompatibilities with patch 3.

Comment

This map has potential!

Just played it and i find the blocking volumes disturbing. I hit invisible walls often when riding on my hoverboard around the flag area.

I also was snipering from the higer area's in the map when i was hit by a tankblast. It threw me off to the left where i fell stuck in a hole behind a fence. I had to kill myself before i could get out.

The cave area is also to long NOT to use the hoverboard, but it is also to small to use the hoverboard. I try avoiding that area because there was no action.

Bots need a little work too - they kept hogging the flag but not returning to base Could be just my bots though... i must train them! Back to the game...

Comment

lol train the bots if there whas a way you dont no how cool that

Comment

Bump. Need moar feedback!

Got another map on the go atm aswell now. So it'll be fun

Comment

maps looks good like the costum jump pad in it really dont now how map get better but i am not a map maker

Comment

yes to weapon lockers
                              And jumpboots to jump away from evil tanks or to jump to the sniper.

Comment

Working...
                              X