DM-Kryos [Beta][Pics][Download]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by d3tox View Post
    There is actually a way to get up to those walkways. Go up the stairs (over the deemer)You can dodge up the glass and wall dodge off the pipes to get to either side.
    I just tried doing what you said, I am having a hard time doing it. To me it looks like you can make it just by jumping, but you cant quite do it. It wasn't really obvious to me that you can jump dodge to get up there, but that is just me. Also, I just noticed that in the room off of the main cryo-stasis room, with the +25 health there are a few places where you can see through the grated floor and it looks like you can see through the level.

Comment

I still find it overscaled, feels way to UT2k4ish scale wise. If it was scaled down, it would be really fun, but everything is so huge compared to yourself, it takes away from the game and flow.

Comment

layout, or architecture? I'm gathering some ideas on modifications, especially the tube room.

Comment

Hey d3tox! This looks really good - are you still working on it?

Comment

Very nice ill download

Comment

Very interesting map. My only complaint is the complete lack of ambient sounds. You won't find a single one anywhere, except for the ones that come naturally with the jump pads. I would recommend some sort of mechanical sound for the conveyor belt room, a bubbly sound for the liquid tank, several interior humming noises for the hallways, and maybe some airy open sound for the area in which the prisoners are locked up in their cryogenic storage tanks. That would add a lot of atmosphere to the map.

Comment

not sure how this made it to beta8 without fixing some of the things that are wrong with this map (no preview shot, no or very few ambient sounds, feigning lifts, getting stuck in strange places, no access up from low spots, long middle area with hardly any access, bots continuing to get stuck on jumppad, and no weapons); although, on a positive note I did like the tube with spinning thing, monsters(?) in tubes, architecture, trim, monitors, some jumppads and using double enforcers a lot.

https://rapidshare.com/files/634350955/DM-KryosBeta8.7z

Comment

Working...
                X