Author: Jason Cecrle aka BitterPill
    Version: 1.0
    Compatibility: works with UT3Patch3beta2
    Description: Alien Bounty Hunter Character

Click here for a much large image

Homepage: JasonCecrle.com

Download: File Planet
    Download: File Front

Ok, so I submitted a character for the first phase of MSU. It's pretty beta atm, but appears to be playable.

I'm open to suggestions on how to make it better. I ran low on time and only had 3 days to build the in-game mesh, uv map it, rig it, texture it and get it into the game. Future versions will be nicer.

whoooooooooooooooa. this looks GREAT.

Comment

Cool!!! Afterwards make the gun lol

Comment

filefront download link plz i hate queing for a small d/l (or any d/l for that matter)
        EDIT: Tried out the model ingame. good job!

Comment

Looks great but it's hard to tell from such small pictures Think you can upload some bigger ones?

Comment

Originally posted by Bitter-Pill View Post
            I'm open to suggestions on how to make it better. I ran low on time and only had 3 days to build the in-game mesh, uv map it, rig it, texture it and get it into the game.
            Hm, impressive! Btw, any plans for porting Kinky & Mr. Sock Monkey? Those were among my favorite custom chars in 2K4.

Comment

@ Sunshine1709Str - Ha ha thanks.

@ LtClifff - Thank you. Yeah, eventually the sniper will be finished to the point it could be used as a weapon. I'm a Chaotic Dreams member, so there's always a chance it could end up in Chaos someday.

@ /CPH\ - Thanks. I went ahead and made a file front account and posted it. I know how it is. I prefer file front too.

@ Hitomics - Thanks. I just updated the thread. There's now a link to a very large image. Here's the link. http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v5...orethlarge.jpg

@4TX4 - Thank you. Kinky uses the face of a friend of mine who plays UT. I've been talking with her about making her into a sexy and stylish ninja type character this time around. As far as Mr. Sock Monkey goes, I've got some plans for him. His day is coming and many shall fear.

Weapons I left out of this release due to time constraints:

Shotgun - mounted to his back diagonally.
              Dual Pistols - mounted to the chest.
              Combat knife - mounted as a sidearm.

Comment

I'm having a pretty glaring problem.

The **** thing insists on melding its parts with Male Ronin parts as well. Makes it quite interesting, to say the least.

Comment

Originally posted by Zablorg View Post
                  I'm having a pretty glaring problem.

The **** thing insists on melding its parts with Male Ronin parts as well. Makes it quite interesting, to say the least.
                  First, thanks for using my character. The parts issue will be fixed once it has its own faction. It currently uses the Ronin faction and therefore shares parts with it. I'm very unsatisfied with the current model. At the moment I've got a new set of female characters for phase 2 of MSU that are of a much higher level of detail. So, later on I'll start all over on Jagoreth, beginning with a new set of concept drawings. I'll probably turn it into a set of 4 characters. I welcome any suggestions for how to improve the character.

Comment

The model looks great! I don't see a need to do it over completely, it might be better with more detailing in the armor and boots. There is an odd problem though. When I died, there were a couple of vertexes on the hands that stayed in the air. I wonder if they somehow got attached to the weapons sockets or something. I really like the customization options for the arms and weapons.

Comment

Originally posted by nekrophiliak View Post
                      The model looks great! I don't see a need to do it over completely, it might be better with more detailing in the armor and boots. There is an odd problem though. When I died, there were a couple of vertexes on the hands that stayed in the air. I wonder if they somehow got attached to the weapons sockets or something. I really like the customization options for the arms and weapons.
                      Thank you. I've been working on it. Here's a list of improvements:

1. The character now has its own family, and you can only choose from his parts list.
                      2. It now has a display picture and character biography in the character selection screen.
                      3. 1st person arms have been added.
                      4. The materials now appear as they should in-game.
                      5. The character now shows proper team colors in-game.

The to-do list:

1. Rework the mesh, making it more interesting and less blobby in shape.
                      2. Make sure it no longer distorts when killed.
                      3. Create high quality textures with much more color complexity.
                      4. Rework the specularity, removing the over shininess.

Once I get all of this finished, I'll release another version.

Comment

Sounds cool!

Comment

I was going to give you some things to improve, but your to-do list already covers it...
                          sounds or looks like this will turn out great!

Comment

OMG! *clap and whoops hysterically* that looks amazing! I would download but i usually don't download betas because of bugs. He reminds me of the alien pirates from the movie the 5th element

Comment

Nice one is this ever going to be finished??

Comment

Working...
                              X