Announcement

Collapse

The Infinity Blade Forums Have Moved

We've launched brand new Infinity Blade forums with improved features and revamped layout. We've also included a complete archive of the previous posts. Come check out the new Infinity Blade forums.
See more
See less

CTF-Ephemeral - urgent ingame feedback please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CTF-Ephemeral - urgent ingame feedback please

Name: CTF-Ephemeral
    Version: Beta
    Compatibility: PC Only

Description: As the map is my contribution for the MakeSomethingUnreal contest Phase 1 i need some urgent feedback. Many thanks

CTF-EphemeralBETA.zip

Textures are looking might bland there.

Also did you make sure to not leave it too open (projectile trajectory calculations and such)?

And fix your download link it has http twice.

Comment

I dunno, I kinda see it as a breath of fresh air! I could use a few maps with more diverse use of the textures instead of the usual maps that look way to similar.

Admittedly, I think it may need just a tad-bit more though.

Comment

Textures need to be WAY less bland.

Comment

Bland? I agree with Vlad. It looks like a breath of fresh air.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
            Still no excuse to have maps that don't stand out.

Comment

Originally posted by Al View Post
              Indeed, nothing wrong with those textures, they go quite well with the architecture.

Comment

I just find it looks a UT2k4 level.

Comment

Heard your call for urgent feedback and came running, but I cant help you, I play PS3 only. Sorry. Also, no worries, but the map icon at front of thread, blue and red icon indicates pc and PS3. Good Luck with your map!

Comment

At first glance on the screenshots, I immediately assumed that these are not the final textures. They definitely look unfinished. There's nothing wrong with keeping the colours that they have right now, but at least the surfaces should look like they're made from some plausible material.
                    Also, you might want to add a few waterfall fog emitters into the fog in the corridors.
                    It needs to look a bit more organic and so does the whole level in general, I find.

Otherwise, I really like the design, It looks like a building you'd see on an alien world in Star Trek.

Comment

Originally posted by sheld0n View Post
                      ...but at least the surfaces should look like they're made from some plausible material.
                      The map is 99% composed of concrete, metal and plastic textures with appropriate bump maps...

Comments of the screeshots are ok but useless at this stage
                      Someone played this map?

Comment

Ok love the map its not bland like others say its very light in terms of visuals and the music fits it very well.
                        Seems that you are on a Alien Temple or something witch for me the overall look of the map makes it very refreshing comparing to the stock assets.

The only problem I found is when you try to shoot someone that is runing trough the ditch that fog material doesn't let the projectiles hit the player so it gets frustrating to shoot someone whos runing across there or if you are in there and try to shoot back.
                        So try to remove the colision of that fog and Ill give it 5*.

Good Luck for the MSUC.

Comment

I think that the clean concrete textures look good, it's nice seeing a map that relies on true architecture rather than on spamming lots of meshes in cubic rooms. I also like the bright daylight setting and all the shadows.

Comment

I've played the map and I still stand behind what I've said before. There's nothing wrong with keeping the low-tone colours, but I'd strongly suggest using materials instead of just textures. Otherwise it still looks like a really good level, but from a game that came out five years ago.

Comment

Working...
                            X