Cluster Rifle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cluster Rifle

Cluster Rifle is a close range indirect fire weapon.

Primary fire shoots clustering bullets. Shrapnels bounce off walls and walls so aim for the legs or shoot them behind a corner to cause most damage to your opponent.

Secondary fire launches grenades which you can detonate by clicking the right mouse button. Grenades stick to walls and vehicles so they are perfect for quick booby traps and in tight corridors. Make sure you’re far enough from the grenade or you may hurt yourself.

Cluster Rifle replaces the Flak Cannon (weapon slot 7).

The current version is still a work in progress so all critique and feedback is more than welcome. We are working on balancing and fixing some known bugs.
    It’s also our first public UT3 mod release so let us know if there are any problems with the install package.

V0.8 Download ***UPDATED***:
    4shared:
    http://www.4shared.com/file/52877445...Rifle_v08.html
    Filefront:
    http://files.filefront.com/ClusterRi.../fileinfo.html
    (Anyone know any fast & free mirrors?)

--
    To install:
    Extract the .rar file to your My Documents\ My Games\Unreal Tournament 3\
    Path.

Launch UT3 and use the weapon replacement mutator to load the weapon.
    --

Authors: Joosua(script) & Vaiski(art)

Pics :
    (first version, particle effects have been changed since these pics)

--
    In game vids by dxm765
    Thanks again

Originally posted by dxm765 View Post

Secondary fire is sticky grenades with detonator that the user controls? Ooooooohhhhhhhh......

Comment

A fast and free mirror is filefront. Is the most popular out there! just do google search!

Ok, just tried it... A bit dissapointed... I love the model and the secondary fire is great. But it is not a keeper. it is not a keeper becuase of the primary. It looks bad, doesn't work well and is innefective. A standard machinegun would work a lot better, plus UT3 needs an assualt rifle anyway. or it could have a semi auto, slug as primary. This would work well as a replacement for the shock rifle.

Please take what i have said into consideration, otherwise, this mod is dead to me. I am sorry...

Comment

Originally posted by LtClifff View Post
        A fast and free mirror is filefront. Is the most popular out there! just do google search!

Ok, just tried it... A bit dissapointed... I love the model and the secondary fire is great. But it is not a keeper. it is not a keeper becuase of the primary. It looks bad, doesn't work well and is innefective. A standard machinegun would work a lot better, plus UT3 needs an assualt rifle anyway. or it could have a semi auto, slug as primary. This would work well as a replacement for the shock rifle.

Please take what i have said into consideration, otherwise, this mod is dead to me. I am sorry...
        Hey cheers. I was hoping for honest critique We didn't originally design the weapon for UT3 type of game. Transforming it to a different type of gameplay was a bit difficult. Honest opinion and suggestions from gamers is exactly what we want and need.
        Standard ut04 type machine gun for primary was and still is an option. Our first version was actually a typical assault rifle but it worked with a magazine reload which didn't IMO really fit into UT world

Maybe faster fire rate + less dmg per bullet + more spread on impact would work better?
        I kind of like the idea of having a weapon that is more of a indirect fire weapon than point and click. Hopefully it can be made fun to play aswell. Ofcourse all ideas are welcome.

I'm hoping to get better particle effects done in time Just thought that having the stantard flak cannon trail effect would have been odd.

Hehe, and feel free to submit name ideas for the final aswell

Comment

good job, looks nice

Comment

The Gun and Fire modes just seem really incompatible with each other. Kinda like a shock rifle shooting out sheep, would be cool but just does not compute...

The secondary is kinda cool, but theres a few things.
            Would be cool if the mines sticked to players instead of exploding on impact.

If you shoot a vehicle with secondary fire then climb in. Your doomed, but it's looks pretty cool. Kinda like thermite burning for a while.

The screenshots and what i see differ from each other, I only see bunch purpilish shock beams. Could be something to do with post processing.

I want those "shock beams" to kill me or hurt more than it does atm.

As for the model. It seems pretty dark most of the time can't see much of the weapon unless I'm standing near a very well lit area.

The arms holding it looks a bit messed up and a robot holding it looks funny. Almost as if there's another attachment to the gun.

The gun will fit better in with something like realweapons...

PS. The assault rifle never had reload and most people didn't mind.

Comment

Vaiski, could you release or PM me the source code so I can make it into a Mutator that will work on the PS3. Really would like to give this a go on the PS3. Looks very cool.

Comment

im glad you were able to take my criticism well unlike some mods i have given feedback on, it shows you are open minded... Unlike Epic

im sure you will find a lot of people who love the primary you have now. though there will probably be others as well like me who do not. I reckon the primary could work well if the gun was more sort of alienish...

At the moment i think it looks wrong and feels wrong. Plus, no one really minds if you do not have reloading, maybe make it so you could choose to have reloading or not. anyway... it is down to you how this mod turns out.

Comment

Video of the Cluter Rifle in action

Prim-Fire http://www.xfire.com/video/b2f6/

ALT-Fire http://www.xfire.com/video/b2f7/

ALT-Fire 2 http://www.xfire.com/video/b4d7/

Comment

It looks cool I'll try downloading it.

You need better videos. The video of the alt fire didn't really show the detonation thing. Also it took kinda long to load just a 10sec clip, you should try a different hosting site

Comment

im sorry to say this but this gun is just a pain to use the fire sucks cause went it hits somethign it exsplodes and shrapmetal flys everywhere and usely hits me the gernade idea is good but it also exsplodes when you detinate it and sharpmetal flys everwhere and usely hits me

Comment

Dude... Constructive critisicm. That is just critisicm, and while i agree the primary is not one i would choose, i could not do better. Could you?

Comment

And one other thing, along with being a little plain in colors, the primary blast should explode on contact and have a cone like outword blast, but the secondary fire is fine the way it is

Comment

Thanks for feedback! And thanks for the vids dxm765.

We have increased the primary fire rate quite a bit. It’s more like an assault rifle now but is slower than for example the Stinger minigun. Its (hopefully) more useful as a direct fire weapon now. Primary still shoots bullets which generate more smaller bullets on wall impact so it can be used in corridor blind shots.

All ‘shrapnels’ have shorter live time which hopefully makes the weapon easier to control.

We’ll upload a new version today or tomorrow.

Originally posted by euchreplayer23 View Post
                            Vaiski, could you release or PM me the source code so I can make it into a Mutator that will work on the PS3. Really would like to give this a go on the PS3. Looks very cool.
                            That would be awesome!
                            I’ll ask Joosua if he wants to put the source to the next version.

Comment

Great! Will downlaod the new version. One question. has the shrapnel effect been changed. It is to in your face at the moment.

Comment

Working...
                              X